Nice payday - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Nice payday

US Open Triathlon was held today in Dallas (swim in Joe Pool, bike from Joe Pool to Renunion, run two laps around Reunion).

Dude named Greg Bennett from Australia has been smoking the series winning the first four events. He won this one as well and pocketed 420K for his efforts today (60K for the win, 300K super bonus for winning all of them, 60K for the series point win). Pretty good elite field as well but those damn aussies are freakin' fast.

Funny thing was the pro men started at 7:30am and the age groupers (the rest of us) had a time trial start starting at around 8:00am where they'd let 4 people go every 10 seconds and then they did it all again with the sprint race. By the time the last sprint racer was out of the water... Greg had already won the event.

Also some blind dude set the world record for blind athletes in an olympic distance triathlon (had a guide swimmer tied to him, tandem bike and a guide runner tied to him). I'm not sure of his exact time but he was under 2:00 which puts in into the elite age group category of seeing people. Pretty damn impressive.

Ate enough hydrilla in Joe Pool Lake that I won't have to eat all day.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
US Open Triathlon was held today in Dallas (swim in Joe Pool, bike from Joe Pool to Renunion, run two laps around Reunion).

Dude named Greg Bennett from Australia has been smoking the series winning the first four events. He won this one as well and pocketed 420K for his efforts today (60K for the win, 300K super bonus for winning all of them, 60K for the series point win). Pretty good elite field as well but those damn aussies are freakin' fast.

Funny thing was the pro men started at 7:30am and the age groupers (the rest of us) had a time trial start starting at around 8:00am where they'd let 4 people go every 10 seconds and then they did it all again with the sprint race. By the time the last sprint racer was out of the water... Greg had already won the event.

Also some blind dude set the world record for blind athletes in an olympic distance triathlon (had a guide swimmer tied to him, tandem bike and a guide runner tied to him). I'm not sure of his exact time but he was under 2:00 which puts in into the elite age group category of seeing people. Pretty damn impressive.

Ate enough hydrilla in Joe Pool Lake that I won't have to eat all day.
how about guys with bum knees?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
how about guys with bum knees?
Did see a dude out there with a knee brace that looked like it could keep the Empire State Building stable.

Rest it up, ice it down, pop some NSAIDs and see an ortho. You'll be back in no time.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement