Need help/advice getting started - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out
Need help/advice getting started

I need some advice with getting pointed in the right direction as to how to lose some weight.
Currently I'm at 318lbs on a 6'1" stocky broad shouldered build, with most of my fat mass located in the middle (size 46 pants)
I have no clue what body fat % I am, all I know is that I look down and see fat, plain and simple. I'd like to get down to around 205lbs.
A big chunk of my 318lbs is muscle mass, however, especially in my legs and shoulders.
I would like to lose as much fat as possible, and gain more muscle mass in certain places, mainly upper body (triceps, lats, back).
Here's my delima: I work in an environment where I don't have a way/chance to eat at the same time every day, and usually it's whatever's quickest (i.e. fast food). Also, I DO NOT eat vegetables beyond green beans and potatoes. No salad, no veggies, period.
Also, I work 11+ hours a day on my feet, and only have 2 days off to do any serious working out besides riding a bike in the evenings and going to the on-site gym at my apartments.

Would I be better off concentrating on loosing the weight first, then building up muscle mass, or should I do both at the same time?

The only diet that has ever worked for me was Adkins, but it's too expensive and bland for me.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

"So don't blame me when Little Eric jumps off of the terrace, you shoulda been watchin' him...apparently you ain't parents...." -eminem-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetIllegal473
I need some advice with getting pointed in the right direction as to how to lose some weight.
A big chunk of my 318lbs is muscle mass, however, especially in my legs and shoulders.
Here's my delima: I work in an environment where I don't have a way/chance to eat at the same time every day, and usually it's whatever's quickest (i.e. fast food).
Also, I DO NOT eat vegetables beyond green beans and potatoes. No salad, no veggies, period. Also, I work 11+ hours a day on my feet, and only have 2 days off to do any serious working out besides riding a bike in the evenings and going to the on-site gym at my apartments.

Chances are, a surprisingly small "chunk" of your weight is muscle.

Bring your lunch. High protien, low carbs and as little fat as you can get away with. Spread your daily intake out through 4 or 5 meals (of 4-500 calories each)

There are plenty of healthy(ish) meals to be found on the run, try the grilled chicken sandwich at mcdonalds, no mayo, cheap and easy.

Oh, and stop making excuses. You'll only impede/ halt your progress. It took a lot of overeating and lethargy to get you where you are today (most likely) and it will take a lot of conscious effort and hard work to get you where you want to be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement