Transformation help..... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Transformation help.....

Ok guys, I was inspired by the results of some guys on here in your contest and started a friendly one of my own with 6 other close friends.

We started 2 weeks ago and I started at 195lbs. I am 6'1".

I changed my diet a ton, less calories by just eating better food and not overeating. Cheerios and fruit for breakfast, lean sandwiches for lunch, grilled chicken for dinner. Stuff like that. I am still drinking beer, although at a greatly reduced amount.

I have been doing 20-25 minutes of cardio a day, 5 days a week and lifting some weights as well.

So far I am down to 185lbs and feeling a ton better. What else can I do to make more of a change? Upper abs are looking so much better, still got a lot to lose on the lower abs. Body fat has gone from 16.9% to 14.3% so far. Man just 2 years ago I was 180lbs and 9% body fat. I am 26 years old right now.

I never realized how bad I had gotten until we decided to do this!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 10:59 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

What are your overall goals?

Brute strength? Super lean? General fitness?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
Ok guys, I was inspired by the results of some guys on here in your contest and started a friendly one of my own with 6 other close friends.

We started 2 weeks ago and I started at 195lbs. I am 6'1".

I changed my diet a ton, less calories by just eating better food and not overeating. Cheerios and fruit for breakfast, lean sandwiches for lunch, grilled chicken for dinner. Stuff like that. I am still drinking beer, although at a greatly reduced amount.

I have been doing 20-25 minutes of cardio a day, 5 days a week and lifting some weights as well.

So far I am down to 185lbs and feeling a ton better. What else can I do to make more of a change? Upper abs are looking so much better, still got a lot to lose on the lower abs. Body fat has gone from 16.9% to 14.3% so far. Man just 2 years ago I was 180lbs and 9% body fat. I am 26 years old right now.

I never realized how bad I had gotten until we decided to do this!
Switch to vodka/diet, or preferably quit drinking alcohol altogether. Without some serious cardio, that beer can single-handely halt your fat loss.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Switch to vodka/diet, or preferably quit drinking alcohol altogether. Without some serious cardio, that beer can single-handely halt your fat loss.

Point taken. I can tell a huge difference just in drinking a ton less. I will try to widdle it all teh way down as I move on. The 10lbs. in 2 weeks just proved to me I have a lot of extra fat to burn......

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine
What are your overall goals?

Brute strength? Super lean? General fitness?

My main goal is just to get back to 175-180lb range. That is ideal for my frame. Just want to get back to looking a bit more cut. Less body fat and a bit more strength.

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Lifer

You seem to be doing quite well..
If there was one thing i learned it was dont be disappointed when you dont see immediate results. Just keep truckin/ stay committed and it will come..

Shoot, ive been bustin butt in the gym as often as i can around work and other things and im just now seeing results after 2-3 + months of on and off. It feels good when people notice a difference and ask if youre working out. Im 2-3 pounds away from a new personal best (150 lbs), ive never weighed 150 before and im so close, and this is coming from 135-137...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike
from 135-137...

Damn dude, my left leg weighs that much...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Baller

Nay on the Vodka...go to everclear...it gets the point across with alot less.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Damn dude, my left leg weighs that much...
Last weigh in was 148 with low low BF.

Im hoping by December or so i can get to 165 which is where my goal is set at.

Quote:
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:09 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
I hopped on the wagon for a bit to speed up my progress. It's been a month now and I actually have no problem drinking water at the bar while everyone else is slamming beers or shots.

I sure as hell hope its worth it, because I really want a Guinness!

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Rookie

TRN-X of course!!

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
TRN-X of course!!

I can not take most suppliments due to a heart condition.

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:21 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Red face

Quote:
I can not take most suppliments due to a heart condition.
BTW, people like you (6'+ @ 195 who think they're fat and can lose 2.6% BF in two weeks) make me sad. LOL

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

stop drinking COMPLETELY

1 beer (bud light) = running 1 mile at a decent 6.0mph pace

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
BTW, people like you (6'+ @ 195 who think they're fat and can lose 2.6% BF in two weeks) make me sad. LOL

I tell you what though, my stomach was where the majority of fat was. I had a bad beer gut going on. I ate bad and drank waaaaaaaay too much beer. I still have a pretty bad lower ab fat roll going on, but I am working on getting rid of it.

I have busted my a$$ the past 2 weeks in the gym and totally changed my bad eating habits. The good drop in weight to me just meant I really did have a ton of excess fat to lose. I still have a ways to go. Stopping the beer will be my hardest challenge of all. Damn my GF for working at the Flying Saucer!

I do take great pride in cutting back on beer greatly so far though. Step by step I'll get there!

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Packin' up...

BRB, have to go take a Michael.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:41 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
I tell you what though, my stomach was where the majority of fat was. I had a bad beer gut going on. I ate bad and drank waaaaaaaay too much beer. I still have a pretty bad lower ab fat roll going on, but I am working on getting rid of it.

I have busted my a$$ the past 2 weeks in the gym and totally changed my bad eating habits. The good drop in weight to me just meant I really did have a ton of excess fat to lose. I still have a ways to go. Stopping the beer will be my hardest challenge of all. Damn my GF for working at the Flying Saucer!

I do take great pride in cutting back on beer greatly so far though. Step by step I'll get there!
<--- Adds mikecobra95 to the saucer GTG invite list (FTW or Addison?)

Yeah, I've never had a caliper or dunk BF test done so I don't really know what I'm at... but I do know that in the past 3 weeks my lifts have continued upward and my weight has gone down 8.25 lbs but my scale (it does bioimpedance BF measuring) says I haven't lost any BF.

How are you measuring yours?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
<--- Adds mikecobra95 to the saucer GTG invite list (FTW or Addison?)

Yeah, I've never had a caliper or dunk BF test done so I don't really know what I'm at... but I do know that in the past 3 weeks my lifts have continued upward and my weight has gone down 8.25 lbs but my scale (it does bioimpedence BF measuring) says I haven't lost any BF.

How are you measuring yours?

Fort Worth Saucer! I just finished my 2nd plate there and am due to have my party soon Been going for years and dating mf GF who works there for about a year and a half. Know all the folks there and always have a good time. Let me know when you wanna go out.

Measuring my Body Fat on a handheld bioimpedence BF measuring tool in my fitness center here at work. Not sure how accurate it is, but I use the same thing each time so I get ocnsistent results

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:

the fatter you are the faster you lose weight

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg

I don't think I've ever been called fat in my life But until about 3 years ago I could do WHATEVER I wanted and ate whatever I wanted and never get over 175lbs. Well those days are gone and once I almost hit 200lbs. I decided enough was enough........

But yeah I was a little fat there for a while, lol

post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg

...and not to burst his bubble, but he's also able to carry more water weight in that fat, which is where at least half of this "miraculous" initial weight loss came from. Two weeks is nothing in terms of over-all health and changing body composition. I'm not trying to be negative nancy, just injecting a touch of reality, so that you don't get depressed when your awesome progress grinds to a halt. Stay motivated, learn a little patience, and quit drinking.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
...and not to burst his bubble, but he's also able to carry more water weight in that fat, which is where at least half of this "miraculous" initial weight loss came from. Two weeks is nothing in terms of over-all health and changing body composition. I'm not trying to be negative nancy, just injecting a touch of reality, so that you don't get depressed when your awesome progress grinds to a halt. Stay motivated, learn a little patience, and quit drinking.

No worries at all. I know the next few lbs will be 3 times as hard to lose. Just gotta stick with it and see what 3 months of being good can do for me

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

175 at 6'1 is small IMO. I think the least you should way is 195, you should just bulk then cut and be big and ripped.
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 PM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
when the contest began i was around 220lbs. mid way through i got off track and stayed at 210lbs. its mostly the beer gut. ive cut back on alcohol completely during the contest but ened up giving in. i decided to weigh myself last week friday. i was at an even 200lbs. i was surprised. i was only drinking twice a week. with the weather and all the lifting, loading,unloading into the van at work(which keeps me moving constantly) plus all the water i was drinking(no cokes) i ended up killing those 10lbs away. im glad i lost 20 lbs since i first started this. it beats the 250lbs i was 3 years ago. last year i had dropped from 240 to 220 this year. im aiming for 140lbs but thats wishfull thinking, i weighed 130lbs all during highschool plus im only 5'7". ill be happy with 150 and then working on muscle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivea4banger
im aiming for 140lbs but thats wishfull thinking, i weighed 130lbs all during highschool plus im only 5'7". ill be happy with 150 and then working on muscle.

Is that joke? What do want to blow away?

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:09 PM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
Quote:
Is that joke? What do want to blow away?

id rather loose the weight first and get healthier than get muscles first. not all of us want to be muscled up freaks.

ive always weighed 135lbs all throughout highschool. i didnt start getting a gut up until after i graduated and started drinking. my arms and legs are skinny, everything else is fat. now that doesnt mean that i dont want to bulk on later on. im just working on losing the weight first. kind of like biggest loser way....none of them went for the muscle head look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivea4banger
id rather loose the weight first and get healthier than get muscles first. not all of us want to be muscled up freaks.

lol, come on man i dont look like a muscled up freak if that's what your saying.

Not yet anyways.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 12:11 PM

Hmmm I was 145 at 5'10 in high school.

I'm 180 at 5'10 now and don't think im fat at all. Surgery has kept me outta the gym for over a month though so I feel weaker, and tired all the time.

I don't look 180, not sure why. I guess everyone is different.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
175 at 6'1 is small IMO. I think the least you should way is 195, you should just bulk then cut and be big and ripped.

I am a naturally skinny guy. I can get a good muscle base when I really work at it, but I am more of just a cut skinny guy. My best weight ever was 185lbs and only 7% body fat. That was lifting all the time and doing tons of cardio 4 years ago. Me hitting 197lbs. was a shock to me a few months ago. I was not bulking up on muscle, just fat in my gut.

I want to hit 180lbs but be healthy, more mass, less stomach. Then if I drop below 180lbs, I want to bulk up with muscle and gain weight, not fat. I have ranged form 160lbs to 197lbs in the past 5 years.

I still have over 2 months to go to reach my goal, but it is going well so far

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I am a naturally skinny guy. I can get a good muscle base when I really work at it, but I am more of just a cut skinny guy. My best weight ever was 185lbs and only 7% body fat. That was lifting all the time and doing tons of cardio 4 years ago. Me hitting 197lbs. was a shock to me a few months ago. I was not bulking up on muscle, just fat in my gut.

I want to hit 180lbs but be healthy, more mass, less stomach. Then if I drop below 180lbs, I want to bulk up with muscle and gain weight, not fat. I have ranged form 160lbs to 197lbs in the past 5 years.

I still have over 2 months to go to reach my goal, but it is going well so far

sounds like a plan, let me know if i can help you with supps.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:22 PM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effigy
Hmmm I was 145 at 5'10 in high school.

I'm 180 at 5'10 now and don't think im fat at all. Surgery has kept me outta the gym for over a month though so I feel weaker, and tired all the time.

I don't look 180, not sure why. I guess everyone is different.
I'm the same, I was 6'1 170 in HS, now I'm 6'1 200 and everyone thinks I weigh 180.
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I need a creatine supplement. Can ya help me out?

Quote:
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:

Back in the days of High school I stacked Nitro and Cell tech.

I have since been diagnosed with a heart condition and can not have any supp that raises your heart rate. No caffeine or anything of that nature. If you have anything like that for me, let me know I appreciate your help!

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Mike
I need a creatine supplement. Can ya help me out?

Yeah, i have different ones. You want the cheaper old school Mono or the new ethyl ester stuff. You can read about them on our website store and get prices if you dont know the difference.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:

I have since been diagnosed with a heart condition and can not have any supp that raises your heart rate. No caffeine or anything of that nature. If you have anything like that for me, let me know I appreciate your help!

So you just have to stay away from the stims? Yeah, i have tons of stuff for you! haha You should probably stick to some BCAA's and Protein at first. If you want creatine you could try that out too and see how you do with it.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
So you just have to stay away from the stims? Yeah, i have tons of stuff for you! haha You should probably stick to some BCAA's and Protein at first. If you want creatine you could try that out too and see how you do with it.

I guess so, I know nothing on suppliments. I could use something to help build mass, but at the same time I am still trying to cut some fat. As long as it doesn't affect my heart rate in any way I would love to give somethign a try. PM me if you have some good options for me.

post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Are you limited on cardio?

I know when im working out sometimes my heart is pumpin fast as hell...especially on the treadmill. Without having a heart condition i still think it feels like its gonna explode sometimes lol...
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effigy
Are you limited on cardio?

I know when im working out sometimes my heart is pumpin fast as hell...especially on the treadmill. Without having a heart condition i still think it feels like its gonna explode sometimes lol...

I was limited for a few years but am back to "Normal activity". I monitor my heart rate closely while I am doing cardio and if I see it getting around 175 or so I usually back off just to be safe......

Werd thing was whenI had alot of my "attacks" they were usually while I was just chilling watching TV or something

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I was limited for a few years but am back to "Normal activity". I monitor my heart rate closely while I am doing cardio and if I see it getting around 175 or so I usually back off just to be safe......

Werd thing was whenI had alot of my "attacks" they were usually while I was just chilling watching TV or something
Ahhhh well glad you're doing well then, hopefully your heart rate stays healthy forever.

I try those monitors on the treadmills, when I see 150 on there I figure thats getting pretty high? Guess I've never checked to see what's dangerous for a heart rate during moderate to heavy cardio. I tend to run at a pretty quick pace when i'm doing cardio, and not a slower jog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement