It's hard! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!

It's hard!

I have decided to stop drinking all drinks other than water and eating only healthy stuff! It's hard but I really need to get in better shape! Any ideas on some healthy snacks that I can have at work through out the day that is easy?
I started running and lord am I sore, but am feeling a lot better and not so tired and worn down since I stopped eating all the bad foods and fattening crap!

Greg... I know you have some ideas for me. Also need to get some kind of protein shake to take daily!
It's hard because I have girl's night twice a week and always seem to be eating out. With friends who aren't watching what they eat... it gets so tempting to give in once and once you do that it keeps happening.

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01

Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Packin' up...

I'm hard too..
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Lifer

It's called getting old...

I always snack on some beef jerky and a gallon of water out at the track.
My friends always ask me what kind of moonshine I'm drinking! lol

You just have to learn to eat healthy.
I always pick the places me and my friends go to.
Otherwise, I won't go!
*sticks nose up in the air*

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Commercial Flooring Guy

I started doing that last week. I only drink water! I have as much protien as possible via shakes and yard bird. I dont do fast food with the exception of mcdonalds grilled asian salad!

I try to cook everything vs buying it cooked, I do as little bread as possible,

Snacks. Try celery, apples, oranges, bananas, yogurt, carrots,
a tiny side salad (watch the dressing though) -

Drink more water, if you get hungry, pop a top - I carry a case of water in my car so i dont have to stop and buy water at 1.00 + a pop.

Red meat is good protien but bad for your heart and testies - (i stay away, its hard)

You have to hit it hard and stay focused! Hang around people that have the same goals as you, not people that wanna ride out to the bar all day everyday, you drink, get hungry and eat whatever..

Good luck sista
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Hired Hand

Persistence is the only thing that will make the running "easier", but in my experience it never stops being laborious. Then again, Iím a 200lb person thatís not built like a runner, you may find it to be almost enjoyable as your cardiovascular endurance builds. As for going out with friends, it becomes a simple matter of will power and making smart choices. The first obstacle to overcome is getting your friends to understand that you have a goal, and that their well intentioned attempts to get you to drink with them or eat whatever isnít what you want from them as a friend. There are healthy choices on just about every menu, you just need to learn what to look for, how to order, and know that you donít have to eat everything on your plate. Just like any other habit, experience and time make it easier to do it right.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECDOGGIE
I started doing that last week. I only drink water! I have as much protien as possible via shakes and yard bird. I dont do fast food with the exception of mcdonalds grilled asian salad!

I try to cook everything vs buying it cooked, I do as little bread as possible,

Snacks. Try celery, apples, oranges, bananas, yogurt, carrots,
a tiny side salad (watch the dressing though) -

Drink more water, if you get hungry, pop a top - I carry a case of water in my car so i dont have to stop and buy water at 1.00 + a pop.

Red meat is good protien but bad for your heart and testies - (i stay away, its hard)

You have to hit it hard and stay focused! Hang around people that have the same goals as you, not people that wanna ride out to the bar all day everyday, you drink, get hungry and eat whatever..

Good luck sista
Well I'm not big on drinking any cokes... but I am on Ice Tea!!! That's a hard one to stop drinking. I do drink water all day at work. All the ladies I work with are dieting so that helps around my office. I don't really go out drinking a whole lot so that isn't a problem. It's mainly when I'm with friends. The girls like to cook when they come for girl's night so it's normally something not so healthy and a glass of wine.

I go running every day when I get off work with my dog and have tried coming home to grill Chicken or maybe have a salad.

I don't need to loose weight, just need to get toned and eat right because I noticed that I was getting sick a lot and feeling run down and just in the last 5 days of eating really good and drinking just water and running, I have felt better. I talked my friend into doing the same thing so she will start working out with me to give me motivation... I desperately need that! Once I see results I am sure it will make me want to keep it up even more. Have to look good for summer.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Commercial Flooring Guy

The tea is not bad, sugar is .. Do the tea with out the sugar, the caffine is a natural fat burner.

Have you taken your dog to White rock lake? Thats the best place to go running with your dog, or just to hang out at the dog park (as long as your dog likes other dogs and people)
The good thing is that you cook, you choose what you put in your mouth.

I think you are on the right path. Try some free weights too, light weight and lots of reps, that will help tone you up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
Well I'm not big on drinking any cokes... but I am on Ice Tea!!! That's a hard one to stop drinking. I do drink water all day at work. All the ladies I work with are dieting so that helps around my office. I don't really go out drinking a whole lot so that isn't a problem. It's mainly when I'm with friends. The girls like to cook when they come for girl's night so it's normally something not so healthy and a glass of wine.

I go running every day when I get off work with my dog and have tried coming home to grill Chicken or maybe have a salad.

I don't need to loose weight, just need to get toned and eat right because I noticed that I was getting sick a lot and feeling run down and just in the last 5 days of eating really good and drinking just water and running, I have felt better. I talked my friend into doing the same thing so she will start working out with me to give me motivation... I desperately need that! Once I see results I am sure it will make me want to keep it up even more. Have to look good for summer.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Very Interesting

SAVE the PRINCESS!

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Rookie

Quote:

Greg... I know you have some ideas for me. Also need to get some kind of protein shake to take daily!
It's hard because I have girl's night twice a week and always seem to be eating out. With friends who aren't watching what they eat... it gets so tempting to give in once and once you do that it keeps happening.

You know i have what you need when i comes to supps. Like i said, we'll go with a low carb, low cal, protein. I have a really good women's mulit vita. in stock that's cheap also.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 08:41 PM

crystal light added to your water will help ease the switch over...

whole grain snacks. get a cereal like koshi or something similar that is whole grain, and snack on it throughout the day with dried fruit or something similar.

almond butter and some whole wheat crackers is a tasty snack and can have a decent amount of calories depending on how much you are running/burning.

i've always recommended fruits before lunchtime. that way you have more time to burn the extra sugar off.

weight watchers yogurt. cottage cheese and some crackers or fruits.

any vegetable. if you have your own fridge, buy one of those veggie trays at the beginning of the week and snack on it throughout the week. obviously want to cut out the dressing and add your own fat free if you need to.

and as usual, you cant go wrong with a lower calorie protein bar, or a shake.

If you dont have your own fridge, just carry you a cooler. i used to carry a soft cooler every day that i could fold up at the end of the day and stick in my bag. now i have my own fridge so its not a big deal, but its better to have the food right by you so that you are more likely to grab it.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 06:10 AM
I'm callin you out!

Cut back the miller lite too.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Bitter Italian

Well judging by the avatar you seem to like tapout, maybe you should try joining an actual gym.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Coupe
Cut back the miller lite too.
Dang... I did!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 AM
taco dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
I'm hard too..
LMAO!!!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Well judging by the avatar you seem to like tapout, maybe you should try joining an actual gym.
I go to 24 Hour...

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
I go to 24 Hour...
Last time I checked 24 hour had no jiu jitsu/grappling program(tapout). You would get in shape faster with that then what your doing at 24. Guaranteed!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Last time I checked 24 hour had no jiu jitsu/grappling program(tapout). You would get in shape faster with that then what your doing at 24. Guaranteed!
I never said that they did. I can't do that stuff with my bad knee. But a lot of my friends do and they are in great shape!

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:28 AM

Tube steak, it's high in protein and you get a little low carb gravy if you eat at the right pace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement