What Supplements.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
With the T-Tops off

What Supplements....

I work out regularly and try to watch what I eat, but I was looking into to using some supplements and was wondering what supplements/stackers you guys use or have had experience with and what you thought of them. Thanks for any advice given.

Nut'n but Twisted Steel and Sex Appeal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 02:25 PM
get8ch

what are you trying to do?

do you want to build muscle or cut up

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
With the T-Tops off

Well for the most part I am trying to do both, but I guess if I to pick one it would cut up.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 11:33 PM
Lifer

Try animal stak from universal nutrition \

-John
-2007 Mustang GT
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 08:51 AM
get8ch

Quote:
Originally posted by Tha50Kid
Well for the most part I am trying to do both, but I guess if I to pick one it would cut up.
Its better to do one or the other

If you want to cut, find a ECA like Xenedrine or Hydroxycut
Do lots of cardio
Good diet> high protien, low carbs, and watch your calorie intake

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:41 AM
badassjeep91

If I was you, I would get on the muscletech stack. It consists of Hydroxycut, Cell-tech, and Nitro-tech. I love it and have seen some good gains in my last couple of months of training. A good diet and cardio is the key. Its good to have a partner to motivate you to.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 03:58 PM

ok dude, you are just throwing your money down the drain....Hydroxycut and Cell-tech will basically cancel each other out....

Kelly
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 03:49 PM

If u want to get a lil bigger i took a cycle of some 19-NOR andro and gained about 9 lbs. off of it. Im on this new shit called 1-AD and its probably one of the best andros u can find. Its about 70 bucks but the shit works really well.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 05:13 PM

IMO if you are gonna get on andro, you might as well take the real stuff, and how long have you been working out and how intense??
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 01:27 PM
Hired Hand

You can do both (gain lean mass/lose bodyfat), but much more important than supplements to do so is a clean diet with the proper macronutrient ratio and the right amount of calories. As trite as it is, you are what you eat and without proper nutrition you will be just treading water and wasting you money on supplements. Your best friend should be protien and you have to lean how to manipulate carbs in an effort to keep your metaboliosm up and you muscles full of glycogen without excess that will turn to fat.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 07:35 AM
Saved

I'm just now getting back into the fitness scene, I am paying a trainer, who does not work for the gym, and he tells me that a good diet, a thermogenic supp, and pyruvate (sp) will give you a 5-7% body fat loss in the first month, and 2-3% in the 2nd month, Just what I've been told, I've done some reading and everything I read says that Pyruvate increases the fat loss by anywhere from 30-48% over a thermogenic alone. I'm starting it as of this morning. I'll let you know in a month how it turns out.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 01:41 PM
Hired Hand

Hmm, hadn't heard about Pyruvate. I'll hafta check it out, my diet starts next week.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 02:52 PM
Lifer

Pyruvate is a great for body fat loss but only works in latter stages, It is very expensive, but does work.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 06:01 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkPony
Pyruvate is a great for body fat loss but only works in latter stages, It is very expensive, but does work.
Are you saying I'm fat?!

heh

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:43 AM
Saved

Actually I have now lost 16 lbs, and am only in my third week, my body fat has gone from 27% to 24% in that time period and My energy levels are up to what I had 10 years ago. So my goal for a 5% body fat reduction in the first month are well in hand. I know it seems like a drastic loss, but then I used to have a 8% body fat at 208 lbs and ran 18-20 miles a week. If I get down to 15% body fat and hold at 225 or so, I will be a very happy man.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 05:52 AM
badassjeep91

Quote:
TEXWS6 ok dude, you are just throwing your money down the drain....Hydroxycut and Cell-tech will basically cancel each other out....

I happen to disagree with that statement, Hydroxycut and Cell-tech have been proven to be more effective when takin together. The muscletech stack is one, if not the best, supplement stack on the market today.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 08:05 AM
Sir Clavin

Winstrol.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:17 AM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by [CS]ls1haha
Winstrol.

Hahahaha!...Um....No!......bad bad winny.....bad bad....
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:30 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by badassjeep91

I happen to disagree with that statement, Hydroxycut and Cell-tech have been proven to be more effective when takin together. The muscletech stack is one, if not the best, supplement stack on the market today.
I dunno where you get your info from, but one of the most effective ingredients in Cell Tech is creatine while one of the most effective stimulants in Hydroxycut is caffiene which has been proven to negate creatine's ability to increase muscular volume and strength through water retention and increased muscle phosphocreatine. Use them together and you are literally pissing your money away on the Cell Tech. You are better off dieting first and eating the same amount of protien powder and save the Cell Tech for when you are ready to up calories, water intake, and rest time.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:39 PM

take what as much as of what ever you can get your hands on, more is better! works for me!
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by bully1027
take what as much as of what ever you can get your hands on, more is better! works for me!
Not in all cases...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:58 PM

a friend of mine worked at GNC so i was supplied with protein bars, creating and vitamins in abundance for at least 6 months, i gained more muscular weight in that 6 months than ever before, so as your comment goes "not in all cases" but in mine it worked and i was sharing my experiences with him! thank you.

did i see your pics posted up any where??????
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 01:25 PM
Hired Hand

The simple fact is that caffiene has been medically proven to negate the effects of creatine. I agree with you statement as long as all the supplements are geared to the same goal, either gaining lean mass or losing bodyfat. Trying to both at the same time is possible, but ALOT harder to do effectively and efficiently. Take it one goal at a time and progress is alot more satisfying and motivated and you are less likely to "tread water".

As for pics I don't really have any on the PC other than the month I was GC2s "stang stud" (link below), with pics from a couple years ago, but no pose-downs or anything like that. I've been lifting for a little over 7 years and weigh in at 197lbs at 5'10" and am currently dieting for summer in an effort to get down to about 190 and 8% bodyfat.

Stang Stud Feature

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement