Just broke ankle, don't want to get FAT - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Just broke ankle, don't want to get FAT

OK, I just broke my ankle 2 days ago, looks like 6-8 weeks no work.
I don't work out now, but have (well, had) a very physical job, route driver for FedUp.
So, my question is how can I keep from gaining back the 25-30 pounds I lost in the last 6 months?
I will be on crutches for the next 4 weeks and hopefully just a walking boot/cast after that.
Thanks for any help

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 03:21 AM
Boost is Good

a good product to use is Hydroxycut, you can get it at GNC. It is a great product to loose weight, gain muscle, or keep fat off. But just beware before using it that you dont have heart problems. But keep trying to lift weights if you can. No weight control product can even work effectivly without exercise.

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 01:21 PM
Hired Hand

Most importantly, watch what you eat. Keep it healthy and watch your calories. It's a bit easier to maintain than it is to lose so just be smart about what you eat and remember you can't slip up and go jog it off.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Chick with a Dick

Sorry to hear that man, it's tougher than most believe when you have a foot issue. I'd been the same weight/tone for years until after my foot surgery. Got sick and it packed on. Ask your doctor if you can use a Glider when you can put weight on it. I bought one and man is it awesome! It's the first thing that doesn't really hurt my foot. Good luck to you.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 12:13 AM
dispatching aero planes

well when I broke my ankle I was on crutches/cast for a year, just make sure you use your crutches right and push down with your arms and don't let them just rest in your pits....then get a set of dumbells and you can do all types of upper body lifts, curls tricep extensions, flys, millitary, but don't use too much weight because you will put pressure on your foot when you aren't even trying to. Then when you lay on your back to do bench make sure your legs are not on the ground because you will put pressure on it. mainly just eat right. Let me know if you have any questions.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 02:42 PM

I always eat one slim fast bar for lunch everyday and drink water all day, I dont touch soft drinks or red meats. Get some slim fast bars or shakes and eat or drink one for lunch with an apple or any other fruit. In the mornings i eat Frosted Mini wheats and skim milk and tea with no sugar. Just keep your metabolism up and eat right and you wont gain anything. how did you break your ankle? That must have been very painful indeed, It sucks having a injury Get better!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.
I have been doing the slim fast thing and body solutions, so far so good.

Wierd accident with my ankle, I was leaving an apartment complex, grass looked level, just stepped into a hole (maybe 4-5 inches deep 8 inches round. I fell down, didn't really think that much of it, started to get up and knew something was not right.
Look at my left foot and it was pointing the wrong way, 90 degrees to my leg.
Ambulance.
Emergency room. They had to set it back in place.
Turns out it is not broken (had more X-rays Monday).
In my docs words "The worst dislocation I have ever seen...".
All tendons and ligaments torn and some muscles torn.
Damn thing has changed colors like 3 times.
They are still saying 6-8 weeks no work.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 04:30 PM

Damn That must have hurt like a SOB, that is awful!!! Did you get light headed from the shock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement