Cutting out cokes,but now i gots ta pee all the time. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Cutting out cokes,but now i gots ta pee all the time.

Ok, im trying to cut out Softdrinks from my diet...I normally drank between 3-4 12 or 20 oz cokes/dr peppers a day along with a glass or two of water..Now im trying to drink nothing but water. My problem is that now that im drinking water instead of softdrinks I am peeing 5x's more often. Im drinking the same ammount of liquids, so I dont understand why I have to pee all the time now....Any ideas.
Trying to get out of the habbit of drinking so many cokes. IM sure thats what is slowing down my progress in the gym..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Out

Carbonated drinks are diuretics. You were dehydrating yourself when soda consumption > water consumption.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Out

BTW, your urinary habits will balance out once your body is used to you not having sodas anymore. I went from 12-14 Dr Peppers a day to zero. Quit cold turkey. I drank slightly less than that of water and I couldn't stay out of the bathroom. I'm now drinking a few Diet Cokes a day, but still a lot of water and as time passes, I can tell my body adapting.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
BTW, your urinary habits will balance out once your body is used to you not having sodas anymore. I went from 12-14 Dr Peppers a day to zero. Quit cold turkey. I drank slightly less than that of water and I couldn't stay out of the bathroom. I'm now drinking a few Diet Cokes a day, but still a lot of water and as time passes, I can tell my body adapting.
12-14! Damn! Did you loose much weight when you quit drinking?
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
12-14! Damn! Did you loose much weight when you quit drinking?
Ya, there's a couple of threads about it. I lost almost 30 pounds since June.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:40 AM
My Boy!

your body retains a certain amount of water per the number of carbs you are taking in. If oyu dripped sodas for water then you are dropping carbs which will make your body release the extra water you were hanging on to for those carbs that you now are not taking in any more.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
your body retains a certain amount of water per the number of carbs you are taking in. If oyu dripped sodas for water then you are dropping carbs which will make your body release the extra water you were hanging on to for those carbs that you now are not taking in any more.
That Makes sense...I have noticed that I dont seem as "puffy"
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
There have been days where 12-14 DP's were easily consumed, My normal intake was At least 1-2 at home then 2-3 at work. There have been weeks where I have had nothing But Cokes/Dr Peppers with NO WATER AT ALL.
I bought a gallon water last night and drank the whole thing during the night at work(10hrs). I pee'd right before I left work and by the time I got home not even 5 miles away I felt like I was going to explode..
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Lifer

I just had a kidney stone removed monday from the same dp habbit , but now im gaining weight because I guess im craving something and the food is now taking its place , I was also told that the kidney stone was causing me to retain water?

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90dfw
There have been days where 12-14 DP's were easily consumed, My normal intake was At least 1-2 at home then 2-3 at work. There have been weeks where I have had nothing But Cokes/Dr Peppers with NO WATER AT ALL.
I bought a gallon water last night and drank the whole thing during the night at work(10hrs). I pee'd right before I left work and by the time I got home not even 5 miles away I felt like I was going to explode..
There was a point where I had not had a drink of anything other than Dr Pepper for over 6 months.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Time Served

Quote:
There was a point where I had not had a drink of anything other than Dr Pepper for over 6 months.
That makes my kidneys hurt just thinking about it!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott442
That makes my kidneys hurt just thinking about it!
I still have yet to have kidney problems, though... go figure.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:11 AM
mannish boy

Quote:
Denny? that's just fucking disgusting... seriously
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
Denny? that's just fucking disgusting... seriously
LOL... of all the things that could gross you out.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I've never been a Dr. Pepper fan. I've never been a Crown Royal fan.

Then one day a friend offered me a Dr. Pepper and Crown. It was actually a nice combination. I still don't drink Dr. Pepper alone or Crown with anything else but I will occasionally have a Crown and Dr. Pepper when I'm out.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Time Served

Sound slike Forrest Gump. "I had me about 16 Dr.pepper's". now that you cut soda try cutting fried foods that combination gets you great results alone.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDCobra
Sound slike Forrest Gump. "I had me about 16 Dr.pepper's". now that you cut soda try cutting fried foods that combination gets you great results alone.
Just about there, bro... right after this bag of tortilla chips!
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

When you are drinking enough water your body has no need to retain it, so you pee more. If you are drinking sodas all the time you were dehydrated and retaining all the water that you you could hold on to.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Owned!!

Quote:
Ok, im trying to cut out Softdrinks from my diet...I normally drank between 3-4 12 or 20 oz cokes/dr peppers a day along with a glass or two of water..Now im trying to drink nothing but water. My problem is that now that im drinking water instead of softdrinks I am peeing 5x's more often. Im drinking the same ammount of liquids, so I dont understand why I have to pee all the time now....Any ideas.
Trying to get out of the habbit of drinking so many cokes. IM sure thats what is slowing down my progress in the gym..
whats up Hector? just lay off the bean burritos and you will be good to go lol

www.myspace.com/dmoney86
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Diuretics increase the bodies tendency to urinate. Which can sometimes lead to dehydration. If he's peeing more now that he doesn't drink soft drinks anymore, how does soda being a diuretic explain this guy's problem that this threads about?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

His problem has nothing to do with sodas being diuretics. The only reason they would even be considered so is due to caffeine. They don't even have that much.

Coca Cola- 34mg
Diet Coke- 45.6 mg

Good ole black coffee- 200mg

He is urinating more because he is better hydrated

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
His problem has nothing to do with sodas being diuretics. The only reason they would even be considered so is due to caffeine. They don't even have that much.

Coca Cola- 34mg
Diet Coke- 45.6 mg

Good ole black coffee- 200mg

He is urinating more because he is better hydrated

OK! Now that makes sense... Ol' Dr. Pepper man had me thrown for a loop there, some people just lack the reason that propels throught processes into a state that mildly resembles fact.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLXHB302
some people just lack the reason that propels throught processes into a state that mildly resembles fact.
qft.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Secular Dogooderist

what's qft?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLXHB302
what's qft?

"quoted for truth" I was agreeing

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

i went through the same thing when I cut cokes mostly out of my diet as well.

it gets better after a while.

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

So in the last three days I have drank nothing but water (2 gal of ozarka to be exact) I have the "caffene" headaches, and I feel like shit. Bout to just say fuck it and go back to drinking cokes,or at least tea.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 04:31 AM
We lost one.....

Just get some caffine tabs to deal with the withdrawls/headache
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 06:56 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
So in the last three days I have drank nothing but water (2 gal of ozarka to be exact) I have the "caffene" headaches, and I feel like shit. Bout to just say fuck it and go back to drinking cokes,or at least tea.
Give it 7 days, 90dfw, if you are trying to purge your body of caffeine. You'll be over all the symptoms by then. If you are just trying to cut out the carbonated drinks switch over to a tea without sugar and honey and all the other crap. Or like Mychael101 and pop a pill or half a pill.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Out

Quote:
I lost my caffine headaches after about 72 hours and the craving for DP after about 4-5 days.
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 09:52 PM
We lost one.....

Wish I was one of the 50% of people that don't experince caffine withdrawls.
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 10:02 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

Quote:
Ya, there's a couple of threads about it. I lost almost 30 pounds since June.
Damn. 12-14/day???? thats a lot of cokes lol.

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Gunga galunga

I've tried quiting cokes all together several times... With the only caffeinated drink being ice tea or green tea with a little honey.

I never felt any true "withdraws" but I can only make it a couple or months before relapsing You do pee a lot more for the first week or so, then it balances out to normal. When I was off cokes I would have 2 one liter aquafina bottles because they have the large opening that you can fit ice cubes in if needed. I would freeze one, and have the other in the refrigerator. The frozen one would be partially melted by the time I finished the first one, then I could just add water to the frozen one through out the day. I would probably drink 3 liters a day that way.

"Apres moi le deluge"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement