fat loss experts please - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

fat loss experts please

I am trying to loss some fat (about 5-8%) and want to pick your brain on how I am going about it. Up until the last five years or so I've been very skinny- graduated HS @ 6'2" and 135lbs (holy cow- ectomorph!), now I'm 38, 6'3" and 215lbs @ 18% body fat (gut & bitch tits). I have been lifting regularly for 2.5 years, off and on prior to that since 1989. I can add/lose muscle, but the fat seems to just add.
I want to loss fat & conserve as much muscle as possible- I seem to catabolise muscle very easily, especially w/high heart rate exercise like running and BJJ. Here is what I have started doing to address the fat:

Lifting- 3x per week- mostly building type of lifts- squats, deadlifts, clean & press, bench, pull-ups/chin-ups...etc- very little isolating types. Most days consist of 15 total sets, reps 5 (heavy days) to 12 (light days).

Cardio- 6x per week. On days I lift I do 30 minutes low heart rate (120-130 bpm) prior to lifting. On non-lifting days I vary between doing 60 minutes low heart rate (120-130 bpm) or 12-15 minutes super intense interval training.

Diet- eat 5-6 times per day, approx 3000 callories, protien intake 150-200g, watching simple carbs, pretty liberal with the fats (meats, nuts, flax/fish oil).
About a gallon of water. Too much salt!
Main problem here is I'm on the road 3-4 days/wk (shitty fast food tremptations).

My sleep patterns can also be pretty screwed up as well- varies between portions of 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift through the week, every week.

Thoughts/changes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 05:18 AM

why 3000 calories?

lower that, switch up your workout routine to 18-20 reps low weight on machines and different workouts in the free weight area.

come back in a month and see where you are at.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Scared s**tless

2,100 calories is your number... try to shoot for a 10:1 ratio of calories to body weight, and a 40% protein/40% carb/20% EFA split. . If your 3,000 cal/day number is accurate, you'd start dropping a pound or 2 a week, changing nothing but the diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I have no problem dropping weight, I can lose weight easily & quickly- most of it will be muscle however. I want to keep what little I have built & burn fat.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Also, try doing cardio in the mornings before you eat anything or after you lift, that way your blood sugar is at its lowest level and you burn more fat calories.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbak
I have no problem dropping weight, I can lose weight easily & quickly- most of it will be muscle however. I want to keep what little I have built & burn fat.
how sure are you that you are losing muscle?

Learn and live this: http://www.cutdiet.com/gameover_vol3.pdf

Lots of info and feedback about the diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3744171

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement