Need adivce for a workout plan for the mother... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
I hate ghetto niggers

Need adivce for a workout plan for the mother...

Ok, My mom is really fucked up. Not mentally, just physically. I hope she doesn't see this post but she weighs over 300. She's 43 and has so many things wrong with her. She has diabetes, she just had surgery to get her skin cancer and a tumor removed. They say she is only going to live for another 8 years at the rate she is going. And come on... this is my mom. I don't want that to happen. So I am wanting any advice from anyone to get her healthy and TRY (LOL) to get her skinny like she was when she was 18. Please, leave all the smart ass comments and stupid shit out. I'm not really in the mood for any of it. Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Lifer

make sure her diet is well balanced and try to get her on an exercise bicycle. Low impact and she can do it while she's hanging around the house watching tv.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
I hate ghetto niggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
make sure her diet is well balanced and try to get her on an exercise bicycle. Low impact and she can do it while she's hanging around the house watching tv.
What about a Treadmill? Or is that to much?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCid
What about a Treadmill? Or is that to much?
it depends on her. Walking on a treadmill is fine IF she will do it, but being older and heavy, her knees / ankles/feet are likely to bother her. The chances are better on a bicycle that it won't bother her as much. Either way there will be an adjustment period.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
I hate ghetto niggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
it depends on her. Walking on a treadmill is fine IF she will do it, but being older and heavy, her knees / ankles/feet are likely to bother her. The chances are better on a bicycle that it won't bother her as much. Either way there will be an adjustment period.
So, just sticking with eating right and doing the bicycle thing every day is good. But for how long?

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Lifer

depends on what she can do. Let her do it for 15 minutes to see how she feels. If she can go farther, then do so. As her body acclimates itself to being active, she will be able to go farther.

Eventually, I'd look for 45min-1hour of low intensity exercise.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 05:40 PM

Diet is key right now. Just walking around the block everday is probably more than she does right now. Diet and increase her activity as her body will tolerate.

Don't starve her but remove the sugars and reduce the fat intake.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Rookie

Water Arobics.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Time Served

The latest discoveries in diet are far beyond what we have known in the past. For your mom, getting her diabetes under excellent control is the first step. Learning about the "nano technology" recently discovered in food is KEY! Buy the book Super Foods RX. Learn the material. Become expert on what healthy nutrition is and you will be able to rehabilitate your mom into a person running on "race gas"! She will feel great, she will be fighting disease. You never know, she may get her diabetes under control so well that she may be able to care for herself with diet alone and be free from any meds or insulin!

Walking is also KEY! She should start wherever she is, even if that is to the mailbox out on the property or something, working up to 30 minutes a day.

Walking will not only have great physical results, but it helps in the secretion of endorphins or "happy juice" that makes people feel great. She will begin building muscle and her metabolism will increase. Walking is also FREE!

Best of luck to your mom and remember, A Journey Begins with a Single Step!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 AM

Lap band and exercise.

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 08:39 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Dude, I'm being very serious here...

Given your mom's situation DO NOT take any advice off this board. Motivate her to seek professional help with people experienced with obesity and diabetes.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Still #1 ASSHOLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Dude, I'm being very serious here...

Given your mom's situation DO NOT take any advice off this board. Motivate her to seek professional help with people experienced with obesity and diabetes.

^ I'm with this guy, not saying that the general info given here couldn't help out with her situation. I just would go the route said above if you are truely serious about getting your mother help.

R.I.P.
Kori Leigh Fillingham
11-20-01

Always loved
&
Never Forgotten
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Time Served

Yes, everything I wrote is under the assumption that your mom is supervised by a doctor....that was what you wrote in your original inquiry.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Time Served

mom

Does your mother have health insurance? If yes, she should schedule a conference for a doctor to discuss a a lap band or gastric bypass surgery. My wife went through the same thing. She had type II diabetes and was way overweight. She has now been declared cured of the diabetes and no longer has to take any medication for it. She has also lost about 165 lbs. She had the bypass. The lap band is much less invasive and will give the same results. One of her co-workers had the lap band done and has had similar results. If you want more info. PM me. I will get you some contact information.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Insane In The Membrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by injectedpony
^ I'm with this guy, not saying that the general info given here couldn't help out with her situation. I just would go the route said above if you are truely serious about getting your mother help.
+3

On a mission for commission
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 05:04 PM
JPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCid
Ok, My mom is really fucked up. Not mentally, just physically. I hope she doesn't see this post but she weighs over 300. She's 43 and ....
Sorry but I didn't get past the age. Damn, I feel old!

JPS 29 and holding.....forever!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 05:09 PM

http://www.lapbandinformation.com/

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Hired Hand

If she's allowed herself to get to be 300lbs, the most imortant thing she will need is the internal desire to change. You can want what's best for her all that oyu can, but she is the one who will hav to be willing to change her dietary habits and stick to an exercise program. Much like conquering a drug addiction, she has to really want chenge for anyone to effectively be able to help her.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement