1 Month till the Texas Cup... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
1 Month till the Texas Cup...

Training for my second meet at the moment.
The Texas Cup is one of the biggest powerlifting meets around so the competition will be tough.
I've been trying to bulk up to 200lbs so i can come in at the 198 this time and not 189. haha
My goals for this one are...

Squat: 515
Bench: 420
Deadlift: 600

Anyone else going to be there or have friends competing?

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
That's kick ass for your weight. Years ago I went to a competition to support a friend. We were in the Marines back in 1989 and he competed in an event on Homestead AFB. He weighed about 205 and had:

400 bench
585 deadlift
620 squat

That's a 1605 total which is pretty damn amazing. You're not too far off of that.

Good luck.
03trubluGT is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 10:41 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Shorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gone
Posts: 7,886
I might show. Texas Cup is a bad attitudes gym fest though.
Shorty is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
I might show. Texas Cup is a bad attitudes gym fest though.

I've been wanting to check that gym out since i work in Carrollton. Still havent gone by there.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Here you go Don....

http://005673a.netsolhost.com/APF_20...TRY__FLYER.htm

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 05:26 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Shorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gone
Posts: 7,886
also I hope Pendergrass has some better spotters. In Houston it was a bunch of 140 lb kids that were useless. Guy had to dump a 9xx lb squat.
Shorty is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Go Rangers!!
 
SVTNorthTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Training for my second meet at the moment.
The Texas Cup is one of the biggest powerlifting meets around so the competition will be tough.
I've been trying to bulk up to 200lbs so i can come in at the 198 this time and not 189. haha
My goals for this one are...

Squat: 515
Bench: 420
Deadlift: 600

Anyone else going to be there or have friends competing?

That's awesome. Good luck to you.

Hey here's a question for you? I work out 3-4 times a week but due to my extremly high metabolism I cannot seem to gain an bulk or weight.

Any suggestions?

I eat smaller meals usually about 5 times day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Holy shit, well it's official, I am fuckin gay!
SVTNorthTexas is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTNorthTexas
Hey here's a question for you? I work out 3-4 times a week but due to my extremly high metabolism I cannot seem to gain an bulk or weight.

Any suggestions?

I eat smaller meals usually about 5 times day.

Eat bigger meals 8 times a day.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Eat bigger meals 8 times a day.
yup. buy the cheaper protein powder and bust off a 2 scooper at every meal with fat-free milk. take Uni-liver tabs, 12 a day, and eateateateateateat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
good luck greg...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTNorthTexas
That's awesome. Good luck to you.

Hey here's a question for you? I work out 3-4 times a week but due to my extremly high metabolism I cannot seem to gain an bulk or weight.

Any suggestions?

I eat smaller meals usually about 5 times day.
I have the gift of the metabolism also. When bulking like right now. I Up my breakfast to 6 donuts and take 2 shakes a day and not just 1. Low fat milk Don? haha I drink the real shit, you know the red cap.
I just eat a lot more fatty foods, do no cardio, and eat all day. A big pot of red beans makes for a good all day snack.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Large Member
 
Mr. Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Terrell
Posts: 2,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
I have the gift of the metabolism also. When bulking like right now. I Up my breakfast to 6 donuts and take 2 shakes a day and not just 1. Low fat milk Don? haha I drink the real shit, you know the red cap.
I just eat a lot more fatty foods, do no cardio, and eat all day. A big pot of red beans makes for a good all day snack.

You should trade those 6 donuts for some eggs and oatmeal...
Mr. Smith is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
I have the gift of the metabolism also. When bulking like right now. I Up my breakfast to 6 donuts and take 2 shakes a day and not just 1. Low fat milk Don? haha I drink the real shit, you know the red cap.
I just eat a lot more fatty foods, do no cardio, and eat all day. A big pot of red beans makes for a good all day snack.

I'm just the opposite, that makes me fat just reading it.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
I'm just the opposite, that makes me fat just reading it.

You have help elsewhere. Im sure it's easy for you to put on weight for bulking and you probably dont have 6" wrist and 8" ankles either. However, harder for you to cut like us with the metab....

I'll take what i have, you give a little to get a little i guess.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome