Cardio time? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

Cardio time?

When working on cardio how long is optimum?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Lifer

I would say 20 to 30 minutes from what I've read on Muscle Fitness magazine.
Just listen to your body and you will know.
That's what I do.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

I've been hammering the stationary bike for ~30 min, as much as an hour at a decent pace (20mph with spikes to 25mph) then a roughly 5 minute cool down.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Lifer

I ran today 5 and 1/2 miles and could have ran more, I did this on a treadmill at speeds of 6.5 all the way to 8.5...
It just depends on how I feel? What is your ultimate goal?
Once you get that cardio high you never look back.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

My goal? To be in shape

When I was in HS playing football, I was a lean, stout 205, I'm 5'11". Life, laziness, whatever turned me into a bag of shit. On April 7th (the day I began working out again) I weighed myself and tipped the scales at 237lbs - not so lean
At one point I had dropped to about 185ish and then rushed up over 50lbs.
As of today I was 214. Chest is bigger, shoulders are bigger, arms are bigger. Pants waist is down from a 38 to a 34 and my energy is returning.

Ultimately, I'd like to settle around 185/190 and just be in solid shape.

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Lifer

Man in all honesty it's going to be your diet, that's how you're going to get lean.
Proper nutrition combinded with a great weekly regiment of physical activity will give you the result that "WE" are all looking for, but it is easier said than done. Oh how I remember the good old days....
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I've been hammering the stationary bike for ~30 min, as much as an hour at a decent pace (20mph with spikes to 25mph) then a roughly 5 minute cool down.
In all honesty I personally, don't think the Stationary bike does any good, its pretty light cardio. getting on a real bike, or running would be a better alternative. Course it is better than nothing.

02-z28
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
In all honesty I personally, don't think the Stationary bike does any good, its pretty light cardio. getting on a real bike, or running would be a better alternative. Course it is better than nothing.
He can always take a spin class, some people just don't like to run.
Not saying that's his case but is a great alternative.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 12:10 AM
The Medium Kabuki

I can't seem to lose any weight - I'm right around 245, 6'2" and it is a little upsetting. I've increased my cardio to 5 days a week with a max run of 5 miles at 9:30 pace, and a minimum jog of 2.5 miles at 10:00 pace. I cross train with 45 minutes of bike riding (mountain bike on the road) or dirt bike riding which is usually once on the weekends. I've been eating better and upped my cardio, yet no weight loss really. My diet is yogurt for breakfast, I eat out for lunch, dinner is small salad + non-fried meat + veggie, small dessert. No sodas, lots of water (unsweet tea for lunch). My eat out for lunch is reasonable - a salad from quiznos (no flatbread), subway, baja fresh tacos (2 chicken + black beans), or somesuch.

Anyway, my point is - if you find something that really helps then post up because I can't find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relinquished
tou must think i am dumb or returded
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldecharmoy
i know what a long block is and i know what a short block is
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 12:13 AM
The Medium Kabuki

Quote:
When working on cardio how long is optimum?
Everything I've read is a minimum of 20 minutes of jogging or 30 minutes on any machine, but for optimum I'm sure it is dependent on your body. I'm a fatass and can ran a 10k, but can't lose any weight.... so I would say if you're losing weight then keep it up.

Quote:
Quote:
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Lifer

kenny c-How does your clothes feel or when you look at yourself in the mirror?
I wouldn't always go by what a scale tells you. JMHO.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
light to moderate cardio is the key to losing fat.

Sean..you could try HIIT training. Pedal at a moderate pace for 1 min, then balls to the wall fast as you can for 30 sec, and back and forth for 20 min. Supposedly HIIT training is supposed to equal out to almost an hour workout in 20 min. Also supposed to burn more fat. Aaron (Raven) pointed out not to long ago that if you work to hard, you body goes into an anaerobic mode and you do not get enough oxygen in the body to properly burn fat. A moderate pace is the best. You should be able to say a sentence or two while working out

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
light to moderate cardio is the key to losing fat.

Sean..you could try HIIT training. Pedal at a moderate pace for 1 min, then balls to the wall fast as you can for 30 sec, and back and forth for 20 min. Supposedly HIIT training is supposed to equal out to almost an hour workout in 20 min. Also supposed to burn more fat. Aaron (Raven) pointed out not to long ago that if you work to hard, you body goes into an anaerobic mode and you do not get enough oxygen in the body to properly burn fat. A moderate pace is the best. You should be able to say a sentence or two while working out
Tim, I've tried th HIIT training several times, at the end, you can barely exit the bike! It is brutal!

I mix it up, some nights I'll maintain a set speed/pace just to go through the motion and other nights I'll push myself.

Not big on jogging, never have been.

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Tim, I've tried th HIIT training several times, at the end, you can barely exit the bike! It is brutal!

I mix it up, some nights I'll maintain a set speed/pace just to go through the motion and other nights I'll push myself.

Not big on jogging, never have been.
LOL.. HIIT is a killer. I consider myself in decent shape now after 5 months of doing cardio and HIIT still kills me. I should have those DVD's out tomorrow...I had to burn 2 sets (24 dvds total) and it takes forever. Check out youtube and do a search for the results...pretty amazing for weight loss

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

Appreciate it man!

The first time I hopped on the bike for 30 min, my heart was beating at roughly 165bpm. Last night I was holding pretty steady at 130, and hit 140 once when I pushed myself.

I'm trying to figure out the Lance Armstrong 35bpm resting and 200bpm exerting.

post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny c
I can't seem to lose any weight - I'm right around 245, 6'2" and it is a little upsetting. I've increased my cardio to 5 days a week with a max run of 5 miles at 9:30 pace, and a minimum jog of 2.5 miles at 10:00 pace. I cross train with 45 minutes of bike riding (mountain bike on the road) or dirt bike riding which is usually once on the weekends. I've been eating better and upped my cardio, yet no weight loss really. My diet is yogurt for breakfast, I eat out for lunch, dinner is small salad + non-fried meat + veggie, small dessert. No sodas, lots of water (unsweet tea for lunch). My eat out for lunch is reasonable - a salad from quiznos (no flatbread), subway, baja fresh tacos (2 chicken + black beans), or somesuch.

Anyway, my point is - if you find something that really helps then post up because I can't find anything.

You need to calculate exactly how many calories that you are eating in a day. It seems to me like you *think* that you are doing okay, but eating healthy doesn't necssarily equate to fat loss. Find out the exact calorie count, and go from there. From your description, I'd guess that you're eating upwards of 3500 calories a day. Even with 30 minutes of cardio that's upwards of 3000 calories per day. Unless you are training for a marathon, that's way to much to be losing weight.

As for cardio I find that 45 minutes of running per day first thing in the morning works best for me. 20 minutes is the absolute minimum (high intensity, which tends to be anaerobic), and anything less than 30 minutes in the burn zone is a waste of time.

I only wish I could run... I sprained my foot pretty bad a week ago Sunday, and haven't been able to lift, much less run. The weight is piling on, as my strength drops.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:27 AM
The Medium Kabuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 564826
kenny c-How does your clothes feel or when you look at yourself in the mirror?
I wouldn't always go by what a scale tells you. JMHO.
Actually, I feel much better. My clothes are a little looser, which is why I was confused by no difference on the scale. I'm just going to keep plugging away, and try to do a better job with my diet. In a month, I will be working from home and I will be able to monitor every calorie, which should help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
You need to calculate exactly how many calories that you are eating in a day. It seems to me like you *think* that you are doing okay, but eating healthy doesn't necssarily equate to fat loss. Find out the exact calorie count, and go from there. From your description, I'd guess that you're eating upwards of 3500 calories a day. Even with 30 minutes of cardio that's upwards of 3000 calories per day. Unless you are training for a marathon, that's way to much to be losing weight.

As for cardio I find that 45 minutes of running per day first thing in the morning works best for me. 20 minutes is the absolute minimum (high intensity, which tends to be anaerobic), and anything less than 30 minutes in the burn zone is a waste of time.

I only wish I could run... I sprained my foot pretty bad a week ago Sunday, and haven't been able to lift, much less run. The weight is piling on, as my strength drops.
I'm usually under 3000 calories. That's what I've been trying to focus on. When I eat out (for lunch) I try to only eat things that are listed on their nutrional page, and I usually select something around 500-700 calories. My breakfast is usually 300 calories (yogurt and a handful of cereal). My dinner is where I really don't know, but here is what I've had the last 3 nights so maybe you can tell me:

Sun night - 12oz baked chicken breast (2 6oz pieces), green beans, small spinach salad w/ eat right dressing (2 tablespoons) which is 15 calories per serving, v8 6oz drink, water, 3 oreo cookies

Mon night - 14oz pork chop (bone in), peas, same salad, water, 3 oreo cookies

Tue night - 10oz pork chop (bone in), corn, same salad, water, 3 oreos

My snack around 4pm (if I have one) is a handful of almonds/pistachos/cashews which according to the can is only 140 calories.

Quote:
Quote:
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 AM
WTF is Zed?

I shoot for 45 minutes, or 500 calories burned. Whichever comes first.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Actually, I feel much better. My clothes are a little looser, which is why I was confused by no difference on the scale. I'm just going to keep plugging away, and try to do a better job with my diet. In a month, I will be working from home and I will be able to monitor every calorie, which should help out.

I'm usually under 3000 calories. That's what I've been trying to focus on. When I eat out (for lunch) I try to only eat things that are listed on their nutrional page, and I usually select something around 500-700 calories. My breakfast is usually 300 calories (yogurt and a handful of cereal). My dinner is where I really don't know, but here is what I've had the last 3 nights so maybe you can tell me:

Sun night - 12oz baked chicken breast (2 6oz pieces), green beans, small spinach salad w/ eat right dressing (2 tablespoons) which is 15 calories per serving, v8 6oz drink, water, 3 oreo cookies

My snack around 4pm (if I have one) is a handful of almonds/pistachos/cashews which according to the can is only 140 calories.
Try doing 6 small meals. Cut the oreos..those 3 cookies negate 1 mile of running.

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:

As a 200lb muscular male, I consume about 1800-2200 calories when dieting, and am lifting 4 days a week, with 4-5 days of cardio. "Under 3000 calories" is way to vague, and if you're eating oreos after dinner, you aren't very serious about losing weight. That's not to say that you aren't allowed a cheat day to relax a little, but daily dessert has no place in a serious diet. I don't meant to sound harsh, but you aren't losing weight for a reason, which means you've got to get more introspective into the specifics of your nutrition plan. The stuff you are describing sounds awesome for maintenance, and long term healthy living, but burning fat takes a bit more self control.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:05 AM
WTF is Zed?

Quote:
As a 200lb muscular male, I consume about 1800-2200 calories when dieting, and am lifting 4 days a week, with 4-5 days of cardio. "Under 3000 calories" is way to vague, and if you're eating oreos after dinner, you aren't very serious about losing weight. That's not to say that you aren't allowed a cheat day to relax a little, but daily dessert has no place in a serious diet. I don't meant to sound harsh, but you aren't losing weight for a reason, which means you've got to get more introspective into the specifics of your nutrition plan. The stuff you are describing sounds awesome for maintenance, and long term healthy living, but burning fat takes a bit more self control.
Well said.
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:10 AM
The Medium Kabuki

Quote:
10-4

Quote:
Try doing 6 small meals. Cut the oreos..those 3 cookies negate 1 mile of running.
I doubt I can get to 6 small meals consistentaly, as I travel too much.

I can cut the dessert. The only reason I was having the oreos was because they were there which is not a good reason, but I'm also not one of those guys who lies to himself about what I eat. My goal is to get to a healthy 220. I understand my diet is going to be key to getting there. I appreciate the advice.

Quote:
Quote:
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
10-4

I doubt I can get to 6 small meals consistentaly, as I travel too much.

I can cut the dessert. The only reason I was having the oreos was because they were there which is not a good reason, but I'm also not one of those guys who lies to himself about what I eat. My goal is to get to a healthy 220. I understand my diet is going to be key to getting there. I appreciate the advice.
Its not to hard to do..you just have to try. Traveling or not its still possible.
Breakfast
Snack/Protein Bar
Lunch
Snack/Protein Bar
Dinner
Fruit/Snack

The meals are small and stuff you can take on the go.

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Its not to hard to do..you just have to try. Traveling or not its still possible.
Breakfast
Snack/Protein Bar
Lunch
Snack/Protein Bar
Dinner
Fruit/Snack

The meals are small and stuff you can take on the go.

I wouldn't reccommend fruit before bed due to the simple sugar content. Fat free cottage cheese is a much better late evening choice.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Rambling Man

I've tried the 6 small meals a day and felt incredibly bloated throughout the day. My body does better with 3 reasonable meals. I have cut back on my breakfast, and noticed an almost immediate change in the way I feel, my workout abilities, and my stamina throughout the day. I still eat that breakfast burrito, but I don't eat the tortilla. Yesterday, I just didn't feel like eating much at all, so I just had a smoothie for lunch, and a light dinner. This morning my workout took a little lighter warm up than usual, but once my motor got running it was difficult to stop, so I burned out with some ab workouts.

FUCK CANADA AND THEIR BULLSHIT WAYS
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
I've tried the 6 small meals a day and felt incredibly bloated throughout the day. My body does better with 3 reasonable meals. I have cut back on my breakfast, and noticed an almost immediate change in the way I feel, my workout abilities, and my stamina throughout the day. I still eat that breakfast burrito, but I don't eat the tortilla. Yesterday, I just didn't feel like eating much at all, so I just had a smoothie for lunch, and a light dinner. This morning my workout took a little lighter warm up than usual, but once my motor got running it was difficult to stop, so I burned out with some ab workouts.
you are going to find out sometimes it is better to eat more to lose weight. If you feel bloated doing 6 meals..you are eating to much at each meal...here is my diet EVERYDAY

7am - 1c oatmeal w/ 1c milk and 2Tbsp honey
9am - Detour bar (1/2 a big one or 1 small one)
11am - Whey protein shake (workout at 10am)
12pm - 12oz chicken breast sandwich (whole wheat/multigrain bread) and a condiment
3pm - smoothie (4strawberries, 1 banana, 1/2c pineapple, 24oz ice, 1/2c milk, 2tbsp honey)
5pm - Detour bar like above
7pm - Lean meat, veggies
10pm - EvoPro (Casein protein)

I never feel full and if Im getting late on my meals I feel hungry. Small meals is the key. The protein bars are the size of a snickers, protein shakes are 16oz milk, smoothies is big...around 32oz. Im pulling in about 2500 calories w/ 200g protein.

My bodyfat has dropped faster by eating healthy 6 meals a day over the 2 I was eating before. Your metabolism starts up with lots of carbs and keeps pumping all day long.

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:04 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Pop your bike on your trainer base and do this.

http://www.spinervals.com/index.php?...roducts_id=205

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Rambling Man

I'll give the 6 meals another try, but I was hardly eating anything for those meals. Maybe it was the content, or more sodium than I thought. How long did it take you to get used to 6 meals a day? When I did it, my eating schedule got shifted to start later in the day, as far as any hunger feelings are concerned. If I eat before I feel like eating, then I feel like a pile of goo all day.

FUCK CANADA AND THEIR BULLSHIT WAYS
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Never settle always excel

In the Army I was the nutrition NCO for my battalion and learned a few things in the Master fitness course that may help you guys out. First eat 6 times a day never get hungry, 3 small meals, 3 snacks, drinking cold water will burn calories because your body has to work to warm the water up once ingested, if you get hungry your insulin levels get wacky causing you to crave carbs, drink lots of water, 30% of calorie intake for Americans is through fluids daily, diet soda is not he answer as it screws with your insulin levels. Target you heart The Karvonen Formula is a mathematical formula that helps you determine your target heart rate zone. The formula involves using your maximum heart rate (MHR) minus your age to come up with a target heart rate range (which is a percentage of your MHR). Staying within this range will help you work most effectively during your cardio workouts. We used the Karvonen formula to determine MHR(max heart rate) in the Army. I could usually get a fat kids body fat percentage down 4-8 % in 45 days. I found the info below on a website so this is an example.

"Below is an example of the Karvonen formula for a 23 year old person with a resting heart rate of 65 beats per minute (*to get your resting heart rate, take your pulse for one full minute when you first wake up in the morning or after you've resting for a while). This formula also includes an updated calculation of maximum heart rate (the previous formula was 220 - age, which has now been shown to be inaccurate):"

206.9 - (0.67 x 23 (age)) = 191
191 - 65 (resting heart rate) = 126
126 * 65% (low end of heart rate zone) OR 85% (high end) = 82 OR 107
82 + 65 (resting heart rate) = 147
107 + 65 (rhr) = 172
The target heart rate zone for this person would be 147 to 172
rate for calorie buring and improving cardio.
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Man, I don't know. My LifeCycle gives me all I want.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

I do 40 minutes. After about 10-15, my body just goes into that mode like "this is what I'm doing" and it's not that big of a deal.
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra

That seems a bit excessive!!

post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:22 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
That seems a bit excessive!!
Hell, no. I love that shit.

I have wasted many a Sunday football afternoons watching football and spinning on the bike.

But, yea, it is a bit excessive unless you love centuries, double centuries and ironman distance triathlons.

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:30 PM
The Medium Kabuki

Quote:
Hell, no. I love that shit.

I have wasted many a Sunday football afternoons watching football and spinning on the bike.

But, yea, it is a bit excessive unless you love centuries, double centuries and ironman distance triathlons.

Good idea. I think one of my problems is that all of my jogging is in the evening instead of the morning, and putting a tv in front of an eliptical or stationary bike would possibly motivate me to workout twice a day.

Anyway, my goal is to jog a half-marathon in December (and do it in 1:59). I'm going to have to get my diet right if I'm going to achieve that goal.

Quote:
Quote:
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I still have not gotten a trainer. Saving for a damn tri bike is eating all my money up. I have done a few spin classes, and have never really felt like I got a good workout in, that and I just prefer being out side. Indoor cardio is just too boring.

02-z28
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:33 PM
The Medium Kabuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
I do 40 minutes. After about 10-15, my body just goes into that mode like "this is what I'm doing" and it's not that big of a deal.

That's the point of HIIT training (interval training). Your body goes into a conservation mode after about 5 minutes and adjusts to what you are doing. HIIT training is spurts of 1-2 minutes of harder exercise and 1-2 minutes of easy exercise.

Quote:
Quote:
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
That's the point of HIIT training (interval training). Your body goes into a conservation mode after about 5 minutes and adjusts to what you are doing. HIIT training is spurts of 1-2 minutes of harder exercise and 1-2 minutes of easy exercise.
I'll take on any HITT trainer at the Hotter Than Hell 100 in August.

post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:50 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I still have not gotten a trainer. Saving for a damn tri bike is eating all my money up. I have done a few spin classes, and have never really felt like I got a good workout in, that and I just prefer being out side. Indoor cardio is just too boring.
When it gets around Dec/Jan/Feb there is really no freakin' way I'm dealing with the weather up here.

Hell, today sucked. I started out and did about 10 miles and said fug it. Brought my happy ass home in 20+ MPH winds, setup on the trainer and popped out 2 hours while watching Full Metal Jacket for the millionth time.

post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
When it gets around Dec/Jan/Feb there is really no freakin' way I'm dealing with the weather up here.

Hell, today sucked. I started out and did about 10 miles and said fug it. Brought my happy ass home in 20+ MPH winds, setup on the trainer and popped out 2 hours while watching Full Metal Jacket for the millionth time.
yeah, I "was" going to ride today, then before loading up the bike I decided to go to the gym and run.

Are you racing in the HH100?

02-z28
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:59 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
yeah, I "was" going to ride today, then before loading up the bike I decided to go to the gym and run.

Are you racing in the HH100?
Just riding... a training ride for the Redman Iron Distance Tri in OKC on Sept. 20th. I should follow up the ride with a 10 mile run if you are game.

Got lucky this year and actually have a real house to stay at in Wichita Falls this year.

post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Just riding... a training ride for the Redman Iron Distance Tri in OKC on Sept. 20th. I should follow up the ride with a 10 mile run if you are game.

Got lucky this year and actually have a real house to stay at in Wichita Falls this year.
I still have not decided if im just riding or racing. Ill either do the 100K race or 100 mile ride. Depending if I can get my friend convinced to do the 100 mile with me, if not ill race.

10 mile run ehh, yeah I would be game. Im signed up for the PrairieMan in sept. so that would be good practice.

02-z28
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 04:24 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
diet soda is not he answer as it screws with your insulin levels.
Depends on the diet soda. Those which contain Splenda, a sugar dirivitave can elevate insulin levels somewhat however ones which have Aspartame, a chemical sweetener will not influence levels in any way and are considered a "free food" for diabetics.

post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
Depends on the diet soda. Those which contain Splenda, a sugar dirivitave can elevate insulin levels somewhat however ones which have Aspartame, a chemical sweetener will not influence levels in any way and are considered a "free food" for diabetics.
x2

<---dating a diabetic

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement