Anybody compete in Paul Halme BJJ tourney? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
I drive a fookin Honda

Anybody compete in Paul Halme BJJ tourney?

Just curious if anyone from here competed in the Paul Halme BJJ tournament from over the weekend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Lifer

All of the 360MMA guys were at the Peak MMA/Lutter tourney this weekend.

--wes
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman
All of the 360MMA guys were at the Peak MMA/Lutter tourney this weekend.

--wes
Did you compete in the Absolute Novice?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
Did you compete in the Absolute Novice?

Yes, I won Absolute novice.

--wes
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Yes, I won Absolute novice.

--wes
You did great Wes!

I won my first match then got dry humped in my next two.

Aug 2nd viva Mexico! Well, almost!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
I drive a fookin Honda

Cool, it was my first tournament. Only been training since February and I won the Novice, 18+, 139.9 and under division. I'm glad I didn't compete in the Absolute....there were a handful of fuckin huge guys in there.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Cool, it was my first tournament. Only been training since February and I won the Novice, 18+, 139.9 and under division. I'm glad I didn't compete in the Absolute....there were a handful of fuckin huge guys in there.

You competed in the Paul Halme tourney?

My first match was actually against a Lutter 139.9 and under guy, poor little fella. I found out how he felt two matches later when I had to battle it out with Butterbean....damn guy was 300lbs.....that was not a pleasant experience.

Congrats on your win.

--wes
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
You competed in the Paul Halme tourney?

My first match was actually against a Lutter 139.9 and under guy, poor little fella. I found out how he felt two matches later when I had to battle it out with Butterbean....damn guy was 300lbs.....that was not a pleasant experience.

Congrats on your win.

--wes
Yup. LMAO, I saw that guy and was sooooo glad I wasn't competing in that division. How big are you? I saw a Lutter guy (about my size) going against a pretty big guy and looked hurt in the match. Thanks and props to you as well.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
You did great Wes!

I won my first match then got dry humped in my next two.

Aug 2nd viva Mexico! Well, almost!

Thanks Nick. That was one of the things I wasn't real fond of was the willingness of a lot of the guys to just score points and stall. I went for subs and wanted to end my matches.

Do you have a link for the tourney down south on the 2nd? I still need to figure out my schedule but I think we'll be good for the weekend.

--wes
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yup. LMAO, I saw that guy and was sooooo glad I wasn't competing in that division. How big are you? I saw a Lutter guy (about my size) going against a pretty big guy and looked hurt in the match. Thanks and props to you as well.
I weighed in at 195. It may have been my match you were watching. The Lutter guy was in your division, had on a blue long sleeve rash guard I believe.

I had on black shorts and a short sleeve black rash guard with black knee pads.

--wes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Thanks Nick. That was one of the things I wasn't real fond of was the willingness of a lot of the guys to just score points and stall. I went for subs and wanted to end my matches.

Do you have a link for the tourney down south on the 2nd? I still need to figure out my schedule but I think we'll be good for the weekend.

--wes
From TXmma:

GOLD'S GYM / MBJJA 1ST nnual SUBMISSION FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP
Posted by puromexicano on Monday, June 23 @ 1454 PDT

GOLD'S GYM 1ST ANNUAL SUBMISSION FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS will be held on August 2nd in Mcallen texas. Event is open to all styles. Kids, women, and men divisions. All weight classes and all levels. All competitors will have access to a personal trainer to help with the warm ups and stretching(The valleys best). This tournament is a NO-GI tournament. Competitors will be allowed to weigh in from 9am-8pm on friday at Gold's Gym. Tournament begins at 10:30am. $30 pre-registration(pre-registration ends tuesday the 29th of july). $40 at the door. $5 spectator fee. This will be the beginning of the Lower rio grande Valley's NO-GI tournamet and it will only get bigger and better! For more info call tournament coordinator miguel tinajero @ (956)393-1981. SEE YOU THERE!!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Lifer

I went easy against the first two guys in the absolute. Kinda like going against a new guy in class. I didn't want to be an asshole. The Lutter guy went on to win his class I believe.

Going against Wes, I didn't step it up enough. He is agressive and really strong, and deserved the win. I should have tried harder to pass the half guard lockdown, but you live and learn. I went againt him in the semis to avoid facing my teammate unless we went to the finals.

Wes, I think you went with my teammate 3 times total. I don't see what happened with the knee/head, but Kevin's a nice guy and I doubt anything was intentional on his part.

FWIW, Butterbean has over 100 lbs on me.

After the absolute, I won the Men's Novice and the Men's Masters Beginner Super Heavyweight.

7 matches wore me out. I'm going to need to train and lose some weight if I keep doing this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement