any fat to skinny guys here? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

any fat to skinny guys here?

so yeah i was wondering about the issue of stretchmarks and possibility of extra skin. i went from around 140 to 220 in around 4 months from 8th grade to 9th grade. then from 10th grade to 11th grade i went from 220 to 155. now (junior in college) i am around 158 @ ~ 12% body fat. i have more than a couple stretch marks around my waist and was wondering if it is still possible for me to get some abs? im definitely still working out 6 days a week with mwf as chest/tri, should/legs, back/biceps and doing one group twice a week. rest of the days are ~45 minutes of cardio @ 70% hr. anyone have maybe the same experience and was successful?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:21 AM
WTF is Zed?

6 pack abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. And yes you can do it, anyone can that's committed. Eat clean, hit the cardio hard
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS
6 pack abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. And yes you can do it, anyone can that's committed. Eat clean, hit the cardio hard
yup doing the healthy thing right now too! the the top part of my abs are coming in its just the bottom half that im worried about. the "spare tire." but hopefully that'll be gone by the end of july (depending on if its extra skin or not)!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Im working on it....it is possible though. If you get bored, look on bodybuilding.com's forums. Lots of transformation pictures of people going fat to skinny

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS
6 pack abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym.

I'd say the oppisite for people like me.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Custom User Title

Fat to skinny NO but Skinny to fat YES

17 yrs old 148lbs - 26 yrs old 248lbs although I started two weeks ago to not drink sodas any more and started eating more fruit and I weight 235lbs now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
gettin sideways

i went from 307lbs to 204lbs and i currently weigh about 230. i have packed on some muscle but also gained a little bad weight back. i have some loose skin around my midsection and i dont know that i would ever get rid of all of it and get a 6-pack without being like 300lbs of solid muscle lol.
i honestly think no matter what there will always be a little excess skin when losing a ton of weight, especially if its done fast which mine was all done in about 4 1/2 months.

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red92Stang
i went from 307lbs to 204lbs and i currently weigh about 230. i have packed on some muscle but also gained a little bad weight back. i have some loose skin around my midsection and i dont know that i would ever get rid of all of it and get a 6-pack without being like 300lbs of solid muscle lol.
i honestly think no matter what there will always be a little excess skin when losing a ton of weight, especially if its done fast which mine was all done in about 4 1/2 months.
about the same here man, i basically gained 60ish pounds in 4 months then a year later, lost 50ish mounts in under 1 1/2 months
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:45 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthelion
about the same here man, i basically gained 60ish pounds in 4 months then a year later, lost 50ish mounts in under 1 1/2 months
Did you grow a tumor and then have it removed?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 12:58 AM
T-MINUS

I've got some. I went from 5'0" to 5'9" in 3 months between my freshman and sophomore year. Even when I was in great shape I had them.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 AM
JPS

Unless you're old....like me....your skin will stretch back for the most part. Elasticity (and no I didn't spell check that word) isn't as good as if you were 20....but I'm sure your skin will get back to a great shape!

JPS
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 09:49 AM

I went from over 250 in highschool down to 190 and have been around that weight for the last 6 years, even dropping down to 175 I never could get the center of the lower 2 abs to show, I could get the other 4 fairly well, I agree your skin will shrink some, but I don't think it will ever go all the way back. do lots of cardio, good diet and ab exercises. good luck
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Canada is welcome here.

My main problem with this has always been the appetite thing. I begin to feel like i am starving myself, even when i eat plenty of food, it's just healthy food. You know, when you start to feel that decline in daily energy due to having no sugar, and no caffine. It's like kicking some type of addiction. If you can get past that first couple of months, you are good. But they are hard. Cutting cycles (ditching weight) are always a bitch. At least IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement