Well Don finally convince me... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Well Don finally convince me...

To get on the wagon (and attempt to stick to it lol)

Started last monday on a diet (2300-2500 or so calories a day) and taking a few supps and vitamins etc.

Doing 5-6 days of cardio a week (40 mins bike or 1hour cardio class)

This is the best I've felt in a long time. Finally getting to be able to complete the workouts and not be wiped. Have more energy during the day and evenings. Pants fitting better etc etc.

I'm noticing results and that's helped me to get past the intial crappy starting part.

I hit my heaviest point again (also helped to get me started) 238.5 lbs after getting back from vacation last Monday.

This morning was 229.5. Haven't had but 1 cheat meal, no beer, no softdrinks etc...so I'm feeling good. Body feels cleansed and I'm happy.

See if I can continue my drive to get back down to where I was in highschool 21x range and then back into the 200 down club I haven't seen since I was in Jr high...geez I'm fat ass.
Nate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
thats great nate, keep at it and you will get the results you are wanting...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Good job, keep it up man.
46Tbird is offline  
 
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 8,772
Doing the same Nate...lost 15#'s already 45 more left.
TOMMY is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 08:49 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
To get on the wagon (and attempt to stick to it lol)

Started last monday on a diet (2300-2500 or so calories a day) and taking a few supps and vitamins etc.

Doing 5-6 days of cardio a week (40 mins bike or 1hour cardio class)

This is the best I've felt in a long time. Finally getting to be able to complete the workouts and not be wiped. Have more energy during the day and evenings. Pants fitting better etc etc.

I'm noticing results and that's helped me to get past the intial crappy starting part.

I hit my heaviest point again (also helped to get me started) 238.5 lbs after getting back from vacation last Monday.

This morning was 229.5. Haven't had but 1 cheat meal, no beer, no softdrinks etc...so I'm feeling good. Body feels cleansed and I'm happy.

See if I can continue my drive to get back down to where I was in highschool 21x range and then back into the 200 down club I haven't seen since I was in Jr high...geez I'm fat ass.
Good job Nate! It will only get easier!! Damn I didnt know you weighed that much!! Im trying to get in the 200 club and your trying to get out! hahah I weigh about 202 after the gym
WFO347 is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO347
Good job Nate! It will only get easier!! Damn I didnt know you weighed that much!! Im trying to get in the 200 club and your trying to get out! hahah I weigh about 202 after the gym
I'm a semi big framed guy I guess...I've ballooned up some in the last few months. Back when I started my desk job was 217...6 months later 238...damn not getting up and moving around!
Nate is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Git 'er dun Nate, you'll feel so much better once the weight is off.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Git 'er dun Nate, you'll feel so much better once the weight is off.
I hope so...starting to feel better everyday...just got to keep on keepin on.
Nate is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Good times
 
SVT Lurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
just got to keep on keepin on.
Truth. Just think of the weight savings for your slow car.

n/a
SVT Lurch is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
Truth. Just think of the weight savings for your slow car.
You should be encouraging me to eat so you can maybe stay within 3 buslengths of my car.
Nate is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Good times
 
SVT Lurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
You should be encouraging me to eat so you can maybe stay within 3 buslengths of my car.
My car is not a race car, therefore I am not concerned with the speed of it.
Until I get my turbo, then you're screwed.
SVT Lurch is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
awesome, Nate! I'm telling you, you could get to 200 within 8 weeks if you keep your nose to the grindstone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
awesome, Nate! I'm telling you, you could get to 200 within 8 weeks if you keep your nose to the grindstone.
We'll see about that...if I'm in the 20x club I'll be happy by november 1.
Nate is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
We'll see about that...if I'm in the 20x club I'll be happy by november 1.
keep going, you could easily get into 19X by November 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
keep going, you could easily get into 19X by November 1.
Hovering around the 229 ish mark the last couple of days but not letting it discourage me!

Shit if I hit 19x before my graduation I'll be estatic.
Nate is offline  
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Lifer
 
Ronin6135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Hovering around the 229 ish mark the last couple of days but not letting it discourage me!

Shit if I hit 19x before my graduation I'll be estatic.
So can you move today?

02-z28
Ronin6135 is offline  
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
So can you move today?
Fuck you...that is all.

I actually feel better today than I did on sunday/monday...we'll see how I feel tomorrow though.
Nate is offline  
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Lifer
 
Ronin6135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Fuck you...that is all.

I actually feel better today than I did on sunday/monday...we'll see how I feel tomorrow though.
My gut hurts, more than anything.

02-z28
Ronin6135 is offline  
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
My gut hurts, more than anything.
Nate was bustin' up them guts, huh?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
After 2 horrible weekends of eating but still working hard at the gym I'm at 228.5 still but feeling stronger and being able to have better distance in my runs. Not going to let it bother me the lbs aren't going off as quick as they did.
Nate is offline  
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Providence Village
Posts: 4,554
Keep at it Nate!! When I first started, I actually gained weight in the first few months, but lost 3" in my waist.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
Chuck is offline  
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Lifer
 
Justa4banger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,030
Congrats on starting, now just keep going. I workout a bunch down south, but once i get home, i get lazy. I need to do it though, i weigh about 2 ..... Damn......much .

85 SVO 2.7t coming soon
Old 438whp 1/8th??
Older 375whp [email protected]

We will never forget you WILD 42!
Friends I've Lost

Even if you make something dummy-proof, the world makes a better dummy.
Justa4banger is offline  
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Keep at it Nate!! When I first started, I actually gained weight in the first few months, but lost 3" in my waist.
Yeah, I can understand that. Pants are fitting better, belly is going down slightly (still not where it was 6 months ago) and I notice some small changes. Just got to keep on keepin on and eventually it will come off.

Ran 3 miles (run 1 stretch/water, run another stretch/water, run the last) First mile finished ok, 2nd mile walked one lap (9 laps at this gym ='s mile) 3rd mile same....Ronin3615 just can flat out run further than me that bastard.
Nate is offline  
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Keep at it Nate!! When I first started, I actually gained weight in the first few months, but lost 3" in my waist.
I've made a concious effort to clean up my diet, and have been jogging a few times a week for the last 6 weeks, and I'm actually up 5lbs even though body fat is down slightly. Eating right primes your body to build lean mass, so even running will put a little weight in your legs.

Don't sweat it Nate, you're still movin' the right direction.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Actually I'm trying to sweat it as much as I can...Cardio Cardio Cardio and the decent amount of lifting we are doing now.
Nate is offline  
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Lifer
 
ozzeran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 6,165
Don't forget to sit in the sauna too. It's a bitch at first, thats for sure. TOO DAMN HOT!

ozzeran is offline  
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
fuck the sauna! lose the waist!!!

The easiest way to put it is in terms of fitment. I started at 159 lbs and around 31"-32" in the waist... all my 30" stuff was suck-in-and-strap-in. I went to 145 lbs and 30", now I am at 149.5 (up about 5 lbs) and a 28.5" waist.

October will be the most difficult thing I have ever done with my dieting. wish me luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Lifer
 
Ronin6135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Yeah, I can understand that. Pants are fitting better, belly is going down slightly (still not where it was 6 months ago) and I notice some small changes. Just got to keep on keepin on and eventually it will come off.

Ran 3 miles (run 1 stretch/water, run another stretch/water, run the last) First mile finished ok, 2nd mile walked one lap (9 laps at this gym ='s mile) 3rd mile same....Ronin3615 just can flat out run further than me that bastard.
You will get there Nate, you got to remember I have been biking my ass of all summer, so IMO you are doing pretty damn good. Also tomorrow is a no walking run day.

02-z28
Ronin6135 is offline  
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
You will get there Nate, you got to remember I have been biking my ass of all summer, so IMO you are doing pretty damn good. Also tomorrow is a no walking run day.
Shit you didn't even run today focker!
Nate is offline  
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Yeaaaa, i have a 34" waist.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Lifer
 
Ronin6135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Shit you didn't even run today focker!
OK you posted that at 1:34. WTF I left at 1, You had a whole hour to do cardio. Slacker. Its 4 and I just got back from cardio. After the run also weighed 238. Might have been just a little dehydrated.

02-z28
Ronin6135 is offline  
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
OK you posted that at 1:34. WTF I left at 1, You had a whole hour to do cardio. Slacker. Its 4 and I just got back from cardio. After the run also weighed 238. Might have been just a little dehydrated.
lemme know when you go run, I talk to nate about it... I'd like to have someone to run with. It'd be more fun than pedaling 45 minutes to an hour at the gym in silence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Lifer
 
Ronin6135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
lemme know when you go run, I talk to nate about it... I'd like to have someone to run with. It'd be more fun than pedaling 45 minutes to an hour at the gym in silence.
Yeah, I can do that, Next week is a bad week (Going to MI) but after that Ill let you know. Running in silence does suck, I thought I might go crazy today.

02-z28
Ronin6135 is offline  
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Scared s**tless
 
DON SVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas City Hall, SKYPING
Posts: 15,056
it'll be fun watching Nate hyperventilate trying to keep up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
DON SVO is offline  
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
227.5...not much progress weight wise, but moving a slightly bit more weight in most of the exercises we do and am able to run longer without being quite as wiped out. I actually put some weight back on when I slacked off (read completely fucked my diet) during busy time at work/mid terms at school. Just tried to get back on track and have gotten back from 231 to the 227.5.

Seeing results physically even though it's just 11 lbs so I'm feeling ok. Not where I wanted to be at this point but just got to keep moving forward. It's more like a marathon than a sprint.

*man I miss chipotle and stuff like that though.
Nate is offline  
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Not a lot to report weight loss wise (226 lbs this morning) but this is the first time I actually did well on the weekend. I usually put 2-3 lbs back on from the weekdays when I do well.

I am doing better cardio wise (3 miles is ok to do and doesn't completely drain me) and Ronin3615 is telling me I'm doing some more weight in all the lifting we are doing. Doesn't seem like I'm adding much but I'm trying to get there.

Just keep reminding myself, long road marathon not a sprint.
Nate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome