Max numbers: where is everyone at right now? - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Max numbers: where is everyone at right now?

I went in and had a pretty heavy leg day today. Hack squats suck, I hate them. Did 145 x 12, 235 x 10, 315 x 6. We finished with leg press and getting a solid max rep. I started at 16 wheels after warm-up and stacked weight 2 wheels per side til we were at 25 wheels + 150 lb. sled, knees to the chest... I am a bit pissed, if I knew we were at 1,185 I would have thrown a 25 plate on top to give me 1,2xx (CORRECTION: press sled is 180, so I did 1,215 )

bench: 230
deadlift: 325 (going for 365+ tomorrow)
squat: 315 on 08/15... this should change next leg day, I did 6 x 315 on hack today so I conservatively assume 340+
leg press: 1,215

where's the big boys at? For 149 lbs and just over 2 solid months in, I think I am doing pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.

Last edited by DON SVO; 09-09-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: corrected weight on sled
DON SVO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
More than you.


oh, lb for lb the strongest mother fucker on here!!!!!!!

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
More than you.


oh, lb for lb the strongest mother fucker on here!!!!!!!
I'm comin' after you, bitch! HP per liter!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
 
post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 03:00 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
I went in and had a pretty heavy leg day today. Hack squats suck, I hate them. Did 145 x 12, 235 x 10, 315 x 6. We finished with leg press and getting a solid max rep. I started at 16 wheels after warm-up and stacked weight 2 wheels per side til we were at 25 wheels + 150 lb. sled, knees to the chest... I am a bit pissed, if I knew we were at 1,185 I would have thrown a 25 plate on top to give me 1,2xx.

bench: 230
deadlift: 325 (going for 365+ tomorrow)
squat: 315 on 08/15... this should change next leg day, I did 6 x 315 on hack today so I conservatively assume 340+
leg press: 1,185

where's the big boys at? For 149 lbs and just over 2 solid months in, I think I am doing pretty good.
I was like wow! good job leg press then i saw your bench, what do you weigh??
WFO347 is offline  
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Good job Don, keep on keepin' on. I haven't done a one rep max in a couple years now, but for work sets I'm up to 315 for 5 on bench, 495 for 8 on squats, and 225 for 5 on military press. II'm dieting at the moment tp get back under 10%, and hopefully I can do so without too big of a dip in strength.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO347
I was like wow! good job leg press then i saw your bench, what do you weigh??
I posted it in the last line, I weigh 149 currently.

Also, the gym owner told me last night that the press we were using has a 180 pound sled, so I did 1,215 I am happy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
I posted it in the last line, I weigh 149 currently.

Also, the gym owner told me last night that the press we were using has a 180 pound sled, so I did 1,215 I am happy now.

And you squat 315? I'd like to see this leg press...

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
And you squat 315? I'd like to see this leg press...
On squat I am probably closer to high 300s right now, Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Lifer
 
5111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
I'm up to 315 for 5 on bench,
A 400+ max is just around the corner. Keep working it!

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
5111 is offline  
post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
i have no clue, last max on bench was 425, but the heavy weights really fucks up my golf swing so i dont really lift much...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #11 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Lifer
 
5111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,298
I haven't been in the gym much for the past several months, but last November I lifted 405x3 on bench and 315x2 on incline.

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
5111 is offline  
post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Lifer
 
93powerranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NRH
Posts: 1,294
How big are you guys doing the 400 bench. I am at 350 and weigh about 185. I dont lift serious anymore and how many of you use shirts and all that other stuff. Never have, probably never will. But I do love to snort CHALK...it seems lately it helps alot.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
93powerranger is offline  
post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
We are talking free weights right? We all know people who will put 500 lbs on the bodymaster machine press and tell everyone that he can bench 500 lbs.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
We are talking free weights right? We all know people who will put 500 lbs on the bodymaster machine press and tell everyone that he can bench 500 lbs.



Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: drrty south
Posts: 4,003
I still only bench low 300's (been there for 4yrs now) haha. I don't do free weights for legs, so I don't know a max there. And I don't believe in maxing on a leg press. Incline is around 285. I rarely max out, and have been focusing on muscle groups that aren't generally maxed on anyways.

I've recently been running much more and trying to get my 40 time in the low 4.5 range if not lower. It's currently a low 4.6.


I weight about 183 with sub 10% body fat.
ruffdaddy is offline  
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Dude, how in the hell can you rep 315 on squats and only pull 325 deadlift? i think the 365 you are pulling for would be a lot more likely but still a little low. You should be close to 400 I would think.

I would think that either your squat form is off and you aren't going low enough (and possibly inflating those numbers) or your deadlift form is a little off and you aren't pulling as much as you could.

BTW, I would get crushed with 315 on a squat bar. I deadlift pretty regularly here lately but I haven't done squat in forever.

Either way, it is TOTALLY possible for someone at your bodyweight to squat 5-600 pounds. No bullshit, go look at the 148 lb. class powerlifting records. i used to train with a 145 lb. Oklahoma State record holder and he was a strong fucker. I could out bench him though
AL P is offline  
post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Because Don = 3 red lights.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Dude, how in the hell can you rep 315 on squats and only pull 325 deadlift? i think the 365 you are pulling for would be a lot more likely but still a little low. You should be close to 400 I would think.
I haven't tried anything max-wise on squat in about a month, same for deadlift. I am hoping to bust my older numbers up pretty good in both aspects. The leg press is just fun, because I can move a lot of weight on it... I think 1,215 is pretty respectable even for such an iffy exercise. I want to get a clean 350+ squat and a 350+ deadlift within a week.

As for my legs from Saturday... Today was absolutely miserable. My quads don't hurt as much as they have from previous days, but they feel super super weak. Like, if I take a wrong step I almost buckle. Oh well. Wednesday is back and biceps, so I'll see how much I can move on deadlift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhorse
Because Don = 3 red lights.
I have no idea what you're implying

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
Also, the gym owner told me last night that the press we were using has a 180 pound sled, so I did 1,215 I am happy now.
I'm not calling BS Don, as you've got no reason too, but something is awry. I repped 945 for 6 tonight at about 98% capacity for 4 sets, and my squat is well over 315. You're telling me that you put up 270 more than that?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
I'm not calling BS Don, as you've got no reason too, but something is awry. I repped 945 for 6 tonight at about 98% capacity for 4 sets, and my squat is well over 315. You're telling me that you put up 270 more than that?
I do my typical leg workout now at 10 wheels on the same sled. we put up 16, I pushed that x 2. 20 x 1, 22 x 1 and then 23 x 1.

I go in thighs to my chest, and push until my legs are locked, then I rack it. Call it what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #21 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: drrty south
Posts: 4,003
hands on thighs or not?
ruffdaddy is offline  
post #22 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
hands on thighs or not?
hands on the rails on side of sled, no bullshit hands on thighs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #23 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burleson
Posts: 755
In high school not now, I weighed 165lbs. benched 325, squat 495, and could only dead lift like 315. My back would kill me on deadlift. I wish I could bench and squat that now. Now I am just concentrating on getting down between 185 and 200lbs. I sit at 215 now.
kwikstang91 is offline  
post #24 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
I bench about 165, squat 315, dead lift 405, close grip pull down 290 and juggle with 12oz beer cans.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #25 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
I do my typical leg workout now at 10 wheels on the same sled. we put up 16, I pushed that x 2. 20 x 1, 22 x 1 and then 23 x 1.

I go in thighs to my chest, and push until my legs are locked, then I rack it. Call it what you want.
I'm not doubting you, I guess I was working at a little less than 95%. I'm curious as to what I could put up once, if you're pushin' that much. The math still doesn't compute in my head though, I've got a 500+ squat, and I dom't see myself doing much more than that.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #26 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
If you can press 23 plates at 148lbs with only 2 months of lifting, you will set many world records before the years up!!

Most i've done is 24 plates X 5 with knee wraps. That's while doing over 500lbs on a squat though.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #27 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
I'm not doubting you, I guess I was working at a little less than 95%. I'm curious as to what I could put up once, if you're pushin' that much. The math still doesn't compute in my head though, I've got a 500+ squat, and I dom't see myself doing much more than that.
I would be willing to bet that you could do 1,400+ with ease for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayhouse
If you can press 23 plates at 148lbs with only 2 months of lifting, you will set many world records before the years up!!
Funny you mention that... I've been looking into the contests.

I will need to start wrapping my knees, they felt pretty shaky past 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #28 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Texas Cup is October 27th in Plano. By then you should be ready for gold.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #29 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Texas Cup is October 27th in Plano. By then you should be ready for gold.
LOL, sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #30 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:45 AM
My Boy!
 
Todd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 5,434
I'm down to 169lbs now at 14.8% bodyfat (so around 145 or so lean mass).

The most I've lifted on bench is 250lbs for a couple of reps but they aren't the pretiest lifts. I can do good clean reps with 230lbs.

No idea on squat because I have never tried to max out.
Todd is offline  
post #31 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 197
Max leg press is 860 plus sled. 12reps x 2sets, that's the highlight of my quad routine.


Jay Johnson
Jay Johnson is offline  
post #32 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
26 plates X 4 with wraps tonight just for you Don. Right after a 515lb squat.

Should be able to put together 1500lbs on the 3 lifts at 185 right now. Training for the texas cup....

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #33 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
26 plates X 4 with wraps tonight just for you Don. Right after a 515lb squat.

Should be able to put together 1500lbs on the 3 lifts at 185 right now. Training for the texas cup....
oh, I can't have that shit!!!!

I am going to do back and biceps tonight, I'll see what I can deadlift. Saturday is legs... so I am going to do a bunch of squats, my trainer thinks I should be able to do 365-385 max. We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #34 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
I told my trainer to max me out on deadlifts.

155 x 10
245 x 2
335 x 1
365 x 1
got 385 about 3" off the ground and couldn't pull it through I am pretty sure I could have 385 up within 2 weeks with better focus.

no straps, all chalk

I weigh 148 right now, he says that if I can get 405 off the ground I would run over my class with a 365 and 405 lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #35 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
I told my trainer to max me out on deadlifts.

155 x 10
245 x 2
335 x 1
365 x 1
got 385 about 3" off the ground and couldn't pull it through I am pretty sure I could have 385 up within 2 weeks with better focus.

no straps, all chalk

I weigh 148 right now, he says that if I can get 405 off the ground I would run over my class with a 365 and 405 lift.

Maybe a regular local meet you may do ok but not the Texas Cup.
365 is still not 405.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #36 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Maybe a regular local meet you may do ok but not the Texas Cup.
365 is still not 405.
what are people deadlifting at 148lbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #37 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
what are people deadlifting at 148lbs?

Well, the texas record for 148 is 622lbs.
I think to well you'll need to do 3X's your body weight. That's where im at right now. Im going to try and post a 600lb dead next month.

The squat texas record is 822 at 148

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #38 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Well, the texas record for 148 is 622lbs.
I think to well you'll need to do 3X's your body weight. That's where im at right now. Im going to try and post a 600lb dead next month.

The squat texas record is 822 at 148
wow, i got a ways to go. I will be happy with my first 405 lift. I am not going out to be a power lifter, but I seem to be doing some decent lifts for my experience level and size. Oh well, I just want a better physique!
DON SVO is offline  
post #39 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Lifer
 
dewayne6243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Aledo
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
More than you.


oh, lb for lb the strongest mother fucker on here!!!!!!!
I don't think so.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
dewayne6243 is offline  
post #40 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewayne6243
I don't think so.

I'll take the challange.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #41 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Lifer
 
dewayne6243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Aledo
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
I'll take the challange.
Anytime. I am a bodybuilder not a power lifter and have never maxed out but I lift heavy in training. I have 24 hours access to the gym I go to. T-shirt ,shorts, and shoes. No bullshit bench shirt etc..........


PM me and lets hook up.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
dewayne6243 is offline  
post #42 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewayne6243
Anytime. I am a bodybuilder not a power lifter and have never maxed out but I lift heavy in training. I have 24 hours access to the gym I go to. T-shirt ,shorts, and shoes. No bullshit bench shirt etc..........


PM me and lets hook up.

Where?
You're willing to do a 3 lift total right? Squat/Bench/Dead
How much do you weigh?

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #43 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Lifer
 
dewayne6243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Aledo
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Where?
You're willing to do a 3 lift total right? Squat/Bench/Dead
How much do you weigh?
West side of Fort Worth. I am at 195 right now. I was trying to get into the Europa show but was no where ready this year so my weight is down right now.

As far as lifting right I have trained for 2 years straight 5 days a week with a personal trainer trying to get into the bodybuilding contests. My form is perfect. My trainer is going for his IFBB pro card next year so i am learning from the best.

I have tried to max out in the past but my trainer screams at me telling me to quit playing around. He always says it is not how strong you are but how good you look.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
dewayne6243 is offline  
post #44 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewayne6243
West side of Fort Worth. I am at 195 right now. I was trying to get into the Europa show but was no where ready this year so my weight is down right now.

As far as lifting right I have trained for 2 years straight 5 days a week with a personal trainer trying to get into the bodybuilding contests. My form is perfect. My trainer is going for his IFBB pro card next year so i am learning from the best.

I have tried to max out in the past but my trainer screams at me telling me to quit playing around. He always says it is not how strong you are but how good you look.
Im in it for the exact oppisite.
For me it's how strong you are and not how you look.
With that being sad i'd deadlift raw no problem but i'll never max out on bench without wrist wraps and never max out squat without knee wraps. Prevents injuries.... that's still no shirts or suits which you call "bullshit"
That would be like me saying "roids" are bullshit for IFBB bodybuilders.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com

Last edited by GRAYHORSE; 09-13-2007 at 09:38 PM.
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #45 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Lifer
 
dewayne6243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Aledo
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Im in it for the exact oppisite.
For me it's how strong you are and not how you look.
With that being sad i'd deadlift raw no problem but i'll never max out on bench without wrist wraps and never max out squat without knee wraps. Prevents injuries.... that's still no shirts or suits which you call "bullshit"
That would be like me saying "roids" are bullshit for IFBB bodybuilders.
I use wrist/knee wraps all the time. I am a old man

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
dewayne6243 is offline  
post #46 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewayne6243
I use wrist/knee wraps all the time. I am a old man

I can get video of any lifts.
At the moment im at Squat: 515 raw/ Bench: 360 raw/ Deadlift: 560 raw
In most raw comps you can use knee wraps.

That's [email protected]

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #47 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE

Weak sauce.

















LOL, j/k.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #48 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: drrty south
Posts: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
I can get video of any lifts.
At the moment im at Squat: 515 raw/ Bench: 360 raw/ Deadlift: 560 raw
In most raw comps you can use knee wraps.

That's [email protected]
Pretty Impressive lifts. But if you never max out without knee-wraps...How can you have a "raw" squat max.
ruffdaddy is offline  
post #49 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,023
bench: 240
deadlift: 410
squat: 300
leg press: 1200

'07 350Z
'90 Firebird Formula
elzoro is offline  
post #50 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
Pretty Impressive lifts. But if you never max out without knee-wraps...How can you have a "raw" squat max.
Like i said, I've seen many feds that allow knee wraps in raw comps. And belts.
515 was with wraps 3 days ago.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome