Ankle popping when walking - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Question Ankle popping?

When I walk my right ankle pops. On rare days it won't do it at all, but other days it will pop with every single step i take. On average days it will do it with at least 50% of my steps.

Even when you people can't see me (at the office, at home, where ever) they can hear me coming. Footstep, *pop*, footstep, *pop*, footstep, *pop*...

For as long as I can remember it's done this and it's always the same spot on the outside of my ankle. Every now and then it will start to hurt, but most of the time it's just annoying (sound wise).

I can't think of any ankle injuries from sports growing up or anything else that I might have done in the past.

So what could cause this?

Last edited by Stroked71Bowtie; 06-26-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:45 PM
My Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked71Bowtie
When I walk my right ankle pops. On rare days it won't do it at all, but other days it will pop with every single step i take. On average days it will do it with at least 50% of my steps.

Even when you people can't see me (at the office, at home, where ever) they can hear me coming. Footstep, *pop*, footstep, *pop*, footstep, *pop*...

For as long as I can remember it's done this and it's always the same spot on the outside of my ankle. Every now and then it will start to hurt, but most of the time it's just annoying (sound wise).

I can't think of any ankle injuries from sports growing up or anything else that I might have done in the past.

So what could cause this?
You could do stuff almost without noticing it. Step onto a curb at a funny angle and the ankle takes the shock, step into a little hole or trip and recover - ankle still takes the shock. Even while running or other things it may have had some shock. Maybe jumping ou tof a tree when you were little or something?

I was reading up one time on my knee popping or clicking actually when i moved it a certain way, and I think I recall reading that if it didn't hurt then it was probably ok. But you said your ankle hurts some times so I would get someone to take a look at it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Hood Approved.

My always do it, something about loose tendons or dumb shit like that. I've walked 22ish years no problem, so if it doesn't hurt I wouldn't sweat it.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Sticky Side Down

mine are really bad. my left I hurt in high school football. nothing more than a sprain. it pops a ton. my right was destroyed playing hockey. I tore all of the ligaments and exploded my fibula. Its all screwed together and has been fine for years, but it has recently started popping on every step. I dont really have any pain, but I have the popping for sure.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 07:19 PM
May the Force be w/you

My left ankle was damn near broken during a pick up basketball game once (severely sprained, took a year to recover) and ever since then it pops A LOT! More annoying than anything but I have a feeling I'm gonna be screwed when I get older.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
If I move my foot in a circle and angle it just at the right time, I can pop my ankle every time. It also does it a lot when I walk, but it never hurts. Don't know what causes it, frankly don't care because sometimes you can annoy people with it by popping it over and over and over and over..etc..
I have the same. I ruptured one of the stablizing tendons in my ankle, and just never got it fixed. I can roll my ankle a lot easier on that side.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Animalistic Intensitiy

Its' an indication of death awaiting you. If it pops one more time, your going to die.

On a more serious note, mine pop just like Dudly said. Some times it's a tendon issue and an xray can tell what's going on.

Joe.

2000 2v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
WTF IS A FISTING? Like a fight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
A fight to get his/her fist in your twat...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Taliban can SUCK IT!

ive got it in the same place, outside right ancle. but all this talk about weak tendons makes me wonder, becasue i dislocated my knee when i was 17 playing baseball. i was told by the doctor i had a small vertical tear in my knee. he said i could either have fixed or wear a sports brace and stay off it when i could and it would fix itself over time. i chose the latter being 17, a broke ass and not likeing hospitals. wonder if that had anything to do with it. because i dont recall it ever happening before that injury. oh and im also with Big Studly as far as annoying people with it. takes all of about 5 seconds to get on my sisters nervs when shes around

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Token Union Member

I'm the same way my right ankle has always poped when I walk, but it only does it when I don't have any shoes on. When I'm walking around the house bare foot it pops every other step and is loud as hell. No pain though, maybe I should go to the doc and get it checked out so I get my money's worth out of this dam insurance I pay for every month and never use.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Sticky Side Down

well, I always thought I had horrible ankles with all the popping but it seems that a lot of people have the same problem. that makes me feel a little better.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

It's real bad when i go up steps pop pop pop pop every step. Mine never hurts though.

2010 H&S Mini Maxxed, DPF/DOC deleted, Magnaflow Pro no muffler exhaust, and Banks ram Air F250, SRW, CrewCab.
2009 Infiniti M35- 17" Koning Swerves/ pilot sports, and K&N filters.
2009 Yamaha Warrior - Power Commander V, Cobra Pipes, tail light/lic plate mod and led lic plate light.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

pop lock and drop it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement