The big, bold and well... not so - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

The big, bold and well... not so

beautiful.

I preface this with "bless her heart..."

Every morning about this time (9:00am or so) after my morning workout I sit out on the front patio with my Fiber One, my laptop and catch up with the news sites.

It's about this time I'll see a man on a mountain bike go "blazing" down my street at about 10 mph. I know, within a few seconds, a woman in her 40s and about 200lbs will come flying down the road on her roller blades. She definetly is a roller blade newbie and always looks out of control (without a helmet.)

I really want to stop her one day and tell her she isn't at the roller rink and she needs to get tucked, bend her knees, put pressure on her front shins and how to swing her arms correctly instead of flailing them in a circular motion.

But, I don't. I need my morning smile. I may send my six year old out one morning to race her down the street in proper form. Maybe she'll get the hint.

But, hey, the other side of me says, her ass is out there working on it in 80-85 degree weather... good for her.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
beautiful.

I preface this with "bless her heart..."

Every morning about this time (9:00am or so) after my morning workout I sit out on the front patio with my Fiber One, my laptop and catch up with the news sites.

It's about this time I'll see a man on a mountain bike go "blazing" down my street at about 10 mph. I know, within a few seconds, a woman in her 40s and about 200lbs will come flying down the road on her roller blades. She definetly is a roller blade newbie and always looks out of control (without a helmet.)

I really want to stop her one day and tell her she isn't at the roller rink and she needs to get tucked, bend her knees, put pressure on her front shins and how to swing her arms correctly instead of flailing them in a circular motion.

But, I don't. I need my morning smile. I may send my six year old out one morning to race her down the street in proper form. Maybe she'll get the hint.

But, hey, the other side of me says, her ass is out there working on it in 80-85 degree weather... good for her.

yeah amazing she is out getting some form of a workout.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Behind Blue Eyes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowimport96
yeah amazing she is out getting some form of a workout.

yeap...most of em sit around eating cheeseburgers while drinking diet coke saying to each other "girl you know i need to work out..but i just dont wanna..but i need to lose some weight"

CFFL
Looking forward to the road that lies ahead...We enjoy reflecting upon past roads traveled, reliving our adventures through photographs taken and stories penned...Though, it's that next road that drives us onward...that next journey...And who knows where it'll lead?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:48 AM
duh...duh....duh

Yeah, it's hard to find something you like. Plus, if she got good she'd probably get less of a workout doing it right.

My '03 Sold.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Hip-check her ass into a car.

DFWMustangs.net
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
Yeah, it's hard to find something you like. Plus, if she got good she'd probably get less of a workout doing it right.
Yea, that's true.

Plus I wouldn't have my morning chuckle. It's almost like watching ground hog day the movie in the morning.

Same people every morning. The rb'g chick...the indian woman dressed from head to toe in the heat (she does it at 9:30 and then again around 5:00pm)... the older gentleman that does the walk/jog thing... the woman that is being pulled around by the two golden retrievers... the kid that has to walk the family dog... the guy that walks and reads a book... and of course the guy with the bluetooth in his ear that allows me to hear all his silly conversations.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Packin' up...

I find it entertaining when I saw the same cars in the morning or going home from work.

It's not really a big deal since people have a work schedule... just entertaining.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Oooooooh-whee

For some reason a scene from "Big Daddy" comes to mind.

8/16/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement