Pre-mixed protein drinks.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Crackalack!

Pre-mixed protein drinks....

What's the best bang for the buck? I bought some Myoplex this past week that are 42g's, but those bad boys are about $2.50 each. I've done the powder before, but honestly, I'm too lazy to mix it all up (HATE the chunkies!) and would like something pre-mixed. With the rest of my diet, I think I'll only need to drink one a day, but that's still a good $20/week. Are there other options that aren't as pricey?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Lifer

I was wondering the same thing, I drank one glass of my protein powder I bought last year and that jug is sitting in my cabinet. Bleh!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 PM
You never go full retard

The easiest thing in my opinion is to measure out a pitcher full of it in a blender and let it mix for about 10 minutes. I do that once a week and it works perfect, it only takes me about a half hour to fix up enough bottles for a whole week.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hatton
I'm too lazy to mix it all up (HATE the chunkies!) and would like something pre-mixed.
How much energy does it take to mix a shake?

Also GNC or even walmart has these shakers - they have a net type deal in the cup to prevent the chunkies. (chunkies make me vomit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Very Interesting

Doug, just get you a good shaker cup, or mini blender.

I've tried a bunch of lower carb premixed, and they all end up pretty pricey. I know you don't care for lower carb, since you NEED to put on weight.

Muscle Milk is one of the better tasting, but their RTD's are still pricey.

Use www.froogle.com to find good prices. I've found 24 muscle milk RTD's for 25 bucks

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Worship me

You can get those Myoplex at Sam's for $25 for a box of 12.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Crackalack!

LOL... I like to drink one first thing in the morning and don't want to deal w/ mixing it all up... I don't fuck around in the morning! Shower, shave, and haul ass to work! I guess I could premix a bunch of them like suggested.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt66
How much energy does it take to mix a shake?

Also GNC or even walmart has these shakers - they have a net type deal in the cup to prevent the chunkies. (chunkies make me vomit)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL... I like to drink one first thing in the morning and don't want to deal w/ mixing it all up... I don't fuck around in the morning! Shower, shave, and haul ass to work! I guess I could premix a bunch of them like suggested.....
I dont think its recomended to let it settle. Im pretty sure it says to drink after it has been mixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Sir Clavin

Ergopharm GF pro is probably the most shakable one that I have ever used. Taste is average.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt66
I dont think its recomended to let it settle. Im pretty sure it says to drink after it has been mixed.

I've been mixing mine up at the beginning of each week for about 2 years now and have never had a problem. I just shake each bottle before i drink it and it's good to go.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 05:53 PM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
You can get those Myoplex at Sam's for $25 for a box of 12.
That's cool if it's the 42g packs, the ones I've seen at Sam's have all been 18-20g drinks.

And if you really want to be lazy, Froogle IDS protein tubes. They aren't cheap, but they're as easy as it gets to supplement protein.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
That's cool if it's the 42g packs, the ones I've seen at Sam's have all been 18-20g drinks.

And if you really want to be lazy, Froogle IDS protein tubes. They aren't cheap, but they're as easy as it gets to supplement protein.
They are the 42g ones, I bought some.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex

Yeah, those shots are easy to take. I wish they'd come down on the price. At the local shows i try and load up on those at their sample booth.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Crackalack!

Those are badass! The funny part is, @ 28.95 for a 12-pack, they're cheaper than what I just paid at WalMart for these 42g Myoplex shakes! I'm all about convenience, so at a fraction of the cost more, I might consider ordering some.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
They are the 42g ones, I bought some.
I'll have to keep checking, I've stopped paying attention because I've never found the 42g packs.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:27 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Those are badass! The funny part is, @ 28.95 for a 12-pack, they're cheaper than what I just paid at WalMart for these 42g Myoplex shakes! I'm all about convenience, so at a fraction of the cost more, I might consider ordering some.
Keep an eye out, I've seen a couple different online shops offer short term deals, if you order 3-4 12packs at a time. A guy I know on another site picked up 48 for about $2 a piece.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Time Served

i prefer blending but the pre mix stuff is pretty good

body fortress 12.95
8oz of milk, 1 banana, and 2scoops in the blender for like 20 seconds makes one hell of a shake
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 12:02 PM

you need to get ON brand by WHEY it tastes the best and it will last you forever but you do have to mix it with milk or water or sumtihng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement