pulled muscle - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

pulled muscle

man, not sure what i did wrong lifting, but pulled the muscle between my shoulder blades really bad. If i try to move my head to look up or down, its excruciating pain. And if i lay in bed and try to totally relax that muscle, it cramps up and starts to spasm really bad. Fuck it hurts. Whats the best way to get it back to normal? Should i try to slowly work through it lifting small weights or is it just rest until it gets better. I was thinking about maybe going to a sports medicine massage place to see if that helps.

2002 4.6L 5 spd. S281

So fast, I make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Time Served

i would try resting it for a week and drink alot of protein during that period and try to work it in slowly and still get lots of protein......if your still in pain you might want to get it checked out

2001 White GT
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Gun Nut- Got Lead?

rest, rest, rest. No harm in the massage.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 PM

muscle strain

1. Rest, topical analgesic (Bengay), ibuprofen 800 mg TID for 3 days, plenty of water. Heating pad three times a day to trapezius.

2. If can see a physician: add diazepam to the above regimen. You should feel better after a week. If not further workup is required.

DOC
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 11:33 PM

Not trying to worry anyone but i had something very simular happen to me. I was doing dips at the gym one day and had a sharp pain in my upper back/neck. It kinda went away for a while but by the end of the day i couldnt move my head. Went to the doctor a few days after and ended up having a collapsed disk and severly pinched nerve. I dont think it was from the dips, but the excercise aggrivated it really bad. Take these guys advice and rest for a few days. If it doesnt get better in a few days, see a doctor. Dont wait too long suffering. Now i get cervical epidural shots in my neck every few months while i wait to see if it will heal at all, trying to avoid surgery. Take it easy and I hope you feel better real soon.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thanks for the tips guys. I put a heating pad on it all weekend and took aleve and did some light streching. It felt almost completely better by sunday nite. I quit doing all of it yesterday since it felt better and then this morning getting out of bed, i pulled it again, Dammit. I guess i should stick to the resting a bit longer, man i hate that, makes me feel so worthless

2002 4.6L 5 spd. S281

So fast, I make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales
Sponsored Links
Advertisement