help?!?!?! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Red face help?!?!?!

ive been fighting for a while now, about a year never had to cut weight bc im in heavy weight so i just diet right and train but ive took a fight in a month at 205 and im 6-6 235!(down from 255 by eating great and training hard) anyone have any ideas and maybe some diet to where i can lose this weight and still be worth a shit! the weigh ins are the night before- thats about the only good news about it! any help would be great! -thanks

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Rookie

Start cutting carbs and doing more cardio for starters. I'd try and get down to 215lbs and let water do the rest the day of weigh in.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Bitter Italian

10 lbs is a lot to cut for your first time, I just did 7 and it sucked. Dont go in expecting water weight to just drop off you like all the pros you watch on TV, its not that easy.

First thing you need to do is slow down on the carbs now. Red meat should be off your diat and you should stick to eating fish and chicken. If your not alreay you should be drinking a gallon or two of water a day. The final week before you weigh you have to cut sodum out. On thursday you should drink very little water and on friday none at all.

Enjoy going hell.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Baller

holy shit...weigh-ins the night before is not good news at all...haha.

It takes alot of discipline to do, but you can lose about 20lbs of water weight. It can be dangerous so do it at your own risk, and always have someone with you.

A few hours before weigh in, you need to get a sauna suit (some sort of PVC or plastic material) and either layer it over a sweat suit, or go bare. Hop in a sauna for some time, and limit your water consumption severely (keep in mind a gallon of water weighs 8.33lbs at around 40F; thus 20 ounces is 1.3 lbs). You will want to check your weight in time increments as to not drop below 205 since it's already going to make you weak. Once you hit your mark just take it easy. This will be much harder than you think and will fuck you psychologically if it's your first time. You can also chew a tart gum (quench is a good example) and spit in a bottle to aid in water weight loss. It sounds crazy but I've seen people make weight in powerlifting by doing this because remember a 20oz bottle is around 1.3lbs and the density of saliva is nearly the same as water at RT since it is 98% water.

The weeks before you need to have very minimal calorie consumption. To lose non-muscular weight your calories in must be less than calories out. Keep protein and essential nutrients up (slim fast type products are good for keeping the nutrients etc.). You CAN over consume protein as it contains calories, but underconsumption can be worse.

Keep this in mind when dieting:

carbohydrate - 4 calories*
protein - 4 calories*
fat - 9 calories*

*per gram

Good foods:

Fish
Raw Vegetables
Turkey
soy beans (edamame is my favorite form) - good snack

Basically anything with high nutritional content and low calorie count

And always remember if it comes to it - try and get your opponent to agree to fight a heavier you. Not sure how many comps you've been in but this is allowable and happens often when there's difficulty finding opponents. (from my minimal knowledge...haha)

Good luck, and kick some ass. Post a vid win or loss after the battle. What style of fighting by the way?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 02:11 AM
OFF TO DFWFUCKSTAIN.NET

Thumbs up

crack cocaine
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 AM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris
crack cocaine
or that...damn i knew i shouldn't have wasted all that time on my post...haha

Meth works wonder as well
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Talking

thanks yall lots of help!! i do a shit load of cardio now and ive been eating very clean but the info is great thanks! and its a mma fight i always fight at heavy but got a very good offer cant refuse at 205 so!! ill drop a video! and will all this cutting make me weaker (strength wise)?

The wolf on the top of the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill, but when he wants the food... ....its there!- arnold

hopelessness is only a state of mind, therefore impossibilities are only illusions!!!!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
thanks yall lots of help!! i do a shit load of cardio now and ive been eating very clean but the info is great thanks! and its a mma fight i always fight at heavy but got a very good offer cant refuse at 205 so!! ill drop a video! and will all this cutting make me weaker (strength wise)?
It could, but I have no clue as to what level of physical fittness you're at now so it's hard to tell. You also have to do the leaning out properly to maintain strength. What %bf are you?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Lifer

I went from about 212 to 195 in 2.5-3 weeks. I did it by eating decently(4-5 times a day), cardio/exercise, cut the red meat and then cut the last 3-4lbs in water weight.

--wes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement