Diet food sucks ! ! ! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Diet food sucks ! ! !

I've been on this Atkins Diet for a week and it sucks. All you can have is 20g of carbs a day and no sugar. All I've been eaten is salads, steaks, and chicken. But the good thing is my energy level has increased. But I'm going to wait another week before I weigh.
To see how much of a difference it has made.

All I want is a Whataburger or Wendy's triple meat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 04:15 PM
Certified CRAZY!

Re: Diet food sucks ! ! !

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I've been on this Atkins Diet for a week and it sucks. All you can have is 20g of carbs a day and no sugar. All I've been eaten is salads, steaks, and chicken. But the good thing is my energy level has increased. But I'm going to wait another week before I weigh.
To see how much of a difference it has made.

My mom did the Atkins thing and lost A LOT of weight! She said the first couple of weeks was the hardest-like going through withdrawls or something. After that, she said she really didn't crave the "bad" stuff anymore! Hang in there.

I wish I had the self-control for a diet!
<----Big Wuss
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 04:18 PM
Merry HoHo

i have been on the Atkins all my life

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~last name is Atkins

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 04:19 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

I just use some pills that I eat before lunch. Like when I drive up to the local walmart, oh yeah and by the way, theses tires ROCK, thanks lane! I pick up some Ripped Fuel and it helps keep the fat away, I just drink lots of water to counter the caffeine and kindey stones threat.

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 04:22 PM
Hired Hand

Check out my reply to your post in "pumpin' iron". Atkins is too extreme, keep carbs low and complex, but eat a little more of them and do cardio.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I've heard that is was to bad to stay on this diet for more than two months.

Anway all these healthy food stuff taste like pooo !
But I did buy some low carb protein bars that are O'K !
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I've heard that is was to bad to stay on this diet for more than two months.

Anway all these healthy food stuff taste like pooo !
But I did buy some low carb protein bars that are O'K !
Don't need to go on an extreme diet...just eat well...Plus if you are looking to loose weight you need to do more than just that diet. I don't know much about the atkins diet, but if you get off of it and don't work out, I'm sure you will gain it all back. Eat good food, work out (cardio and lift weights), drink water, and cut out cokes etc and you'll see the results if you really stick to it.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 04:37 PM
STILL EVIL!!

After you are on it for a little while you will find food that you like that is under the amount of carbs you can eat. I am in the first two weeks right now. I did the diet for about 5 months on and off last year to make sure my body can handle it. I can tell you in the first two weeks depending on how much weight you need to loose you will probably drop 10-15 lbs. And trust me after you see a gain like that you will be more than happy to stay on it. BTW sugar free jello is a good Atkins snack

Keith

"I've come here to Kick Ass and chew Bubble Gum.....And I'm all out of Bubble Gum"
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 04:56 PM
Other half of bitter

i think dieting is just stupid......never been on one and never will......I think if you just eat in moderation and exercise, then that should do the trick. Most people won't do the exercise part- and i know- i was like that too, still am sometimes- i can be very lazy. But if you workout enough, then you can eat normal- even some junk food, just within reason. No need to starve yourself or not eat the things you love. I think exercise is a much better option to dieting.

And unless you plan on making the diet a complete lifestyle change- like doing weight watchers for the rest of your life.......then it won't work......the weight will come back probably when you start eating regular again- why so many people yo-yo back and forth. Whatever you choose to do, has to be something you can live with forever. Missing out on some of my favorite foods like mashed potatos and enchiladas isn't something i can live with forever, hell i don't want to deprive myself of those for even a month!......but trying to get in the gym 3-5 times a week is something i can live with! I also drinnk a ton of water- especially at work........good luck!!!! and yes, diet foods suck majorly!!!!!!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
i think dieting is just stupid......never been on one and never will......I think if you just eat in moderation and exercise, then that should do the trick. Most people won't do the exercise part- and i know- i was like that too, still am sometimes- i can be very lazy. But if you workout enough, then you can eat normal- even some junk food, just within reason. No need to starve yourself or not eat the things you love. I think exercise is a much better option to dieting.

And unless you plan on making the diet a complete lifestyle change- like doing weight watchers for the rest of your life.......then it won't work......the weight will come back probably when you start eating regular again- why so many people yo-yo back and forth.
So Michelle pretty much just restated what I said, but added a little more... the key in loosing weight is WORKING OUT and eating right...so get your ass to the gym or go running outside. You'll also do yourself better if you lift weights and gain more muscle. You don't have to be built, but muscle will help you loose the fat. If you are not motivated to loose weight, you're not going to. It takes hard work...so deal with it and do it.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:30 PM
STILL EVIL!!

The only problem with you two ladies is that you don't need to loose weight Maybe at one time but judging by your sizes I doubt that. Shit I worked out for 7 years with football. The type of work outs that would make most people hate life. 4-5 hours a day 5 days a week. Cardio and weights as hard as you could do them. And yes including the summers too. I personally didn't loose weight. Only when I drastically changed my diet I started to loose. I still lightly worked out while I did it but it took the Atkins diet to burn most of the fat. Maybe it's just me
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:40 PM
Frequent Flyer

If you eat right, not eating only fatty foods or drinking a lot (I'm guilty of the latter) and you do SOME sort of cardio you will be fine. All you need to do is get your heart rate around 120 or more for about an hour a day and you will notice a difference. I gained 15lbs in about 6 months once I stopped running/walking everyday and started drinking A LOT. Since I've cut back drinking and started doing 30-60mins cardio (EASY cardio) a day I've lost 5lbs in 2 weeks. Not much but it's a start lol.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Frequent Flyer

Re: Diet food sucks ! ! !

Quote:
BTW, That's what I'm talking about.
I eat fast food all the time but I always get a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendys. The triple meat anything is too much damn food lol, just get a hamburger, fries and drink and you've cut your fat intake for that one meal almost in half.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamLX
[B]If you eat right, not eating only fatty foods or drinking a lot (I'm guilty of the latter) and you do SOME sort of cardio you will be fine. All you need to do is get your heart rate around 120 or more for about an hour a day and you will notice a difference. B]
If you just work out 30 min a day you'll notice a difference. And Ovrkill, I am not saying I look good, but to have gotton where I am right now..I have had to work for it. I work out at the gym right now 3-4x a week, and lift weights. It doesn't come easy to me. I also have a slow metabolism which sucks!
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:57 PM

Re: Re: Diet food sucks ! ! !

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamLX

BTW, That's what I'm talking about.
I eat fast food all the time but I always get a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendys. The triple meat anything is too much damn food lol, just get a hamburger, fries and drink and you've cut your fat intake for that one meal almost in half.
Fast food is bad for you I don't care what you say. Most people can't go to a fast food place and just get a chicken sandwich. Fries is one of the worst things you can put in your body. Hamburgers from fast food places are NEVER good for you. I wish I still had this one chart..it said how much fat and calories were in certain foods from fast food. There was a lot of fat and calories in just one of McDonald's small hamburgers. I don't think a small hamburger from there could fill many people up. Control your cravings and don't eat fast food. I used to eat it 2-3x a week, and now I eat it once every 2 weeks, if that. You'll get used to not eating such bad foods after awhile.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:58 PM
Frequent Flyer

I just run/walk for about 30-60mins a day or about 5 times a week and try to keep my heart rate around 130 since it's normally about 50 bpm. Plus I sleep a LOT better now.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:28 PM
The Big Matt

you can have whataburger and a wendy's triple meat...

just take the damn bun off

The Atkin's works, as long as you stay on it, and can do it.

I agree, working out is the key, but for those of us that are over 20 pounds overweight, we need that burst of help.

I've been working out everyday for the last week and a half out here, 30-60 minutes on the treadmill, lifting, and abs. Then the sauna, steamroom, and hottub... But I've been on the Atkins diet at the same time, and I know it's working, I can see the difference in just over a week, looking in the mirror.

Once I get to where I'm happy, then I'll keep exercising, and change my diet to a more healthy one.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverback

The Atkin's works, as long as you stay on it, and can do it.

I agree, working out is the key, but for those of us that are over 20 pounds overweight, we need that burst of help.

I've been working out everyday for the last week and a half out here, 30-60 minutes on the treadmill, lifting, and abs.
With the Atkins diet, once you stop that diet you are going to gain the weight back unless you are working out too. I don't think you need the atkins diet as a burst of help if you over 20 lbs over weight. I used to be 20 lbs over weight and didn't need that diet. Don't over do working out. That's fine if you are doing cardio everyday of the week, but just don't lift weights everyday. Your body needs time to rest and during that period is when you gain the most muscle. For those trying to loose weight, eat right, gain muscle strength, or even gain weight go to http://www.elitefitness.com/articled...tness.faq.html
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:54 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
I did the Atkins diet for 3 and half weeks, lost about 20lbs, no work out, went off the diet and only gained back 5 pounds but have since lost that weight due to working out 4 times a week the last 4 weeks. I am going to start the diet back up and with the work out I should drop weight fast, but I know that it won't stay off unless I keep on working out. My biggest downfall to Atkins is bread, I love bread. But I do have this low carb bread that is like 8g of carbs per slice.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:58 PM
Worship me

Avoid sugar

If you eat fast food get something like a grilled chicken sandwich...not the fried ones....always always always get it WITHOUT mayo...the mayo adds so much fat its scarey...I never eat mayo.

Work out and work out CORRECTLY....a lot of people have no idea what they are doing in the gym, I see them everyday in there....they come in, they "workout" and then they don't get results and they say it doesn't work for them. Heck I don't even get the results I COULD if i really tried...I workout half ass myself....mainly because I do it for fun and relaxation, not to be some bodybuilder or whatever....

The Atkins diet works you just can't go back to eating garbage and expect the weight to stay gone....it will come right back.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:09 PM
The Big Matt

It's not necessarily true that you gain all the weight back. Just depends on how you eat.

I used to weigh 320, and i'm down to 275~ or so now. I attribute all of my weight loss to the Atkins diet. I did nothing else to get to this point, except the Atkins diet off and on.

And I work out everyday now, both cardio and lifting. Yes I lift everyday. There is nothing wrong with lifting everyday. I just focus different areas each day. Arms, legs, shoulders/back, chest, etc... But I do abs everyday.

Everything works different for everyone, I'm glad that you were able to lose over 20 pounds. But for some of us we needed to lose more than just over 20 pounds. At one time I was 80-100 pounds overweight. Right now I'm about 30-50 pounds overweight.
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:21 PM
Small Fry

Wink

I wouldn't know....
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
Avoid sugar

If you eat fast food get something like a grilled chicken sandwich...not the fried ones....always always always get it WITHOUT mayo...the mayo adds so much fat its scarey...I never eat mayo.

Work out and work out CORRECTLY....a lot of people have no idea what they are doing in the gym, I see them everyday in there....they come in, they "workout" and then they don't get results and they say it doesn't work for them. Heck I don't even get the results I COULD if i really tried...I workout half ass myself....mainly because I do it for fun and relaxation, not to be some bodybuilder or whatever....

The Atkins diet works you just can't go back to eating garbage and expect the weight to stay gone....it will come right back.
Mayo is nasty to begin with so I never have that on anything. One thing I can't stand is when I go to the gym I see these young (I know I can't talk on the age part) females going w/ their little boyfriends who work out completly wrong. It annoys the hell out of me. It's very bad to do weights the wrong way. It's all about form if you are doing free weights and even with machines you need to know how to use them before you try. I didn't necesarily mean you gain ALL the weight back, Silverback, but like AL P said if you get off that diet and eat bad w/o working out, of course it will come back. I don't think I could take such a strict diet like Atkins, but then again that's just me. Whatever works for one person may not necesarily work for another. I once tried that BodySolutions stuff, but couldn't take it...too nasty. I think it's better to loose weight more the natural way anyways.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thanks for all of the Advice, and I will continue with the diet and low carbs high protein meals. And will stick with the working out.

But that still doesn't change my hunger for a Whataburger w/ cheese and fries. If I get a diet coke with this will it make it O'K !
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
Originally posted by OvrKill
The only problem with you two ladies is that you don't need to loose weight Maybe at one time but judging by your sizes I doubt that.
LOL! i still could lose about another 8 pounds or so.....i have gained a little on the scale back but probably from muscle gain. regardless, a few more pounds would make me happy! and i have to go workout in order to stay this size- my metabolism is slow too- so i have to work hard just to maintain where i am at and that sucks! but i enjoy working out once i get in there!

and Markus- i say treat yourself ONCE in a while........if you don't, then it will drive you nuts! if you do well, reward yourself once a week with someone like that- whataburger or whatever- it gives you something to work towards and look forward to.

like others have said- losing weight is different for everyone- you have to find what works for you and stick to it.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 12:24 PM

Well get a load of this......I've been running and jogging for about 2 months now, changed a little of my eating habits and lost 2 dress sizes already. Well it's also part of my boxing training but still I say you don't have to change your eating habits dramatically just a little a within time you see some results.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 02:21 PM
Hired Hand

Perseverence is the only way.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 07:41 PM
Chick with a Dick

Quote:
Thanks for all of the Advice, and I will continue with the diet and low carbs high protein meals. And will stick with the working out.

But that still doesn't change my hunger for a Whataburger w/ cheese and fries. If I get a diet coke with this will it make it O'K !
I've done the protien diet myself and dropped the last of the baby weight with it. Did NOT gain it back until last year when I got sick. Been 13lbs over my norm since then. However, I swear by it. The American Heart Assoc. just released a study that showed it may make you dizzy/lightheaded. Hell, two beers will do that to me. I don't believe it's unhealthy if you do it right.

Meaning eat low fat beef/chicken/pork and nothing wrong with a ton of veggies? I always added a small baked potato w/no fat sour cream at dinner and man, it rocked! I plan to begin again to get rid of what I put on. Along w/my new glider and anything I can do off my foot, I have no worries.

Only in America will you hear, "Can I get a #3, Super Sized, with a Diet Coke!

myspace.com/madamdeuce....even your mom has visited
Just imagine if guys weren't weirded out by my boner and stuff...and just wanted to see it. That's the world I one day wanna live in.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 12:48 AM
Saved

Aolt of you don't really know me, some would by sight, but ever since I left the Corps, I had been hanging around 250lbs or so, My company sent me up to K-State for a semester long course and I came back with a whole new wardrobe, 2 sizes larger, at 280 I hated life, So I just went to 24Hr Fitness, and joined on a month to month plan, then bought 20 sessions with a personal trainer, that was on the 15th, I have lost 9 lbs, and all of it gut, I feel better and sleep better, and have a lot more energy too, I am doing 15 min treadmill at 135-140 bpm, then cool down then 20 min bike at 135-140 bpm, then straight into weights light low weight high rep, I am not to do any heavy weights until I am down to below 20% body fat, but then I have gone from 49 1/2 inches to 51 around my chest in less than 2 weeks. No supps except T-2 and Paruvic acid and a multi vitamin. No ephedrine, ma huang or whatever that crap is, the first week I tried Diet Fuel I thought I was gonna die! My heart rate never got below 96 for 3 straight days and maybe 2 hrs sleep a day for that week, fugg that crap!
Anyways for Michelle and all you athers a diet is any daily eating habit, it doesn't have to be Atkins, or the Hollywood 48, or See Food, Michelle is actually using the best diet there is, Eating smart. I am not an expert, but this trainer makes sure I understand each and every step of my weight loss program, and I personnally think he's worth the money. We'll see what I weigh at FFW in October.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 02:47 AM
Chick with a Dick

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Stallion
Anyways for Michelle and all you athers a diet is any daily eating habit, it doesn't have to be Atkins, or the Hollywood 48, or See Food, Michelle is actually using the best diet there is, Eating smart. I am not an expert, but this trainer makes sure I understand each and every step of my weight loss program, and I personnally think he's worth the money. We'll see what I weigh at FFW in October.
Awesome! I'm glad it's working for you, I hope you acheive the results you're looking for. Man, by FFW you're ganna look great!

I agree w/Michelle too. I personally need a "boost" start and this meal plan works for me. I've not "dieted" at ALL in years so I'm used to eating whatever is convenient. Putting limitations on those choices helps me to stay on track. Otherwise I'd be eating fast food or Hamburger Helper everyday.
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt

LOL! i still could lose about another 8 pounds or so.....i have gained a little on the scale back but probably from muscle gain. regardless, a few more pounds would make me happy! and i have to go workout in order to stay this size- my metabolism is slow too- so i have to work hard just to maintain where i am at and that sucks! but i enjoy working out once i get in there!

I still want to loose a few more too plus I want to tone up my tri's a litte more. Like you, if I don't work out, I'll gain weight because my metabolism is very slow..it sucks. I don't want to even think about how bad my metabolism will be in 15 years from now! It's a pain to actually drive to the gym, but once I'm there and about half way through my cardio workout it's alright. Then I'm motivated to lift weights and do my ab work out. After I get done working out, it's a great feeling.
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Any of ya'll want a list of foods you can eat on the Atkins Diet Plan ?
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 05:25 PM
Chick with a Dick

Quote:
Originally posted by FbodLover
Like you, if I don't work out, I'll gain weight because my metabolism is very slow..it sucks. I don't want to even think about how bad my metabolism will be in 15 years from now!
What is it that makes you believe you have a slow metabolism? Did you have your TSH checked? Or do you have other physical issues too? Because if you have a true slow metabolism it's combined with other problems. If you haven't had the test, you should speak with your physician and talk to him/her about your concerns. Working out won't solve them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement