Lifetime Plano - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Lifetime Plano

I just got a corporate membership through my company. Just wanted to see if anyone here workout at the Lifetime Plano location?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
I just got a corporate membership through my company. Just wanted to see if anyone here workout at the Lifetime Plano location?

There is one close to my place in far north garland, they look nice.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Lifer

Its a country club. Do people sip mamosa's while they are doing cardio?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

From what I'm told... yeah. The company is getting us in for no enrollment fee, no monthly contract, and will reimburse us for half of our monthly fee if we go 8 times or more a month. So for $35 a month going to the gym twice a week I'm in.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 02:29 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
and will reimburse us for half of our monthly fee if we go 8 times or more a month. So for $35 a month going to the gym twice a week I'm in.

So that shit is normally $70/month?!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Hood Approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked71Bowtie
So that shit is normally $70/month?!

Yeah. Not including sign up, but it's like a workout compound there. It's crazy.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Yeah you've got the normal free weights, resistance machines, cardio, pool, spa, basketball courts, rock climbing wall, outdoor pool, kickboxing/aerobics classes, stuff like that.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieNC17
Yeah. Not including sign up, but it's like a workout compound there. It's crazy.
Do you workout there?

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 03:00 PM

hahahaha. that place sucks. 24 hour is so much better.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 04:29 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Lifetime is a really nice club. I was talking to the head of real estate at 24 Hour Fitness last month and he considers Lifetime to be the only competition that 24-Hour Fitness has.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Hood Approved.

Quote:
Do you workout there?
Too rich for my blood, I went with Ballys.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 04:35 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Too rich for my blood, I went with Ballys.
I haven't been to Bally's for 15 years. I keep the membership going because it is only 31.80 a year. I was a personal trainer at Olympia (Houston) that became the President & First Lady's chain which became Bally's. My membership was purchased right after I quit PFL back in 85/86.

Got a Lifetime membership as well (100/mo for the entire family) but I rarely go there. I spend most of my time at Oak Point Center in Plano (65/year). Go figure.

The Lifetime in Garland is super huge, too many TVs, too many lights, too many lycra wearing men flexing in the mirrors for my taste.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Hood Approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I haven't been to Bally's for 15 years. I keep the membership going because it is only 31.80 a year. I was a personal trainer at Olympia (Houston) that became the President & First Lady's chain which became Bally's. My membership was purchased right after I quit PFL back in 85/86.

Got a Lifetime membership as well (100/mo for the entire family) but I rarely go there. I spend most of my time at Oak Point Center in Plano (65/year). Go figure.

The Lifetime in Garland is super huge, too many TVs, too many lights, too many lycra wearing men flexing in the mirrors for my taste.
My dad did the same thing, his is like $50/yr or something and I pay $15/month so it works. If Oak Point is the place i'm thinking of it's at the corner of spring creek and jupiter, kind of a nice place, but I thought it was just swimming??
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

The Plano Lifetime location is one of only 5 superclubs of it's type in the US. It's been nationally recognized in many aspects in several fitness magazines. The place is 140,000 sq ft.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 04:51 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
My dad did the same thing, his is like $50/yr or something and I pay $15/month so it works. If Oak Point is the place i'm thinking of it's at the corner of spring creek and jupiter, kind of a nice place, but I thought it was just swimming??
That's really what I use it for. The indoor pool is one of the best in the metroplex.

They have a smallish weight room which I use but I'm not into building muscle like some on the site. I use weight training to further my endeavors in triathlons. So I'm not looking for a lot of equipment.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
im gonna start going. too expensive for me but my brother has a membershio so figured id join him. Im gonna try to bulk up again. We'll see how that goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement