Transformathon entrants: anyone in the Euless/bedford area that would like to train? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Transformathon entrants: anyone in the Euless/bedford area that would like to train?

I go to 24 Hour fitness off 121/Murphy. If any of you guys need some guidance and a training partner, holler. I know some are trying to add weight, other to drop. I'd be more than happy to train with whomever and help with getting to your goals.

BRIAN, THIS APPLIES TO YOU SPECIFICALLY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Baller

you gonna make them sign waivers incase of training related injury?
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
you gonna make them sign waivers incase of training related injury?
Nope, that's 24 Hour Fitness' responsibility via sign-up

PS - avoid false grip pull downs!!!

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Lifer

How much is it a month? I heard you have to sign a contract - something like $85 is due at signing and its 35 a month? Is this accurate?

I would definately prefer working at 24hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
I go to 24 Hour fitness off 121/Murphy. If any of you guys need some guidance and a training partner, holler. I know some are trying to add weight, other to drop. I'd be more than happy to train with whomever and help with getting to your goals.

BRIAN, THIS APPLIES TO YOU SPECIFICALLY!!!
I would love the advice, but the only thing holding me back right now is the fees. I'm a cheap fuck ;p

-briEn
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt66
How much is it a month? I heard you have to sign a contract - something like $85 is due at signing and its 35 a month? Is this accurate?

I would definately prefer working at 24hr.
$29 a month no contract.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 07:30 PM

if you guys want to get a membership at 24 hour, talk to lanny9e on here. he is a sales counselor and can help you.

my suggestion....go in, get the talk, tell them you are interested but the sign up fee's are too high. they will call you back a few times, just ask about the sign up fee's. around the end of the month(close out day), they will drop or waive the sign up fee's.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Packin' up...

I just called up there and the lady advised to come up there and talk to a sales counsler. She said there were startup fees though ><
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Fabrique National Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
I just called up there and the lady advised to come up there and talk to a sales counsler. She said there were startup fees though ><
But isn't your health worth it?
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon-K
But isn't your health worth it?
We have been working out at his apartment complex. They have free weights and almost everything 24hr would have but no bench press, which sucks imo, but its free. If its only $30 i think its worth it to have someone help you that has the experience, and also a bench press..

Quote:
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt66
We have been working out at his apartment complex. They have free weights and almost everything 24hr would have but no bench press, which sucks imo, but its free. If its only $30 i think its worth it to have someone help you that has the experience, and also a bench press..
I assure you, unless they have a FULL gym, once you start getting into it a typical apartment gym... machines or no... won't cut it.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
I would love the advice, but the only thing holding me back right now is the fees. I'm a cheap fuck ;p

-briEn

I talked to my sales manager and he said I could do a group rate if a couple of you guys sign up. For those that are interested PM me or just say so on here.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

TTT

This isn't a 'who's dick is bigger' thing... I want to help some others who need guidance and advice. If anyone in the area (even a bit outside) wants to come out, please PM me or post up

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Lifer

I am out of protein. Which protein sup. would you guys recomend? Im wanting to gain 10-15lbs in muscle. Should I go with a weight gainer or just a regular protein sup.?

Quote:
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Oooooooh-whee

Don, do they have visitor's passes up there? I wouldn't mind meeting up sometime to get some pointer's and maybe learn some new exercises I can do at home. Since I lift at home, I'm not really interested in a membership unless Lanny can get a group rate that's just too good to pass up.

Do we have anyone on here that works for L.A. or Gold's? Each one is about two minutes from the house. If the price was right, I'd sign up at one of those just to have it.

8/16/05
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:36 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Don,
If you can get a few guest passes I'd like to come up there once or twice (evening or weekend morning?). I won't be changing gyms (mostly b/c I'm in Arlington, not HEB) but it's always nice to lift with someone who is serious about what they're doing.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked71Bowtie
Don,
If you can get a few guest passes I'd like to come up there once or twice (evening or weekend morning?). I won't be changing gyms (mostly b/c I'm in Arlington, not HEB) but it's always nice to lift with someone who is serious about what they're doing.
Does L.A. do passes? I'd partner up with you a few times, if they do. I work in Grapevine and come home 157 to Green Oaks, so it would be on the way home.

8/16/05
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
TTT

This isn't a 'who's dick is bigger' thing... I want to help some others who need guidance and advice. If anyone in the area (even a bit outside) wants to come out, please PM me or post up
We all know you will get the short end of the stick on that contest

Don what time did you say you work out usually?

Lanny - i am interested per the info from your Pm
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:55 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
Does L.A. do passes? I'd partner up with you a few times, if they do. I work in Grapevine and come home 157 to Green Oaks, so it would be on the way home.

They probably do. I'll look into it this evening and let you know.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Worship me

I wouldn't mind joining you sometime Don. Problem is I only have the single club 24 hr. membership and the fucks want a bunch of money to upgrade. i'll have to check into it though.
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Lifer

I am going to answer as many of the questions as I can here. For anyone who wants to work out with Don (including you Al) through the end of Feb. Don can have a quest with him for free, so I would take advantage of that. On the group rate, I put in the request and should know more in the next day or 2. More than likely it will be no initiation, no processing and 29 a month for one club. The same no initiation, no processing and 39 a month for all club. I have another group that I am doing right now that I can use for those that want to join in the next day or 2 and if it makes it easier can come out to you to go over everything. If you have any specific questions give me a shout as I will be at the club all day today and tomorrow. 972-556-1316. Just ask for Jason.
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Packin' up...

Lanny for president..

When does Don's quest begin?
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Like Lanny said, you can get a guest pass for a while. I'll be more than happy to work out with anyone and if I can give pointers or show you some change ups in your routine, I'd be more than happy.

AL, I was under the impression that anyone with a 24 Hour Sport could go to any other 24 Hour Sport no hassle...

3 weeks ago I changed my chest routine, and went with a bit more advanced set of exercises. I am loving the change, since I'm developing a lot more fullness in the center pecs and already increased by original first set of reps by 2.

Stroked71bowtie, come on a weekend and do legs with me... You'll hate life afterwards, but you'd enjoy the intensity.

I'll be up at the gym around 5:30 today doing chest and triceps. Hollaaaaaaaa...

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:38 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Stroked71bowtie, come on a weekend and do legs with me... You'll hate life afterwards, but you'd enjoy the intensity.
I love leg days

I haven't had a good one in a while due to some knee pain a while ago... but you give me a day and I'm there. I think I'm booked this weekend, but what about next? (3/1/08)

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
I love leg days

I haven't had a good one in a while due to some knee pain a while ago... but you give me a day and I'm there. I think I'm booked this weekend, but what about next? (3/1/08)
Sure thing man, I'll do everything I can to make you vomit.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Lifer

I hate working leggs..

Quote:
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:58 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Sure thing man, I'll do everything I can to make you vomit.

LOL. I haven't had one of those days in probably a year and a half. On saturdays, do you usually lift in the morning?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
LOL. I haven't had one of those days in probably a year and a half. On saturdays, do you usually lift in the morning?
See, Saturday is an anomaly... My roommate and I go to the gym pretty much whenever we're both on the same page and say "yeah... let's do this" and leave. So it can vary from 11 am to 4 pm, LOL!

Let me know what's good for you and I'll be there.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
See, Saturday is an anomaly... My roommate and I go to the gym pretty much whenever we're both on the same page and say "yeah... let's do this" and leave. So it can vary from 11 am to 4 pm, LOL!

Let me know what's good for you and I'll be there.
Rock on. I'll shoot you a PM sometime next week about it.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Like Lanny said, you can get a guest pass for a while. I'll be more than happy to work out with anyone and if I can give pointers or show you some change ups in your routine, I'd be more than happy.

AL, I was under the impression that anyone with a 24 Hour Sport could go to any other 24 Hour Sport no hassle...

3 weeks ago I changed my chest routine, and went with a bit more advanced set of exercises. I am loving the change, since I'm developing a lot more fullness in the center pecs and already increased by original first set of reps by 2.

I'll be up at the gym around 5:30 today doing chest and triceps. Hollaaaaaaaa...
Don with the membership I pointed you to you can. Some sign up for a one club and have restrictions.
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 08:39 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums

Picked up a 3 day pass yesterday. Let me know if you're still interested.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Picked up a 3 day pass yesterday. Let me know if you're still interested.
Cool. I'm still interested. I've taken off work until Wednesday to paint the paneling in our living room and finish the guest bedroom I started almost a year ago. When I get this crap done, I'll get with you so we can figure something out.

8/16/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement