How to lose the stomach "pudge"? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere between here and there
Posts: 1,055
How to lose the stomach "pudge"?

LOL... Im trying and cant figure it out. I was 5'10" 225 and one time then went to college 6'2" 175 (got sick and some how kept loosing weight). now im at 6'2" 198ish. I have been working out now for about a month or so and can't seem to lose the stomach "pudge".. Im doing about 100 sit ups a day sometimes every other day and when i work out Im doing stretches with weights along with anupper body routine. Is it diet? or would throwing in some cardio/jogging/basketball help?

Thanks guys.
mattv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Lifer
 
deso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington
Posts: 1,124
Diet!
deso is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
I am 6'1" and was 198lbs 5 weeks ago. I am now at 180lbs.

I have done 5 days a week of cardio. 20 minutes a day, interval training on an elliptical. I also lift weights 5 days a week. My stomach looks so much better. I still have lower ab fat to lose, but that will take a while longer and a more strict diet.

I totally changed my eating habits and am busting ass in the gym to get where I am so far. It's all about diet and cardio. If you are not committed to either, you will not lose weight. And unfortunately you can not "spot reduce" your body.

I am just eating better food, less portions, snacking on fruit in between meals and cutting back on beer. I had a 3 month goal with some friends and I am off to ao good start. It's hard but worth it. I'll post pics once our 3 months is up.

mikecobra95 is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 8,772
Diet I guess but its only been a month...
TOMMY is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,944
Eat less, but don't starve. Get into a regimine that agressively attacks the stomach muscles (cruches, leg lifts, squats, etc), followed by interval cardio. Burn more calories than you consume. And if I already didn't stress it enough, DON'T STARVE YOURSELF! Drink water, water, water and more water. Stay away from sodas (even Diet). When you get comfortable with your workout, increase the reps as much as possible and even go up slightly on the weights for the resistance.


OR...


I could just be full of shit and completely wrong, so just ignore this post.
Denny is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere between here and there
Posts: 1,055
sounds like too much work LOL. Im 24 and still living at home, just graduated and looking for a job. Living with moms cooking is hard and I eat fast food or go out to eat at least 2 times a week. I HATE fish and I eat a lot of red meats/chicken. I guess cadio and no more seconds at dinner here I come.

Sad part is I majored in Exercise and Sport Science but they didn't teach us much about this just biomechanics and stupid worthless stuff I won't ever use lol
mattv is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere between here and there
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Eat less, but don't starve. Get into a regimine that agressively attacks the stomach muscles (cruches, leg lifts, squats, etc), followed by interval cardio. Burn more calories than you consume. And if I already didn't stress it enough, DON'T STARVE YOURSELF! Drink water, water, water and more water. Stay away from sodas (even Diet). When you get comfortable with your workout, increase the reps as much as possible and even go up slightly on the weights for the resistance.
OR...
I could just be full of shit and completely wrong, so just ignore this post.
ha your not full of shit, sounds about right to me. Ive started staying away from sodas (MAYBE 1 a week) and the beer is probably what kills me. Looks like I may have to get that gym membership, Don't have enough at the house to work with sounds like.

Im just looking to tone the pudge... If I got a 6pack that would be great, I just hate being somewhat tone in other areas and having a flabby gut LMAO
mattv is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv
sounds like too much work LOL. Im 24 and still living at home, just graduated and looking for a job. Living with moms cooking is hard and I eat fast food or go out to eat at least 2 times a week. I HATE fish and I eat a lot of red meats/chicken. I guess cadio and no more seconds at dinner here I come.

Sad part is I majored in Exercise and Sport Science but they didn't teach us much about this just biomechanics and stupid worthless stuff I won't ever use lol
The later in life you wait to get the flat belly, the harder it'll be.
Denny is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Oooooooh-whee
 
Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: What up with that? What up with that?!
Posts: 10,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The later in life you wait to get the flat belly, the harder it'll be.

Story of my life. I wish I had never let myself get as big as I did. I've spent the last 22 months trying to get rid of it and I feel like I'm only 3/4 of the way there.

8/16/05
Tyrone Biggums is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv
sounds like too much work LOL. Im 24 and still living at home, just graduated and looking for a job. Living with moms cooking is hard and I eat fast food or go out to eat at least 2 times a week. I HATE fish and I eat a lot of red meats/chicken. I guess cadio and no more seconds at dinner here I come.

Sad part is I majored in Exercise and Sport Science but they didn't teach us much about this just biomechanics and stupid worthless stuff I won't ever use lol

"Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym."

You can do a thousand crunches a night for the next 6 months, and if you don't get your diet in check, you'll have a rock hard stomach, that is completely hidden by a layer of fat.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
Story of my life. I wish I had never let myself get as big as I did. I've spent the last 22 months trying to get rid of it and I feel like I'm only 3/4 of the way there.
biggest problem is, those fat cells never go away, only shrink. There's always lipo

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere between here and there
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
biggest problem is, those fat cells never go away, only shrink. There's always lipo
yeah and that is one of my problems.. My body and build is skinny but still have the spare tire around the gut. I gained all that weight during my early teens and those damn fat cells are with me the rest of my life Thats why you see larger people who lose the weight get big again most times so quick. Those damn cells just shrink and give you a false sense of hope.
mattv is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:39 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 120
doing sit ups wont do a thing for ur stomach its a waste of time get a good diet and plenty of cardio
cessar aguirre is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: drrty south
Posts: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessar aguirre
doing sit ups wont do a thing for ur stomach its a waste of time get a good diet and plenty of cardio
Unless of course you're at a point where your abs show and you want to better form and shape them.
ruffdaddy is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessar aguirre
doing sit ups wont do a thing for ur stomach its a waste of time get a good diet and plenty of cardio
Denny is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 10:36 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 683
diet is the key to abs

cardio is good.... also dont do abs everyday, because they need to rest. and i was weighing in at bout 185 bout 7 weeks later im at 164, i watch what i eat bout 65 percent of the time... and no sodas... and im getting abs... i have abs,, no im just burning all the fat off the abs.... but mostly is the diet....
JJG 5.0 is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Lifer
 
joezgarage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: somewhere between Dallas & Ft Worth
Posts: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
"Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym."

You can do a thousand crunches a night for the next 6 months, and if you don't get your diet in check, you'll have a rock hard stomach, that is completely hidden by a layer of fat.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Exactly right. What most people don't realize is that we all have those ab muscles, it's just that most people have a layer of fat hiding them. The trick is to burn the excess fat so that they become visible giving you that "six pack" look. And there is no such thing as 'pinpoint' fat burning. Your midsection is usually the last part of the body to retain fat cells. When you start burning off excess fat, you will usually see "tighter" muscles in the legs and upper body before you do the midsection. The right diet is the first major step followed by the right amount of exercise, cardio, whatever to burn the fat.
joezgarage is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome