Possibly looking for a full set of equipment. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Possibly looking for a full set of equipment.

Any of you guys know where i could find a used set of equipment? Looking for a full set of cybex or hammerstrength or whatever. Used. Cheap. Whatever.

Got a couple of ideas im throwing around, and might go through with it to start the new year off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Lifer

I got a real nice setup that I might consider selling...
Around 500lbs in plates, 3 sets of dumbells up to 65's(I think).
It's a pretty nice setup, low pulley, upper pulley, dip bar, leg extension, preacher curl, pull up bar, pec dec, and this one you do not have to place the plates on the machine for the pulleys(it has a 200lb stack).
It gets the job done!

I'll try to get pics and also a price if you are interested.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
tex
Lifer

I think he's talking about a line health club style machines, Hammerstrength type stuff, not for a home gym.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Baller

Wantin to start your own gym?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
Wantin to start your own gym?
considering it. found a perfect location for an affordable price. seems to be a prefect setup for a decent size 'studio'. i've been doing in home training for quite a while now, and have plenty of knowledge and a decent client base. Just trying to see what my start up cost is going to be on flooring, misc. hardware, weights, computer system, etc.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
considering it. found a perfect location for an affordable price. seems to be a prefect setup for a decent size 'studio'. i've been doing in home training for quite a while now, and have plenty of knowledge and a decent client base. Just trying to see what my start up cost is going to be on flooring, misc. hardware, weights, computer system, etc.

I've been saving some money to do this also. Of coarse i'll do a business loan also after i pay a couple bills. If you do it let me know how much it cost you to get going....

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

Quote:
gonna give dfwstangers a discount?

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
I've been saving some money to do this also. Of coarse i'll do a business loan also after i pay a couple bills. If you do it let me know how much it cost you to get going....
after doing some research on it, and finding some used equipment, looks like the floors are going to be one of the most expensive things.

i've figured it can easily be done under $10,000 start up. Probably closer to 7 or 8,000. Floors/walls are going to be one of the more expensive parts of the deal. Weights can easily be found on craigslist and ebay for real cheap. I've got a desktop and a membership type program is pretty cheap(under $100). Other than that, its just going to be misc. purchases.

Still trying to decide. May wait another 6 months or so, but now is the perfect time to start something like that with the new year coming around. I just have a lot going on, and am in the process of getting my car dealers license as well.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
gonna give dfwstangers a discount?
always.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 05:09 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Any of you guys know where i could find a used set of equipment? Looking for a full set of cybex or hammerstrength or whatever. Used. Cheap. Whatever.

Got a couple of ideas im throwing around, and might go through with it to start the new year off.

Is a smith machine too big for what you're looking for? I got a buddy moving in a few weeks that's looking to get rid of one.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Is a smith machine too big for what you're looking for? I got a buddy moving in a few weeks that's looking to get rid of one.
that will be one of the pieces i will be looking for.

get him to send me some pics and a price.

[email protected]
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
after doing some research on it, and finding some used equipment, looks like the floors are going to be one of the most expensive things.

i've figured it can easily be done under $10,000 start up. Probably closer to 7 or 8,000. Floors/walls are going to be one of the more expensive parts of the deal. Weights can easily be found on craigslist and ebay for real cheap. I've got a desktop and a membership type program is pretty cheap(under $100). Other than that, its just going to be misc. purchases.

Still trying to decide. May wait another 6 months or so, but now is the perfect time to start something like that with the new year coming around. I just have a lot going on, and am in the process of getting my car dealers license as well.

Damn, i think we're thinking about 2 different things here. I was thinking more like $80,000 to start a small gym. The dumbells alone would be more than a few thousand dollars. Hell, one hammer strength machine is over $1,000.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Damn, i think we're thinking about 2 different things here. I was thinking more like $80,000 to start a small gym. The dumbells alone would be more than a few thousand dollars. Hell, one hammer strength machine is over $1,000.
if you notice i said a 'studio'. more of a personal training studio. i use more medicine balls, stretching, light weight exercises on a ball for stability more than anything.

a small gym is going to cost a LOT more than what I am looking at. Plus, the building that I am looking at only has about 1200sq/ft of space. Not a lot of room for a full line of smith machines.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
if you notice i said a 'studio'. more of a personal training studio. i use more medicine balls, stretching, light weight exercises on a ball for stability more than anything.

a small gym is going to cost a LOT more than what I am looking at. Plus, the building that I am looking at only has about 1200sq/ft of space. Not a lot of room for a full line of smith machines.

Oh, i see. Im really wanting to open a "hardcore" small gym like Texas Gym.
Good luck man. I saw i site that had some recycled flooring. I dont remember the site but you can search for the recycled stuff.
I'd like to check out your place if you ever open and if you come across a full line of used stuff let now please.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, i see. Im really wanting to open a "hardcore" small gym like Texas Gym.
Good luck man. I saw i site that had some recycled flooring. I dont remember the site but you can search for the recycled stuff.
I'd like to check out your place if you ever open and if you come across a full line of used stuff let now please.
will do. im going to talk to the bank and my family on monday and see what they think about my plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement