Protein - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Protein

Whats the rule with protein? I was talking to someone at work who works out a lot and if I remember he said youre suppose to take a certain percent of protein depending on how much body weight you have? Anything more will just pass through your system? Is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Hired Hand

1.5 to 2 grams per pound of projected body weight.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
1.5 to 2 grams per pound of projected body weight.
Thanks. Ive only been taking half of that.

Quote:
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt66
Thanks. Ive only been taking half of that.
what are your goals? that could also make a difference.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
what are your goals? that could also make a difference.
Im trying to gain some more muscle on my bones. I have probably 0% body fat. I would like to gain 10lbs or so in muscle but i know thats not going to be easy. I eat like a damn pig the majority of the time and i cant gain weight to save my life. I figured if i keep that habit, take more protein and combine it with working out something will eventually happen.

Quote:
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 01:20 PM

1.5 to 2 grams is good then. just eat like crazy and it wil happen eventualy. atleast 4000 calories. ATLEAST!

try writing down what you eat in a day. some people think they are eating a lot, but are sometimes just eating an average amount of calories.

obviously try to avoid fat food if possible and workout hardcore.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Im trying to gain some more muscle on my bones. I have probably 0% body fat. I would like to gain 10lbs or so in muscle but i know thats not going to be easy. I eat like a damn pig the majority of the time and i cant gain weight to save my life. I figured if i keep that habit, take more protein and combine it with working out something will eventually happen.
Liar. You eat like a bird. Which is probably why you are so thin....

]
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayway
Liar. You eat like a bird. Which is probably why you are so thin....
lol.. When my stomache can handle it I take advantage of it(which isnt to often) but i try.... Last week I was having 3/4 jr bacon cheesburgers from jack in the crack for lunch n dinner. Still not that much but it definately beats a bag a chip i eat for breakfast..

Quote:
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Behind Blue Eyes..

Quote:
lol.. When my stomache can handle it I take advantage of it(which isnt to often) but i try.... Last week I was having 3/4 jr bacon cheesburgers from jack in the crack for lunch n dinner. Still not that much but it definately beats a bag a chip i eat for breakfast..

dont be grubbin on the fast food greasy fat shit....have some grown man food...Sirloin steak with a loaded baked potato, with a protein shake!

CFFL
Looking forward to the road that lies ahead...We enjoy reflecting upon past roads traveled, reliving our adventures through photographs taken and stories penned...Though, it's that next road that drives us onward...that next journey...And who knows where it'll lead?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back N Black
dont be grubbin on the fast food greasy fat shit....have some grown man food...Sirloin steak with a loaded baked potato, with a protein shake!
Sweet potato over a regular potato...

ON APS Complex has 60 G of portein. I do one shake at breakfast and one after my workout but with only 1 scoop instead of 2. The rest of my protein comes from fish, chicken, or lean beef...Also 6 egg whites does some good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
SEB
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN AGGGWHOOO

Eat alot of Steak & Chicken & Tuna & drink at least 3 protein shakes a day & you will start to fill out. But watch out for you tummy cause it will come to haunt you if you don't think you will get one.

GOD BLESS TEXAS

August Landscaping
214-779-7278
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Time Served

Quote:
not trying to hate.

]
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Nobody

just like everyone else says, but up your white carbs and healthy fats, like nuts and avocados and such, your a hardgainer, i was too, im 6'4 and weighed 175, now im up to about 222, just drink a shake between meals with a couple scoops of protein powder and mix in some peanut butter and go from there, dont do any cardio, and stick with lower reps.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

geeez... I just dont know how you guys eat some much protein. Im trying to eat 1g/lb and having trouble with it. 165g is killing me. I think Im going to start adding a protein bar between classes for a 10am meal. And man...all this workout stuff is getting expensive

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
geeez... I just dont know how you guys eat some much protein. Im trying to eat 1g/lb and having trouble with it. 165g is killing me. I think Im going to start adding a protein bar between classes for a 10am meal. And man...all this workout stuff is getting expensive
It gets expensive.. I try to always drink my protein shakes. Its more of the working out part that gets me. If i dont take my protein in a while it tears my stomache up.

Quote:
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 AM
SEB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg

I just make myself eat. Here is my diet for monday through Friday & I stick to this diet to the T!

Get Up 6:00
Go Run 2 miles ( YOU DON'T NEED TO RUN) I do to keep ripped & cut & tone
Eat 2 banana's on the way to work & drink Skim Milk with ISOPURE Protein shake
Eat 2 packets of oatmeal between 8am & 9am
Eat 2 Yogarts between 9am & 11am
Eat Lunch 12pm IE: (TRY & EAT PASTA) lots of carbs & gives you enegy you need to work out
Drink 1 gallon of water though out the day.
Eat 2 BIG TEASPOONS of Peanut Butter @ 2:00
Drink ISOPURE Protein shake with skim milk
Eat 4 Hard Boiled eggs at Break 3:15
Eat 2 cut up oranges at 4:30, Great enegy you need before you workout
6:00 Go to Training & run 1 mile & then train till 8:30
9:00 I eat 1pc of chicken & some veggies at home & 6 spoons of Cottage Cheese & 2 spoons of Peanut butter.
10:30 Sleep

Now this diet is a little over the top for most people. But if you want to gain weight. I can promise you. You will pack it on if you do NO CARDIO. I do alot of cardio with runninig & training so I burn most of this off everyday.

GOD BLESS TEXAS

August Landscaping
214-779-7278
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Whats the rule with protein? I was talking to someone at work who works out a lot and if I remember he said youre suppose to take a certain percent of protein depending on how much body weight you have? Anything more will just pass through your system? Is this true?
I take whey-isolate throughout the day. and Craetin (Cray-Tin) protien at night. its a night protien that takes longer to digest so your stomach doesnt starve while you are sleeping.

sorry for partying
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by $leepyLx
I take whey-isolate throughout the day. and Craetin (Cray-Tin) protien at night. its a night protien that takes longer to digest so your stomach doesnt starve while you are sleeping.
Surely you meant "casein", which is a type of protein. There is a reason that you don't see it on the shelves near as much as whey...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Surely you meant "casein", which is a type of protein. There is a reason that you don't see it on the shelves near as much as whey...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein
watch out for those CREATIN RAGES!!! RAWR!!!

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB
I just make myself eat. Here is my diet for monday through Friday & I stick to this diet to the T!

Get Up 6:00
Go Run 2 miles ( YOU DON'T NEED TO RUN) I do to keep ripped & cut & tone
Eat 2 banana's on the way to work & drink Skim Milk with ISOPURE Protein shake
Eat 2 packets of oatmeal between 8am & 9am
Eat 2 Yogarts between 9am & 11am
Eat Lunch 12pm IE: (TRY & EAT PASTA) lots of carbs & gives you enegy you need to work out
Drink 1 gallon of water though out the day.
Eat 2 BIG TEASPOONS of Peanut Butter @ 2:00
Drink ISOPURE Protein shake with skim milk
Eat 4 Hard Boiled eggs at Break 3:15
Eat 2 cut up oranges at 4:30, Great enegy you need before you workout
6:00 Go to Training & run 1 mile & then train till 8:30
9:00 I eat 1pc of chicken & some veggies at home & 6 spoons of Cottage Cheese & 2 spoons of Peanut butter.
10:30 Sleep

Now this diet is a little over the top for most people. But if you want to gain weight. I can promise you. You will pack it on if you do NO CARDIO. I do alot of cardio with runninig & training so I burn most of this off everyday.
If i ate that much id blow up! Im only 125 pounds wet and wearing boots..
I have been trying to eat a lot more though but its hard since I answer call after call all day. Its hard to stuff your mouth when youre talking all day.

I have metabolism to thank for that...

Quote:
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:43 PM
SEB

Quote:
If i ate that much id blow up! Im only 125 pounds wet and wearing boots..
I have been trying to eat a lot more though but its hard since I answer call after call all day. Its hard to stuff your mouth when youre talking all day.

I have metabolism to thank for that...

If you want to gain weight. Its pretty simple. YOU HAVE TO EAT!

I work customer Service all day. I am on a call while I type this right now.

GOD BLESS TEXAS

August Landscaping
214-779-7278
Sponsored Links
Advertisement