Bulking Up - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Bulking Up

Alright, I don't post in here much, nor pay that much attention to what goes on in here. But, here it goes.

Those of you that know me, knows there's not an ounch of fat on me, other than my belly.

Over the last 2 months, I've lost a considerable amount of weight. I've been eating more healthy for the last 6 months or so, but my weight has just fluctuated up and down. Probably the biggest reason for my loss, is stress. I eat less when I get stressed. Yes, I know it's not healthy. But, I'm already where I'm at so I'm going to make something of it. I haven't really been exercising, either. I've been doing a half hour on the elliptical about 2 days a week, and that's it.

About two months ago, I weighed in at 190. I stepped on the scale this morning, and weighed in at 166. However, I still have a small gut. Granted, it's a lot smaller than it used to be, but there is still obvious fat.

My question is this. Do I need to step up the cardio, to lose the rest of the fat before I start bulking? Or can I just continue with the little cardio I've been doing, and start building mass? I don't want to build muscle under a bunch of fat, but if I continue the cardio is that enough to rid the rest of the fat in the process?

I'm 5'10", FWIW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Resident Misanthrope

Location: I am sorry, you must have mistaken me for someone that gives a Fuck!
5'10", 166#'s? you need to buy a dress, not work out.

more muscle mass means you burn more fat. Hit the weights with light lbs and high reps, tone up, then bulk up. At least that is what I would try. Although, if I weighed 166, I would worry about putting on some muscle mass and not worry about a tiny gut.

post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly

more muscle mass means you burn more fat. Hit the weights with light lbs and high reps, tone up, then bulk up. At least that is what I would try. Although, if I weighed 166, I would worry about putting on some muscle mass and not worry about a tiny gut.

I've lost a LOT of muscle mass over the last 4 years, due to a torn rotator cuff.

I'm finally able to throw some weights around now, which is why I decided to get off my ass and do something about it.

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:01 AM
que?

Quote:
lol
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat
lol

That's ok, Mike. At 166 lbs I'll still knock that faggot's teeth out before he knew what hit him.
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
lol
lolz x2
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
That's ok, Mike. At 166 lbs I'll still knock that faggot's teeth out before he knew what hit him.
who
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
who

Fag Dudly.
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Resident Misanthrope

Quote:
Fag Dudly.
hahaha, I take shits that have more muscle mass than you. You might hit me in the face, but I would just get your punch confused with a fly landing on me.

post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:07 AM
I voted for McCain!!

Quote:
Those of you that know me, knows there's not an ounch of fat on me, other than my belly.
What about your head??
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
hahaha, I take shits that have more muscle mass than you. You might hit me in the face, but I would just get your punch confused with a fly landing on me.

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. When you decide to put your big girl panties on, let me know. Until then, put your daddy's dick back in your mouth and shut the fuck up.
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:09 AM
African Booty Scratcher

Mane I'm a gangsta, g-a-n-g-s-t-a mane, a gangsta the best to come up out of PA mane

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
que?

mane i'm a gangsta now let me tell you what that means, see i'm a gangsta always got my mind on my green
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Lifer

I say start bulking, Brent, but what do i know.
Im 5'9", 5'10", i really dont know exactly how tall i am. Regardless, i weighed in at 155(thats a few lbs of water also) and im around 7% body fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Resident Misanthrope

Quote:
If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. When you decide to put your big girl panties on, let me know. Until then, put your daddy's dick back in your mouth and shut the fuck up.
sorry, I like challenges, not something where I would be laughing the entire time you tried to kick my ass.

post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
sorry, I like challenges, not something where I would be laughing the entire time you tried to kick my ass.

Try nothing. I've taken down people two to three times my size, and you're no exception.

AGAIN, let me know when you want to put your big girl panties on and back up all the shit you talk. Feel free to bring your kid, too. It's never too early to let him see what happens when your mouth writes a check your ass can't cash.

But, it's all for nothing. You're a fucking pussy, have always been a fucking pussy, and will always be a fucking pussy. After all, that is why your wife left your faggot ass. She wanted a real man, which you know nothing about.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Kill u w kindness

Quote:
Alright, I don't post in here much, nor pay that much attention to what goes on in here. But, here it goes.

Over the last 2 months, I've lost a considerable amount of weight. I've been eating more healthy for the last 6 months or so, but my weight has just fluctuated up and down. Probably the biggest reason for my loss, is stress. I eat less when I get stressed. Yes, I know it's not healthy. But, I'm already where I'm at so I'm going to make something of it. I haven't really been exercising, either. I've been doing a half hour on the elliptical about 2 days a week, and that's it.

About two months ago, I weighed in at 190. I stepped on the scale this morning, and weighed in at 166. However, I still have a small gut. Granted, it's a lot smaller than it used to be, but there is still obvious fat.

My question is this. Do I need to step up the cardio, to lose the rest of the fat before I start bulking? Or can I just continue with the little cardio I've been doing, and start building mass? I don't want to build muscle under a bunch of fat, but if I continue the cardio is that enough to rid the rest of the fat in the process?

I'm 5'10", FWIW.

Continue the cardio but start to focus on weights. Start very light and with a spotter. First 6 weeks go high rep(12+) low weight (40-60% of your max).

W/ you experiencing a rotator cuff injury you want to give yourself a good foundation and start with very low weight so you don't re injure. Once you have put down six weeks with no injuries I would say start doing sets of 4 and 6 with 85% of your max. Do pyramids and negatives(ask if you don't know) on your bench and incline. You will start to see results.

Find a buddy who is a good spotter. On workout side of things the key to "getting big" is lots of heavy weight with low reps to the edge of your ability, hence why the spotter is very important.

As far as nutrition, cut the crap out of your diet, eat LOTS of protein. Chicken, fish, eggs, lean red meat. If you're real serious get a good protein powder and chug with in an hour after work out.

That should be a good start for you.

post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Try nothing. I've taken down people two to three times my size, and you're no exception.

AGAIN, let me know when you want to put your big girl panties on and back up all the shit you talk. Feel free to bring your kid, too. It's never too early to let him see what happens when your mouth writes a check your ass can't cash.

But, it's all for nothing. You're a fucking pussy, have always been a fucking pussy, and will always be a fucking pussy. After all, that is why your wife left your faggot ass. She wanted a real man, which you know nothing about.
DAMN dude! You beat someone up that was 498lbs?
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Resident Misanthrope

Quote:

haha, you are such a cute little boy. Before I actually thought your talking shit meant something, but now I realize it is just someone who can't fit in his big boy pants any more and is trying to still keep up his "bad ass" persona. Before I wouldn't mess with you becuase you are a fucking douche bag and really not worth one second of my time, now I won't mess with you because I don't want to permanently injure you.

post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
haha, you are such a cute little boy. Before I actually thought your talking shit meant something, but now I realize it is just someone who can't fit in his big boy pants any more and is trying to still keep up his "bad ass" persona. Before I wouldn't mess with you becuase you are a fucking douche bag and really not worth one second of my time, now I won't mess with you because I don't want to permanently injure you.
Why are you so mean on the board?
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Rookie

I wouldnt worry about any cutting or the gut. Just start putting on some muscle while eating clean.
Nobody here is a pro doing pro cycles of juice so nobody should even be talking about this bulking and cutting shit.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Blah blah blah. Again, try me.

I find it funny how you like to make insults about children, and then hide behind the computer like the cock sucking faggot you are.

I'm not repeating myself again. You know where to find me. Man up, or continue on thinking you're some sort of badass. I PROMISE you, you won't lay a fucking hand on me, much less do any damage.

You are the epitome of a spineless fucking coward.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:17 PM
que?

insulted a kid? wtf
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:19 PM
African Booty Scratcher

i think bcoop is pretty cool, obviously nowhere near as cool as me but then again who is.

god bless.

Quote:
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Lifer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
i think bcoop is pretty cool, obviously nowhere near as cool as me but then again who is.

god bless.
I'll take Prince for $100 Bob.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
insulted a kid? wtf

He was talking shit about my daughter one day, and now refuses to back up what he said on the board because I'm "not worth his time."

Remember back in high school, when someone was scared, it was always "You're not worth my time"? I used to always hear that shit. Only there is a difference between then and now. Back then, when I'd hear it, I was hearing it as they were standing in front of me; and they'd get hit before they had a chance to finish their pussy comments. Now, he only knows of me on here, knows where to find me, and knows he can avoid me for the rest of his life because he's scared he'll wind up with dentures at a young age.

Come on, give me a fucking break. If I'm so small, it will be a walk in the park for you, right? Man up, faggot.
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperGTS
Continue the cardio but start to focus on weights. Start very light and with a spotter. First 6 weeks go high rep(12+) low weight (40-60% of your max).

W/ you experiencing a rotator cuff injury you want to give yourself a good foundation and start with very low weight so you don't re injure.

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 PM
que?

damn that's fucked up, taking shots at someones kid
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
I wouldnt worry about any cutting or the gut. Just start putting on some muscle while eating clean.

Gracias. I may be hitting you up for some supplements once I get a good foundation.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Gracias. I may be hitting you up for some supplements once I get a good foundation.
You should come to 24hr Fitness off West parkway.

Quote:
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Grapevine Ford

I hate to sound like a broken record but the Epol/Halovar stack just put 30 lbs on me in 30 days. No BS. Give it a try.

Skip Harmon
Director of Sales
Grapevine Ford/Lincoln
817-319-2298
www.grapevineford.com
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike
You should come to 24hr Fitness off West parkway.

I know it's anti American and all, but I'm going to do the home thing for about two months before I go blow a couple hundred on a year's worth of membership. Just to make sure my shoulder is up for the abuse.
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Resident Misanthrope

Quote:
He was talking shit about my daughter one day, and now refuses to back up what he said on the board because I'm "not worth his time."

Remember back in high school, when someone was scared, it was always "You're not worth my time"? I used to always hear that shit. Only there is a difference between then and now. Back then, when I'd hear it, I was hearing it as they were standing in front of me; and they'd get hit before they had a chance to finish their pussy comments. Now, he only knows of me on here, knows where to find me, and knows he can avoid me for the rest of his life because he's scared he'll wind up with dentures at a young age.

Come on, give me a fucking break. If I'm so small, it will be a walk in the park for you, right? Man up, faggot.
ok, I'll meet you by the bike racks after school.

I find it funny that you didn't get all but hurt at my comment until someone laughed at it, then you try and e-puff your chest out trying to defend the fact that you when you look in the mirror every morning you think you look like a withered up vagina. No, I won't give you the fucking time of day because shit bags like yourself mean about as much to me as a warm bucket of hamster vomit. You are such a pathetic piece of shit that has to act all bad ass to try and convince youself that you are not a fucking pussy. "I lose weight when I am stressed", you sound like a fucking bitch on the rag. Why don't you try growing a pair in real life because it is painfully obvious by your over the top ramblings to try and bring people down all of the time that you know you are a worthless pussy. Go take some fucking anti depressents and some Mydol you horrible excuse for a man.

post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
blah blah blah, I'm too much of a fucking pussy to back up the shit that spews from my mouth, blah blah blah

Exactly.

Everyone on this board that knows me, can verify that I'm no pussy. Except you. But that's ok, you keep telling yourself whatever you have to, to make you feel better about your worthless, pathetic fucking existence. If I were you, I'd have killed myself. Hell, if I was your father, I'd have killed myself.
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:

god bless.
Ahem.

8/16/05
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
I've got kind of the same problem...just have a little extra around the gut.

I'm lifting weights 3 - 4 times a week and doing cardio of some sort 5-7 days a week.

On the weights, I lift enough for 3-4 sets at 10 reps without killing me. I got some sups from Greg to help with the recovery since I've been out of the gym for about 2 years. My shoulders hurt for a week my first day back.

On cardio, I'll do the eliptical if I go to the gym, otherwise I'm riding my bike peddling my ass off.

You might focus on the inches lost vs weight. I started at just under 180 lbs and I'm at 185 now...but I've lost an inch in my waist. My goal is to get back to a 30" waist and I'm almost down to 32 now. My weight goal is around 160, but as long as my clothes fit me and I feel good, I'm not going to focus too much on that.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Resident Misanthrope

Quote:
Exactly.

Everyone on this board that knows me, can verify that I'm no pussy. Except you. But that's ok, you keep telling yourself whatever you have to, to make you feel better about your worthless, pathetic fucking existence. If I were you, I'd have killed myself. Hell, if I was your father, I'd have killed myself.
hahahaha, you are a fucking ass clown. "Everyone" huh, yea, I put so much validity into what people on this board say. Everyone makes millions, has a hot wife, a 10" cock, and you are no pussy. Yep, all makes sense now.

Tell me, when you get so stressed out that you lose weight, do you cry yourself to sleep at night too? Good God you are a bitch. I am about to piss my pants from laughing at you.

post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Lifer

Ill fucking own you all. Roar...

Quote:
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
Ahem.

my apologies fine sir.

god bless.

Quote:
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
my apologies fine sir.

god bless.
Why you all up in mah crib, foo?

Quote:
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
hahahaha, you are a fucking ass clown. "Everyone" huh, yea, I put so much validity into what people on this board say. Everyone makes millions, has a hot wife, a 10" cock, and you are no pussy. Yep, all makes sense now.

Tell me, when you get so stressed out that you lose weight, do you cry yourself to sleep at night too? Good God you are a bitch. I am about to piss my pants from laughing at you.

I'm not the one showing the world wide web what a bitch I am. I've called you out a million times, and you puss out every time.

Now, you better get back to molesting your son, you sick son of a bitch.
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Ill fucking own you all. Roar...
That's it Mike your ass is going back in the cage and you can take Skid with you
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:08 PM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Why you all up in mah crib, foo?

shhhiitt skidmark tossed me the keys to a sweet ass sn95 with a 347 and let me rag the shit outta it. he fucking RULES!!!

god bless.

Quote:
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
shhhiitt skidmark tossed me the keys to a sweet ass sn95 with a 347 and let me rag the shit outta it. he fucking RULES!!!

god bless.
Well, you said you were thinking about buying one, so I figure you need some seat time!
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
Well, you said you were thinking about buying one, so I figure you need some seat time!
What I wanna know is why were you riding in the middle, lol.
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN449
I hate to sound like a broken record but the Epol/Halovar stack just put 30 lbs on me in 30 days. No BS. Give it a try.
I'd really like to see those before/after pics,btw.

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
x2! The more amazing results i see from this stuff the more i want to give it a try.

I just cant picture me going from 150 to 180 in a month though.

Quote:
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Rookie

^^^^ Yeah right, come on guys it's a 4 week cycle. haha

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Lifer

Just do some cardio and hit the weights hard. Take some protein and eat alot and you'll "bulk up".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement