weighed in and ready for my meet tomorrow... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

weighed in and ready for my meet tomorrow...

i weighed 153.8 as of 8 am wednesday. At weigh in tonight, i was 146.0 with the jeans on. nice little cut for a 30 hour period.

i pre-set my dead lift weights for my class: open 385, 420, 440. depending on my first 2, i might go 450 on the last lift.

belt only, no suits... it's a raw meet. wish me luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Mexican Crew

you the guy fighting Mayweather this weekend or what?

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Lifer

Good luck! Is this a dead lift only meet?

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Lifer

Cool you're down to my weight now. The only difference is I could prolly only lift a third of that
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Lifer

I dont know what the fuck you're getting at.

But good luck.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Don't forget the chalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Rookie

Deadlift only? A suit doesnt do shit for deadlift anyway.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Painting Your House

A meet? Doesn't this go in the GTG forum?
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Bitter Italian

But you'd armbar him with the quickness.

good luck don, I'm sure you'll do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso
Cool you're down to my weight now. The only difference is I could prolly only lift a third of that
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Worship me

Good luck Don, now try to eat enough to get back to 160 or so!!!
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 09:15 AM
SEB
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN AGGGWHOOO

WAY TO GO DON. Good Luck bro.

GOD BLESS TEXAS

August Landscaping
214-779-7278
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:08 AM
yes, jluv

They wear suits to lift weights now? What's next - wrestling in a tux?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:42 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Good luck Don. Don't bust a hernia. For inspiration here is Ronnie Coleman deadlifting 800lbs.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 12:10 PM
tex
Lifer

Good luck, Don!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Hired Hand

If they'll let you wear your headphones, you're golden.

Git'er dun.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Deadlift only? A suit doesnt do shit for deadlift anyway.
suits help you get the weight off the ground a lot faster, they increase tension and compression in the shoulders and lower back as well, i.e. assisting with lockout. Just like a shirt for bench, you can gain some pounds in your lifts with one, no question.

http://www.irongladiators.com/index....ent=fusion.cfm
http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MAXDL

and yes Aaron, I will be wearing my Ipod

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
suits help you get the weight off the ground a lot faster, they increase tension and compression in the shoulders and lower back as well, i.e. assisting with lockout. Just like a shirt for bench, you can gain some pounds in your lifts with one, no question.

http://www.irongladiators.com/index....ent=fusion.cfm
http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MAXDL

and yes Aaron, I will be wearing my Ipod

yeah, yeah, off the ground is about it they dont do anything for lockout. Try lifting with one some time. Nothing like using a bench shirt.

Next time you have a meet let me know i'd would have done this one or at least wanted to watch.....

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
yeah, yeah, off the ground is about it they dont do anything for lockout. Try lifting with one some time. Nothing like using a bench shirt.

Next time you have a meet let me know i'd would have done this one or at least wanted to watch.....
Inzer's claims to assist with lockout due to their design. I don't really care, I won't use one.

Thanks for the props... if the 420lb comes up strong enough, I'll go 450 on the final.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Baller

They make deadlift shirts as well...and i agree that you can't compare a suit to a shirt.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

OK, to make a long story short...

I pulled 385, 420 without a problem. I went with 445 on my last lift. I pulled it up smooth, locked it out, the judge gave me the hand motion to lower the weight, and I was ecstatic. 445 came up so quick, I realized I shoulda done 455 or 460. I was happy as hell.

As I was going up to shake hands with some of the guys after the deadlift was over, one of the guys says "bummer about your 445, I thought it was good." I was like, "what bummer?" Apparently, I got red-lit on my 445! It had been almost an HOUR and I thought I had pulled it!!! I got very pissed, very fast. I went hunting for the judges and, lo and behold, the judge that did the lights (red or green) had already left! I found the side judge and asked why I missed my last lift, I locked it clean.

"you locked it out, then when you pulled your shoulders back, your knees bent a bit I THINK"... I about came unglued. Apparently, I can have the lift locked out , but when I put my shoulders back I MIGHT have bent my knees... the judge that made the call was gone.

At any rate, I won the 148 division with the 420 It's pretty bitter sweet though, I FEEL AS THOUGH I should have a standing 445, but the person I want to grill was nowhere to be found. If he thinks me knees bent "A BIT" like the other judge, why did he give me the "OK" to lower the weight? If it's true (considering I had 6 other people that watched saying I locked that shit out ) then I will adjust my form accordingly to no longer lock out my shoulders... apparently standing up is enough I am still upset. Oh well.

So much for being short-winded.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Rookie

Nice job, it could have been a few things. The knees being one. He'll tell you to lower the weight after you lockout wether you made a clean lift or not. You're not going to stand there all day with the weight. Sounds like the front judge gave you a white light anyways. (green in this case)
You could have also hitched. Sometimes you dont even realize that you hitch to get a heavy weight up.

It's your first little meet, and you got 1st. Dont let the little things bother you. You now know you can lift the weight so that is a GOOD missed attempt.

Do you remember what the 181's and 198's were pulling?

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

I didn't hitch, it came up smooth and quick, in about 2 seconds. No exaggeration. if I knew I could pull 445 that easy, I would have had to decide between 455 or 460. He says it MIGHT be knees, but the light judge was nowhere to be found

If I fucked up, whatever... I'll find out why and fix it. For one judge to say I locked it out and THEN MIGHT HAVE bent my knees... but the judge that made the ruling LEFT... I am incensed. Very very mad.

low 500s in the 181, i topped all the 165s, low 600s in the 198, my trainer took top honors with 745

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I didn't hitch, it came up smooth and quick, in about 2 seconds. No exaggeration. if I knew I could pull 445 that easy, I would have had to decide between 455 or 460. He says it MIGHT be knees, but the light judge was nowhere to be found

If I fucked up, whatever... I'll find out why and fix it. For one judge to say I locked it out and THEN MIGHT HAVE bent my knees... but the judge that made the ruling LEFT... I am incensed. Very very mad.

low 500s in the 181, i topped all the 165s, low 600s in the 198, my trainer took top honors with 745

Well, the other judge saw something. Was there not 3 judges? I've never heard of 2 judges. If there was 3 then you did something wrong for the 2 on the sides to both see it.
I wish you would of told me about this thing! You know deadlift is my favorite lift.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Factory Issue

Good Luck, Bro!

Dammit man! I can't believe I beat you at the punching game!

Give me a dollar.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Old school 4-eye'd

that is a bunch of crap, they did that to a few guys last night.

I couldn't see your legs, I wasn't on the the front row an you are two short for me to see over everyone and be able to see that low. I saw them reg lighting guys that made a very clean lift and then the judge calling it good. You lifted it quick, there is no doubt that you can do it, and do more. Just BS on the asshole judge.

It was the short one, wasn't it?

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Baller

Quote:
OK, to make a long story short...

I pulled 385, 420 without a problem. I went with 445 on my last lift. I pulled it up smooth, locked it out, the judge gave me the hand motion to lower the weight, and I was ecstatic. 445 came up so quick, I realized I shoulda done 455 or 460. I was happy as hell.

As I was going up to shake hands with some of the guys after the deadlift was over, one of the guys says "bummer about your 445, I thought it was good." I was like, "what bummer?" Apparently, I got red-lit on my 445! It had been almost an HOUR and I thought I had pulled it!!! I got very pissed, very fast. I went hunting for the judges and, lo and behold, the judge that did the lights (red or green) had already left! I found the side judge and asked why I missed my last lift, I locked it clean.

"you locked it out, then when you pulled your shoulders back, your knees bent a bit I THINK"... I about came unglued. Apparently, I can have the lift locked out , but when I put my shoulders back I MIGHT have bent my knees... the judge that made the call was gone.

At any rate, I won the 148 division with the 420 It's pretty bitter sweet though, I FEEL AS THOUGH I should have a standing 445, but the person I want to grill was nowhere to be found. If he thinks me knees bent "A BIT" like the other judge, why did he give me the "OK" to lower the weight? If it's true (considering I had 6 other people that watched saying I locked that shit out ) then I will adjust my form accordingly to no longer lock out my shoulders... apparently standing up is enough I am still upset. Oh well.

So much for being short-winded.
Welcome to powerlifting

You can't watch yourself lift...so you can't really tell what you did wrong. That's why you have to just trust the judges...and hope they don't have a friend lifting...

on a side note....that's not a bad DL for a 148er. Now just practice your smoothness.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
Welcome to powerlifting

You can't watch yourself lift...so you can't really tell what you did wrong. That's why you have to just trust the judges...and hope they don't have a friend lifting...

on a side note....that's not a bad DL for a 148er. Now just practice your smoothness.
Well, there's video. I am going to get to see it tonight. So we shall see

On a side note, I was pretty happy with myself, all things considered. I've been seriously dead lifting since late August or September, so I think I am progressing well. I could have done 455 or 460 with ease, that 445 came up fast.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement