Progress Thread... New shit... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Progress Thread... New shit...

Well, I've started working out/dieting. This is more of a suggestion thread and such. You may see something completely out of line, feel free to advise me other wise.... This is basically off word of mouth and a very little experience of my own. But here we go.

Sept 3rd:
212lbs... Sunday night last fat ass meal of 2 double cheese burgers, fries and a sweet tea.

Started this morning with protein. My goal weight is 180lbs and body fat in single digits. After speaking with a trainer "Martial arts/body builder" He advises me that for every pound I'm wanting to be at, I need to take a gram of protien daily. I start my morning with 2 eggs and roughly 60 grams of protien via shakes. ACK. Been awhile.. LMAO.... I maintain a similar diet this first week, three 50-60 gram "shakes " Daily. Start the day off with a couple eggs, various other low fat, high protein meals... ALOT of grilled or baked chicken...

I also start working out at a local gym. I only have three days available to work out so I do legs/back on mondays, "pull" upper body on tuesdays including hammer curls, supination and pronation curls with a few other similar exercises. I also include about 100-200 crunches, just depending on how I feel. Then on thursday I do "push" upper body stuff such as Incline bench, decline bench, flat bench, as well as multiple positions of flys on those benches. Some shoulder/neck work as well.

Now I know this isn't a PRO work out or anything. It's just kinda sitting down with the guy that trains my general manager for a few minutes and throwing together a work out.

Sept 10th: ( the first monday weigh in )

Damn man... I'm fucking 201lbs! Didn't expect that shit so quickly! Although very sore * i'm doing highest weight possible without failure, 3 sets of ten on EVERYTHING * I feel great, firmer to the touch, even a tad more energetic. At this point i've dropped everything unhealthy including diet sodas... Minus ciggs... 8 year habit still kicking my ass.. I'm also starting to play tennis. Talk about a burn. I play on my "off" days. No work out, go play tenis for about 2 hours... You'll feel a burn if you're trying and playing per rules.

This week I am struggling a little bit with the weights, same weights, still sore, kinda rough being my first week back in. I still do at MINIMUM the previous weeks weight plus a little if I can at the same 3x10 set/rep count. I wonder if on this coming monday I'll have the same drastic weight loss?

This will be continued and eventually, I'll post my before pic.... It's not pretty... Fat/hairy mofo

If you see anything I should/or shouldn't be doing, feel free to correct me. I'm doing this to get healthy and look better both.

Thanks Guys!

Last edited by crazycarguy03; 09-14-2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Had to correct the dates... had sundays instead of mondays and I weigh in mondays....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Hired Hand

It looks like you're off to a pretty good start. Going from double cheeseburgers to chicken is going to make the biggest changes, but your workout looks to be sufficient to tone you up a bit as well. The diet looks good, but I'd suggest cutting down on the whole eggs, up the amount of whites and ditch most of the yolks, as the yolks contain all of the staurated fat and cholesterol. Little tweaks like that will be integral in getting into the single digits, unless you want to be doung cardio 5 days a week.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I'll start seperating them. Realistically, I just want to get to 180ish and then start getting nazi about getting my body fat down... I'd like to hit stage next year * i'm a guitarist for a popular rock band in my area * and not be worried about being shirtless on stage etc etc. If I look good no matter what the body fat percentage is at 180 which i think as long as I keep pounding my upper body pretty hard I shouldn't loose as much size as I will just cut the fat off. The actual technicalities aren't so important to me as long as I get my self confidence back and turn myself into a bit of a looker ;p I'm not afraid to admit it haha.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarguy03
The actual technicalities aren't so important to me as long as I get my self confidence back and turn myself into a bit of a looker ;p I'm not afraid to admit it haha.

There is an entire industry built on the aesthetic aspect of health and nutrition, no need to be shy about it. When you you think about it, the pros do some pretty unhealthy things in the name of symmetry and visual appearance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trading fast food for whole foods, not matterwhat your end goal is. If you keep eating clean you probably won't get to a point of needing to be a "nazi" about it, maintaining a lean physique isn't all that difficulty when your diet is in check. Just be patient, and keep pluggin' away.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Well hell... man boobs look like shit with nipple rings... LMAO You said no need to be shy! lmfao. Speaking of which, it's about time to hit the shake and the gym! Woooooooo. Keep the ideas coming if anyone else has any.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Well hell... man boobs look like shit with nipple rings... LMAO You said no need to be shy! lmfao. Speaking of which, it's about time to hit the shake and the gym! Woooooooo. Keep the ideas coming if anyone else has any.
quit being a hooker and cut cut cut!!! how many meals are you eating a day? when is your first and last meal in relation to your sleeping habits? when do you work out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

LoL Don. My meals are 8 am 60 grams protein w/2 eggs, Noonish chicken/or something similar and another 60 grams of protein, and then roughly 7:30ish with my last batch of 60 grams protein and another meal similar to lunch. I work out Mondays, tuesdays and thursdays with something like tennis or running on weds and fridays... I take the fucking weekend off.... lol Eat the same way, just sit on my ass if I get the chance.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
LoL Don. My meals are 8 am 60 grams protein w/2 eggs, Noonish chicken/or something similar and another 60 grams of protein, and then roughly 7:30ish with my last batch of 60 grams protein and another meal similar to lunch. I work out Mondays, tuesdays and thursdays with something like tennis or running on weds and fridays... I take the fucking weekend off.... lol Eat the same way, just sit on my ass if I get the chance.
eating 5-6 meals a day can help a bunch. it'll let your metabolism stay up all day long, keeps you from getting hunger pangs, gives you energy all day, etc. basically your body will always have something to use. for 5 meals/day, I would break the lunch and dinner shakes in half: make a 30g protein shake snack happen around 10 am and 3 pm. with your body getting a constant source of calories, it won't slow the metabolism down and will be more willing to use up energy stores (fat)

On the weekends, cut the protein down some. On non-workout days you need to be sure you are creating a deficit. 10:1 is a great ratio to use. If you are currently 200 pounds, take in 2,000 calories MAX. I would recommend that you chart out your off days since they are important: you don't have any way to dispose of those calories sitting on your ass playing Xbox I tracked my eating down to the calorie for a month, and got to where I was within 80 calories of my target without charting. LOL, you'll start looking at food and dissecting it nutrition-wise in your head. "How much is a strawberry, but much is half a serving of peanut butter, how much is one slice of whole wheat..."

On another note, holmes, I would personally just to jog 3 miles or ride my bike an hour on off days. Also, if you want that shirt off on stage, start doing ab workouts 3 times a week. It only takes 10 minutes, I do them before my chest day, back/biceps and on one off day.

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

I currently injest * including protein * roughly 1400-1800 calories a day... Remember, i went from 313 to 202 this morning before my shit and shower! LOL. Calorie counting is no problem for me... You aughta see me in the grociery store... I assemble theoretic sandwiches while shopping! Bread is XX calories, plus a slice of 50 cal cheese, 45 calories of turkey... so on and so forth... Mustard aka 0 calorie has become my friend! MUAHAHA!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Oops. What particularly do you do for abs? I'm currently doing 150 crunches 2-3 times weekly between exercises...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Oops. What particularly do you do for abs? I'm currently doing 150 crunches 2-3 times weekly between exercises...
I personally do sit-ups at my gym on the sit-up bench, and twists.

60 x 1
60 horizontal twists with an 8' pole behind my head... while my abs are completely loaded. Lean back until you feel your abs taking all of the effort to keep you from falling back (mid-sit up I guess you'd say) and go. Twist side-to-side until you are at around 45* and go the other way.
40 x 1
40 x 1 twists
30 x 1
30 x 1 twists
20 x 1
20 x 1 twists

then I do pull ups with my legs crossed at the ankle, and out in front of me. this alone has led to a lot of definition in my lower abdominal. I only do 3 sets of 15, but I do them slow and steady: don't drop back down. the negative side will make your lats and abs scream because you'll have to tighten up hard to keep those legs out front.

If you can bust up the eating and get that 5 meals/day going, you'll more than likely lose weight more efficiently esp at the point you 'peak'... your body will get through it faster.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Well g-damn... I'll have to work my ass up to that... Jeeze * feels like total lard ass... * Pull ups are a no go... at least at the moment I have tendonitis in my right elbow and pulling my fat ass up once or twice puts me in a shit ton of pain... I'm current just doing as much as I can handle in dumb bell curls to work strength back into my right arm.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Two weeks in... Still being a weak ass... Oh well.... Making Progress....

First progress Pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	progresspic.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	79713  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Hired Hand

That gym would make me feel clausterphobic as hell...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement