Not getting sore....? WORKOUT/WEIGHTLOSS UPDATE - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Not getting sore....? WORKOUT/WEIGHTLOSS UPDATE

Just got back from the gym, I keep on getting asked why I work out the same mucle everyother day and why im not sore and I need to add weight and what not.

I Need some more opinons on this.

But to start I will give the run down and a update.

Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller
Well I have lost 90 pounds since Jan by eating right and mostly cardio while throwing in some weights here and there. There have been times throughout the year, like now, where Iíve taken off for weeks and not worked out nor ate right.

Well Iím about to hit it again and I would like to meet my goal of 100-105 pounds lost by the end of the year. This should be easily doable as long as I stick to it and not get too carried away with all the Holiday parties coming up.

I have a large chest right now and would like to concentrate on making it smaller or defined. There more man boobs then muscle right now and I would like to get rid of them. The next thing is my stomach, even though I have allot of skin there I would still like to loose weight and gain muscle there. The least thing Iím worried about right now is my arms and legs. I still want to work my arms out but Iím not looking to gain muscle real quick until after I have worked out my chest. I would like to gain as much muscle in these areas while maintaining or loosing weight.

For working out I have a set or dumbbells 5-40 #ís, an Olympic size weight bench with all the proper weights and bars, Stationary bike and a workout station with a bunch of miscellanies workouts.

I would like for someone to help me with a workout plan to achieve my described goals above, along with a diet plan if needed, unless I just keep to eating right.

Right now I weigh in at 193-197 and started my diet at 285-289 at the beginning of Jan. Iíve dropped from a 44Ē waist to a 36Ē and from filling a XXL shirt to a M or L.

Any help I would greatly appreciate.

By the way I have done all this with no diet plan nor additives/pills. But if I must take supplements to help me out I will greatly consider them.
As of 11-25-2006 Posted above till now,
I went back up to 210 in a matter of months (4-5) and not doing much. I ran and did weights, more cardio than anything. But my body is so use to doing cardio that isnt doing anything for me. I even tried two adays. The lowest Ive been sence my plateue is 195#, Now I hover between 195-202#'s doing strickly weights and then some cardio after. Been doing this for about a month, two if you count my warm up, to the workout and have noticed a big difference.

Now, what you want to hear and to get to the point.

As of around August, After I figuered my body wasnt doing anything while doing cardio for 6 months anymore, I started focusing on weights. Training, getting to know forms and styles of working out and just getting use to it.
Nothing was really being used for after supplements.
Didnt really know how much they actauly affect you.
I did this for about a month and worked on building my chest/traps/shoulders one day and tri/bi/back the other. This was all doing low weight to work on form and lots of reps, keeping it to about 25 per rep. Not so focused on legs yet (I was close to 300#'s).

Now Ive been intorduced to Muscel Milk, after about two weeks of taking that Ive noticed a difference and ordered more supplements to help me out including Animal Pak, Hot-Rox, NO-Xplode and Muscel Milk at night after work out.

I work out about 6 nights a week, each muscle group 3 times a week. Mixing up the work outs and what I actauly do. Same schedual stated above. Still no legs plan to start soon. I work out with about five differnt guys that go to my gym and they help me out, All built and older who know what they are doing. At this point I have started building/supersetting both high, low and max weight.

My plans are to get back down to 185-190#'s Solid.

..............Any info and help I would apreciate............

To my question though,
Now that im doing weights I dont get sore as though I should? Is what im told. Ive never really been sore/sore since I've actauly started 2-3years ago. Like I said above I would out with sevral ppl including body builders and they all have diff opinions. Ive worked out to the point where I could not lift the bar off my chest sevral times. But I just feel like I can do it again the next day. I work out usauly two hrs at a time if not more.

Is this hurting me working out the same muscel every other day?
If I feel like I can do it, would it hurt to work out the same muscle 2 days in a row?

For ur info on some stats I got from the trainer up there who has taken my measurments, Think this is the body fat of each

BI
Before: 16
After: 6

TRI
Before: 16
After: 13

SUBSCAP
Before: 25
After: 23

LLIAC
Before: 27
After: 26

These were taken a month in, w/no supplments and the before was taken at the beggining of the summer maybe early May. Just doing the little bit I have done I think I have made great inprovements. Ive been taking my own body measurments and they are looking better.

THANKS FOR READING MY BOOK IF U GOT THIS FAR

93 Mustang: Stock w/Vortech S-Trim
I drive a car that looks fast but seems to be slow...
But traction would help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Hired Hand

Getting all the cardio is great, but take a serious look at your diet if you've hit a plateau. Write EVERYTHING down, from ounces of liquid to squirts of ketchup. All those little things add up.

You not getting sore has me questioning your intensity, and hitting each muscle group 3 times per week isn't doing much in terms of muscle atrophy. Drop back the quantity of lifts, and up the intensity. You should be hitting it heavy enough and hard enough to necessitate only one workout per bodypart per week. Doing one or two sets to what you consider failure isn't gonna make you sore, you've gotta hammer thiose muscles throughout the entire workout. If you aren't leaving the gym exhausted, you didn't workout near hard enough.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Scared s**tless

First of all, you work out too much. Go heavy once a week and light once a week on all muscle groups. Your muscles need to time to heal so that muscle growth (read: growth = repair) can take place to it's fullest potential.

Also, your body needs calories to maintain itself. If you are busting your ass doing cardio, and not losing weight, then you are either not eating enough or eating too much. What is your typical caloric intake, and can you break it down to grams of protein/carbs/fat for me? As for the 'hump', they're typical. I had the same problem: I went from 159 to 144ish with a quickness... in about 5 weeks. I started a maintenance diet to help me do some bodybuilding. I kept around 146lbs for a month doing a bunch of basic beginner's weight lifting stuff, but I still dropped an inch off the waist. After about 5-6 weeks, my weight finally started creeping up as I gained muscle like it should. However, with NO DIETARY CHANGES (maintaining a set calorie and macro-nutrient ratio), I gained about 2 lbs of fat over the past 4 weeks.

Is that an issue? Not really, I can lose it and will lose more. BUT! I know what happened. It is a testament to your body adapting to a routine. Routines need to be shaken up so that you have to continue to physically and physiologically adapt as well. Another thing is that as your body changes... adding muscle and purging fat... your caloric requirements change. Just a simple adaptation of diet can oftentimes get you over your humps. Example: you take in 3,000 calories a day. You find out that 1100 is protein, 1400 is carbohydrates, and 500 is fats (half of which are sat. fats). Just changing the diet around to 1400 protein/1100 carbs/500 fats (90%+ being EFA) will start to produce some very desireable results in body fat % and they way you look in the mirror. cut 200-300 calories out (preferrably the carbs) and your body will have to adapt.

As for me, I am going to shake up my cardio, and I am going into another cutting phase with a solid carb-calorie deficit until November 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Scared s**tless

damn it Aaron, you beat me as I was typing

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Hired Hand

Also, don't focus too heavily on the scale as a measure of progress. A perfect example being the 8 week diet I recently went on. I cleaned up my calorie sources, and started jogging a couple times a week. Being more focused on visible changes and poundages in the gym, I didn't concern myself with body weight after the initial weigh-in. About 6 weeks into it I was happy at how my stomach was tightening up, nothing monumental, but strength was up too. I got on the scale was 4lbs HEAVIER than when I started. That's right, I went on a diet and gained 4lbs. Body weight-minded people might consider that a failure, but the mirror says somethign different.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
damn it Aaron, you beat me as I was typing
Slow poke.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Scared s**tless

well, I wrote a novel. Oh well.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I dont think the workout part is not long enough or exhausted, i have done servral diff workouts with diff people and they put me through hell. I even think my own work out can be pretty intense.

No matter what they always include atleast 3-4 but sometimes more depending on how much time I have, workouts per muscle, 4 sets including a burnout for each workout, and 10-25+reps per set depending on how much weight and the way im going about the workout that night. I also tend to superset so im doing twice as much.

I walk out sore. But the next night I dont feel anything.

As for now, for eating,
Usauly a shake in the morning,
Fish, tuna, chicken for lunch,
Somtimes another shake,
Usauly another type of meet at night and thats it,

I dont eat junk food,
Dont eat Fast food for sure,
I dont drink coke and havent for a long time,

The only things I drink now are water, cranberry juice, grapefruite juice and sometimes orange juice but not often.

93 Mustang: Stock w/Vortech S-Trim
I drive a car that looks fast but seems to be slow...
But traction would help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement