Gyms - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Gunga galunga

Gyms

What gym would you recommend... Before college I went to a small privately owned gym that I really liked, then I would use the schools gym since it was free. Both of those aren't very convenient to west fort worth so I was thinking about joining the YMCA near me?

"Apres moi le deluge"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Lifer

I would use 24 Hour. Then again I work there.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:59 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Several different gyms in the area, 24 hour fitness across the street from the mall is pretty good.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Banned

See if there are any recreational centers around you, they usually are cheap. I go to cedar hill rec, and they have everything you need, full dumbell set, etc... And it's only 40 for 3 months, and even cheaper if you get a longer membership.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Id go look for a smaller gym that has what you want. My gym has weights and cardio stuff...no basketball court or pool. Im really happy. I never have to wait on machines and its only $20/month

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Lifer

If you can find a local one, or a rec center that has everything, that's probably your best bet. If you want mainstream, I highly recommend Liftetime Fitness. All things considered, including price, they were hands down the best deal in the DFW area. I can't wait until they move into Las Vegas. Good luck, have fun and be safe.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Gunga galunga

Yeah I wish I could find something like my old gym which was owned and run by a father and son... They were always really helpful with personal training etc. and even when it was busy, people would let you rotate in on a machine. The schools' gym stayed busy and it made it hard to stick with a circuit, but it was free, and I could go after class before heading home.

They just built an LA fitness that isn't too far away, maybe it won't be that busy since its new? I don't care about pool's, spas etc. but would like a place that offers "spin" classes.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
Yeah I wish I could find something like my old gym which was owned and run by a father and son... They were always really helpful with personal training etc. and even when it was busy, people would let you rotate in on a machine. The schools' gym stayed busy and it made it hard to stick with a circuit, but it was free, and I could go after class before heading home.

They just built an LA fitness that isn't too far away, maybe it won't be that busy since its new? I don't care about pool's, spas etc. but would like a place that offers "spin" classes.
I went to LA Fitness because my company waived the $200 sign up fee... but every 3 wks it is free sign up.... at $39.99/month, its no that bad. The people are nice to, no bullshitting around
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Lifer

I joined the city rec center this year. They have everything and it is the cheapest deal going. I think it was $65 for a years membership. It isn't quite as nice as a mainstream gym but I don't need nice in a gym. Function is where its at.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Rookie

Im sure i can get you $29 a month with no sign up at LA if you really want that.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement