Training in earnest has begun. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Training in earnest has begun.

Well I have tried to get my crap in one bag for awhile but have allowed any number of things to sidetrack me and used them as excuses. I have been going to the gym for a couple of weeks now and following through. So here is where I am now. What are realistic expectations for Jan 06, 2008 (don't ask)?

Height 5ft 8in
Current Weight 163
Body Fat 17.2 (disgusting)

I have been working with a trainer and am focused on overall strength and endurance; size is of no concern to me. My diet has greatly improved over the past few weeks as well. Drinking a gallon of water a day, no sodas of anykind, sugar free Red Bulls for the mornings, lots of chicken, smoothies for breakfast, chicken for lunch, and chicken for dinner (steak once a week).

Current 3mile runtime is 24:00 (give or take 30sec).
Current max pullups is 5 (disgusting).
Current max crunches in 2min, 100 (I used to finish before the 1:30 mark).

That is what a Marine Corps PFT consists of, I would like to have this improve greatly. If the Marine Corps considers those events as a good test of overall fitness that is good enough for me.

Any tips pointers etc would be great. I know I need to supplement as I am very picky and don't eat green vegetables hardly ever. I do have fish from time to time but am being told that I should supplement fish oils or some shit like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Scared s**tless

fish has cholesterol, but goddamn it is delicious.

get the 5-6 meal thing going down, track your calories to the meal, etc.

visit this site to see some real determination... www.johnstonefitness.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Hired Hand

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcluke
Well I have tried to get my crap in one bag for awhile but have allowed any number of things to sidetrack me and used them as excuses. I have been going to the gym for a couple of weeks now and following through. So here is where I am now. What are realistic expectations for Jan 06, 2008 (don't ask)?

Height 5ft 8in
Current Weight 163

I have been working with a trainer and am focused on overall strength and endurance; size is of no concern to me. My diet has greatly improved over the past few weeks as well. Drinking a gallon of water a day, no sodas of anykind, sugar free Red Bulls for the mornings, lots of chicken, smoothies for breakfast, chicken for lunch, and chicken for dinner (steak once a week).

That is what a Marine Corps PFT consists of, I would like to have this improve greatly. If the Marine Corps considers those events as a good test of overall fitness that is good enough for me.

Any tips pointers etc would be great. I know I need to supplement as I am very picky and don't eat green vegetables hardly ever. I do have fish from time to time but am being told that I should supplement fish oils or some shit like that.
thats like 3rd class pft
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Baller

Quote:

Height 5ft 8in
Current Weight 163

You should be able to nearly triple those pull-ups, drop at least 10 solid pounds. That is assuming you're not using a trainer at a chain gym (24hr, LA, etc)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven

LMAO!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 01:29 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:

Height 5ft 8in
Current Weight 163

Our SSgt made us do nothing but lat pull downs, push ups, and 3 different types of curls to get our pull-up count to go up.... even though it sucked, it seemed to work.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
thats like 3rd class pft
It was pitiful . I really let myself down but things are getting better. Don't forget I get the old man minute too!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Our SSgt made us do nothing but lat pull downs, push ups, and 3 different types of curls to get our pull-up count to go up.... even though it sucked, it seemed to work.

I'd think that doing more pull-ups would get that count up...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Lifer

"Well I guess the Corps doesn't get theirs today...."
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Wolverines!!!

So how's progress? Someone has to keep you honest

Im working on rebuilding my pullups back to 20...always was a bitch for me
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Colorado Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
fish has cholesterol, but goddamn it is delicious.

get the 5-6 meal thing going down, track your calories to the meal, etc.

visit this site to see some real determination... www.johnstonefitness.com
Thanks for that link Don.. That site is really informative.

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement