Supplement Bars?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Supplement Bars??

What supplement bars are you using eating and liking? Doesn't matter if it's for protein, energy, or weight gaining. Any recommended bars that aren't hard as a rock either and that don't make your jaw sore after eating them?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Crackalack!

I bought a bunch of the Pure Protein 20g bars. I bought them for just a bit over $1 a piece. They have S'Mores, double chocolate and a few others that are pretty good.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Are they real tough and really chewy?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Oooooooh-whee

I like the Detour Oatmeal bars as a pre workout bar, but I'll split them in half. Power Bar Oatmeal Raisin, Power Bar Harvest, Clif, and Kashi Crunchy are also good, but their sugar content would classify them as more of a post-workout bar.

8/16/05
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Crackalack!

The ones I bought are fairly small and aren't too tough to chew.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
I like the Detour Oatmeal bars as a pre workout bar, but I'll split them in half. Power Bar Oatmeal Raisin, Power Bar Harvest, Clif, and Kashi Crunchy are also good, but their sugar content would classify them as more of a post-workout bar.

I agree with you on the Detour bars, those are some of my favorite. I used to have half a Power Bar before a workout and half afterwards.

If anyone can suggest any fruit bars and not just chocolate then i'm all game for that.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Anyone know what I mean though about them being tough and chewy? I had one of the MET-Rx Protein plus bars and it gave my jaw a workout just trying to eat the damn thing.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Fabrique National Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Anyone know what I mean though about them being tough and chewy? I had one of the MET-Rx Protein plus bars and it gave my jaw a workout just trying to eat the damn thing.

I know exactly what you mean. I pickup up a MET-Rx Big 100 the other day and only got 3 bites in before I had a fucking headache.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Big "foot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
...Clif, and Kashi Crunchy are also good, but their sugar content would classify them as more of a post-workout bar.

Yeah, I've had those two as post-workout snacks in the last week. Very tasty, and I liked the texture. Not tough, but a good mix of crunchy and chewy.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
Yeah, I've had those two as post-workout snacks in the last week. Very tasty, and I liked the texture. Not tough, but a good mix of crunchy and chewy.
Yeah, of the Clif bars, my favorite is the Banana Nut Bread closely followed by Chocolate Almond Fudge. They're all pretty darn good. Even though the Kashi says it's crunchy, I wouldn't classify it that way. Pretty tasty as well.

8/16/05
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Lifer

Cool

The thing to watch on the bars is the sugar. Majority of them have a buttload of sugar.

-John
-2007 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement