Are you guys tracking your results daily? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Are you guys tracking your results daily?

I keep track of meals, break them down into protein/carb/fat calories, take totals, record workouts, and weigh myself.

I started Friday 3 weeks ago. I weighed 159. This afternoon (even after eating, half a gallon of water and no errrrr, "offloading" ) I weighed 148. I am stoked! It's paying off.
If any of you guys are losing and taking daily weight/calorie count, post it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Rookie

You're trying to lose weight at a buck fifty?

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #3 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO
I keep track of meals, break them down into protein/carb/fat calories, take totals, record workouts, and weigh myself.

I started Friday 3 weeks ago. I weighed 159. This afternoon (even after eating, half a gallon of water and no errrrr, "offloading" ) I weighed 148. I am stoked! It's paying off.
If any of you guys are losing and taking daily weight/calorie count, post it here!
so what is the total amount of claories u intake? carbs?

post #4 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREYHORSE
You're trying to lose weight at a buck fifty?
Absolutely. I am going to try and get down to 137-139 and start building back up with lean muscle mass. I would LIKE to hit 145-147 by the end of october @ 10% BF

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthelion
so what is the total amount of claories u intake? carbs?
Depends on the day.

I shoot for 1500 cal/day. Period. However, I realize I have a faster metabolism, and I am pretty active on workout days (I do a lot of cardio every other day) so I adjust. Workout days have some more carbs, rest days have more protein. Also, I fine tune it some more to a 40%/40%/20% of protein, carbs and fat and shoot for ~ 5% of that number. Even more, I try and make sure my breakfast is at least 5:3 ratio of protein to carbs. I bring in more carbs in the afternoon, and get a good deal of my EFAs and higher protein at dinner.

Here's a run-down of the past couple days...

Thursday: Cal - 1548 /174g Protein/139g carb/34g fat (26 EFAs)

Friday: Cal - 1487/protein - 143g/ carb - 146g/ fat - 33.5g (25.5 EFAs)

Yesterday: Cal - 1415/Protein - 140g/Carb - 133g/Fat - 41g (35 EFAs)

today I did a good bit of cardio, I am shooting for 160/160/35

Quote:
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #5 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Yea, pretty much keep track of all things.

Diet, workouts, hours, mileage, resting pulse, mood, blood pressure. Not so much weight, etc.

Been doing it for about 20 years now. Interesting to go back through and look at the journals from 10-15 years ago.

I've become really scientific with training over the past 5 years instead of doing it by the seat of my pants. Back when I was younger I could wing it and get away with it. At 43, I've got to really be concerned about making sure each workout has a purpose.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #6 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Rookie

Why dont you just work out hard while losing weight and get there much faster.

To the orginal ??... yeah, i've lost 15 lbs since last month to make weight for a contest in 3 weeks. I can gain and lose 20lbs month by month though.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #7 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Lifer

Ive lost about 10 lbs just playing basketball...not changing any eating habits....maybe even eating worse.....crazy how a little cardio can change things....lol....whats a good resting heart rate....mine is about 45-50 ......is that decent. I am at 198 and probably 12-15 percent fat. My vertical and leaping ability has also dramitically change...I went from touching rim to grabbing it one hand in about 2 weeks ...hope to be dunking again soon. BTW I prob. take in about 3500 calories a day.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #8 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 PM
My Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93powerranger
Ive lost about 10 lbs just playing basketball...not changing any eating habits....maybe even eating worse.....crazy how a little cardio can change things....lol....whats a good resting heart rate....mine is about 45-50 ......is that decent. I am at 198 and probably 12-15 percent fat. My vertical and leaping ability has also dramitically change...I went from touching rim to grabbing it one hand in about 2 weeks ...hope to be dunking again soon. BTW I prob. take in about 3500 calories a day.

I checked my RHR the other morning with a Polar Heartrate Monitor and I got it down to 56 but if I had been able to check it before I go tup to get the monitor I bet it would have been a bit lower.

Basketball is a running sport. You are getting tons of cardio like that. If you went from doing nothing to adding basketball pretty often and the eating didn't change at all or even got a little worse as you said, I can still see tons more calories being burned than before.
post #9 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 PM
My Boy!

Quote:
I take weekly weight and measurements and track my daily cals, carbs, fat, protein and now even calcium. Occassionally I will weigh on other days just from curiosity but normally on Saturday morning.

Normally I will average my weekly totals to see how I averaged daily on calories and all that over the week, and I also look at the totals for the week to see if I did eat 3500 calories more when trying to gain and and see if that corresponded to one pound gained at the end of that week. I have cool spreadsheets! It's very geeky.

Results for the last couple of days:

Friday 1978 cals, weighted in Saturday morning at 181.1 lbs

Saturday 1723 cals, weighed in Sunday morning at 180.6 lbs
post #10 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 10:43 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93powerranger
Yes, 45-50 is good.

Don't get too caught up on the actual number (is 50 better than 70 is 30 better than 50?)

You want to use your resting heart rate to indicate overtraining. If your average starts to creep up than you most likely are starting to overtrain and a day of rest if probably in order.

post #11 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Why dont you just work out hard while losing weight and get there much faster.

To the orginal ??... yeah, i've lost 15 lbs since last month to make weight for a contest in 3 weeks. I can gain and lose 20lbs month by month though.
Because unlike you, this is my third week into a pretty much 100% lifestyle change. I don't work for a fire department, I don't have a physically-oriented job, I am not prepping for a competition, I don't have a gym membership. It's me shifting gears and re-learning.

I am working out, just not yet with weights. I am doing cardio currently, and will begin a weight training program within a week or so. It's me just trying to ease into it, really. I already went overboard by just completely cutting off and dropping so much shit in literally one day (no more junk food, 6 solid/balanced/planned meals a day, no more alcohol period, cardio 4-5 times a week in the morning before work), I need to catch up and get situated. Give me more than 3 weeks, LOL!

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #12 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:39 AM
My Boy!

Quote:
Because unlike you, this is my third week into a pretty much 100% lifestyle change. I don't work for a fire department, I don't have a physically-oriented job, I am not prepping for a competition, I don't have a gym membership. It's me shifting gears and re-learning.

I am working out, just not yet with weights. I am doing cardio currently, and will begin a weight training program within a week or so. It's me just trying to ease into it, really. I already went overboard by just completely cutting off and dropping so much shit in literally one day (no more junk food, 6 solid/balanced/planned meals a day, no more alcohol period, cardio 4-5 times a week in the morning before work), I need to catch up and get situated. Give me more than 3 weeks, LOL!

Sounds to me like you are on the right track. It takes a long time to really get 100% used to the new lifestyle, but where I am now, I see the results of eating right, and I see the results when I eat wrong, and I was more than happy to skip my "cheat day meal" last week because I wanted to not mess up my progress more than I wanted the bad-for-me food.

It's all about getting used to the change.

Also, I am impressed about the approach - usually you see people start working out (cardio and/or weights) before they attempt to really make the right changes to their diet. I mean people try fad diets and all that but they are crap. It is not as common for people to really get their nutrition down first and get those benefits working, then add some working out, and then finally get into that fully. I'm a fan of that approach and that is what I usually try to lead people into. Get a handle on one thing then add another. And nutrition is soooo important in this game. it is underestimated most of the time.

The learning curve for someone just getting into this is so massive. you have to really be dedicated to actually do it correctly and stick to it.
post #13 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I've become really scientific with training over the past 5 years instead of doing it by the seat of my pants. Back when I was younger I could wing it and get away with it. At 43, I've got to really be concerned about making sure each workout has a purpose.

Ironically I've done just the opposite. When I first started training I was weighing myself daily, logging every morsel of food, and even weighing my portions out. I couldn't walk by a mirror without spot checking. Borderline OCD. Nowadays I have a good idea of what I am eating, and always try to make decent choices when I stray from my daily diet, and I train more intuitively than by the book.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #14 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

today:

1539 cal: 164g protein, 128g carbs, 38 g Fat (7 saturated)

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #15 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 08:20 PM
My Boy!

Today so far: 1455 cal: 153.92g protein, 147.5g carbs, 42.3 g Fat (9 saturated)

But I still have a protein shake scheduled to put me at:
1605 cal: 182.92g protein, 158g carbs, 42.8g fat (9 saturated)

Last edited by Todd; 06-26-2007 at 08:47 PM.
post #16 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

how are you liking the sub-1800 calorie diet?

the rest of this week I am going to try to get to saturday (3 days full) at 1600 calories, and less than 70g carbs per day. wish me luck.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #17 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

There is no way I could handle an 1800 calorie diet.

3900 calories for me today.

post #18 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
There is no way I could handle an 1800 calorie diet.

3900 calories for me today.
You could handle it, I got faith in the king!

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #19 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Absolutely. I am going to try and get down to 137-139 and start building back up with lean muscle mass. I would LIKE to hit 145-147 by the end of october @ 10% BF

Depends on the day.

I shoot for 1500 cal/day. Period. However, I realize I have a faster metabolism, and I am pretty active on workout days (I do a lot of cardio every other day) so I adjust. Workout days have some more carbs, rest days have more protein. Also, I fine tune it some more to a 40%/40%/20% of protein, carbs and fat and shoot for ~ 5% of that number. Even more, I try and make sure my breakfast is at least 5:3 ratio of protein to carbs. I bring in more carbs in the afternoon, and get a good deal of my EFAs and higher protein at dinner.

Here's a run-down of the past couple days...

Thursday: Cal - 1548 /174g Protein/139g carb/34g fat (26 EFAs)

Friday: Cal - 1487/protein - 143g/ carb - 146g/ fat - 33.5g (25.5 EFAs)

Yesterday: Cal - 1415/Protein - 140g/Carb - 133g/Fat - 41g (35 EFAs)

today I did a good bit of cardio, I am shooting for 160/160/35

Im with you on this. Im at 150.
post #20 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 AM
My Boy!

Quote:
how are you liking the sub-1800 calorie diet?

the rest of this week I am going to try to get to saturday (3 days full) at 1600 calories, and less than 70g carbs per day. wish me luck.

Not liking it that much. I think it is a mental thing more than anything else though. I just feel like I need to be eating more. Last night I started acting wierd too. I think from the diet. lol My GF was asking if I had been eating sugar. lol

Anyway, I am modifying it starting today to begin the high carb day of a carb cycling diet. Today will be high carb day (with a calorie intake of 2200) then tomorrow will be moderate carb day (calorie intake of 1900) and then Friday will be low carb day again (back to 1650 calories). The fat and protein stay the same (40g fat, 180g Protein) as a target, but there might be a bit more protein taken in with the extra carbs. Carbs cycle from a low of 170g to a moderate 225g and up to a high of 300.

BTW, I weighted in a little bit ago (I had already ate this morning though and I usually weigh in before eating in the morning on Saturdays) and I weighed 179.4, so there is weight coming off at this point. The carb cycling is supposed to keep you from loosing muscle while loosing fat quickly. Depletion then loading.

My weekly calory intake will be around a 1900 daily average this way. Depending on results I may raise , lower, or otherwise adjust it.
post #21 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 AM
My Boy!

forgot to mention... I was figuring my maintenance level and it came out to 2770 calories a day! So at this rate I should be loosing about 1.5 - 2 lbs a week which is supposed to be a good safe amount that won't sacrifice muscle.

One of the versions of carb cycling I read about would have put me at a low of like 1170 calories for the lowest day. You are really not supposed to ever go below 1200, and I dont want to get too close to that, so I scrapped that one right off. On the flip side, I'd get to have 2700 calories on high carb day! lol

Sounds like this type of diet will comfuse the heck ou tof my body, but it has worked for bodybuilders for years and years when dropping fat for contest prep, so I figure it is worth a try.
post #22 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

I am doing 3 days of 65/20/15 and a refeed day ~ 2150-2300 on Saturday (including my first cheat meal in 4 weeks!) as an experiment... we'll see how it goes.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #23 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 08:33 PM
My Boy!

looks like I'm gonna make it - 2203 Calories after I eat my last snack in about an hour.

High carb day... and it was not all that high at all, but I am STUFFED feeling!
It feels like it would be comfortable if I Was at about 1800 calories now. cool because that is a little less than I have scheduled for tomorrow.

Don, when are you going to be able to tell how well the experiment worked?
post #24 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

I will tell when I am irritable, pissed off easily, shaky and foggy-headed come saturday morning! Everything I read and hear says that super-low carb diets with a solid cardio and weight training will leave you chapped. It's a cutting diet. I want to try it to see where I end up. However...

... today I joined Cartman at his gym with his trainer. We did legs and wow, I feel busted. His trainer made me go home and inhale minimum 50g of protein. luckily, I left a pocket of additional room just for the post-workout meal.

Calories: 1684 - Protein: 236g Carb: 112 Fat 35 (28 EFAs)

breakdown: 59.5%/26%/14.5%......... very very close.

oh yes... 147 lbs after dinner @ 10 PM!

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #25 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Lifer

I'm not going to obsess over all that stuff, especially doing weight every day. I fluctuate about 3 lbs. depending on a great many variables between days. I'll weigh myself every two weeks, the YMCA scale that i'm using said I'm 187 last saturday.

I also don't believe in that low carb shit, eat clean; veggies, fruit, grains and add in whatever meat and as long as it comes to my target calorie intake I don't care.
post #26 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Lifer

For a while I obsessed over the scale. Now I step on one once a week, if that. I do take a glance at a mirror with a discerning look every few days though, make sure I'm headed the right direction.

post #27 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrazy
I'm not going to obsess over all that stuff, especially doing weight every day. I fluctuate about 3 lbs. depending on a great many variables between days. I'll weigh myself every two weeks, the YMCA scale that i'm using said I'm 187 last saturday.

I also don't believe in that low carb shit, eat clean; veggies, fruit, grains and add in whatever meat and as long as it comes to my target calorie intake I don't care.
I agree totally. However, for me fat loss is first and foremost. Seeing my stomach trim up makes me very happy. I realize that with the weight program just beginning, the scale shows the results right now.

Low carb, medium carb, whatever. I target 1500 calories on non-workout days. You could hit your target with all fat, eat about 8 ounces of mayonnaise. You could do it with all carbs, drink, 3 quarts of cranberry juice per day. You get the point. Balancing what you take in to reach the desired goal is important.

I am going to start this next week and see how it works for me:

No weights with cardio: 175 protein/150 carbs/30g fat

Weights and cardio: 200g protein, 110g carbs, 30g fat

Weights: 220g protein, 90g carbs, 25g fat

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #28 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 11:15 AM
My Boy!

The mirror check is telling me that mine is defenitely working. That along with the tape measure around the waist, and around the arms to make sure the muscle is staying put and so far it looks like everythign is in order. Pants fitting a little looser, tightening up to that next notch in the belt and feeling comfortable in that now.

The Girlfriend wants to go out to eat Saturday night and have dessert after! Baaaaaaaaaahhhhh Like I'm throwing all this hard work away!!!!!!
post #29 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Hired Hand

Y'all got me curious, so I did a quick tabulation of my daily intake.

2260 calories split up into 9 meals
195g carbs
249.5g protein
26g fat

This breaks down to a 40/50/20 split percentage wise.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #30 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 01:50 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Yesterday's diet and training:

Calories: 3300
Carbs: 495g
Protein: 165g (almost a gram per lb body weight)
Fat: 73g

Give or take a gram here and there. 6 meals.

Running: 8 miles
Biking: 1 hour intervals on the trainer (40 minutes main set, 10 minute warm up, 10 minute cool down) Evening
Swimming: 3000 meters Afternoon
Weights/Core: 30 minute core workout
Stretching: 30 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours (Wed is my bitch day)

Today's diet and training:

Looks like the diet will be just about the same, possibly a few less calories but same ratios (60/20/20)

Running: 6 miles AM
Biking: nothing yet, and probably nothing
Swimming: 400m warm up, 4x1000m with 1 minute rest between, 400 cool down (in about 15 minutes)
Weights/Core: 3 sets 15-20 reps, major body parts + deadlifts
Total Time: 2 1/2-3 hours

Biking took a hit this week because of the rain. I can only stand being on the trainer for 2 hours a pop before I go crazy. Hopefully at least one day this weekend will be rain free for a 3-4 hours period and I can log some decent miles.

I'm probably running a slight calorie deficit at the moment which is cool. I want to be down in the 170-172 range for the fall race season (currently 175-177).

post #31 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:34 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Total Time: 4 hours (Wed is my bitch day)

Total Time: 2 1/2-3 hours
Does all of this free time come along with working for yourself, or do you just not sleep much?
post #32 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Y'all got me curious, so I did a quick tabulation of my daily intake.

2260 calories split up into 9 meals
195g carbs
249.5g protein
26g fat

This breaks down to a 40/50/20 split percentage wise.
250g of protein?!! You take alot of shakes or what?
post #33 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Don trying to get back to shopping in the Petite section.
post #34 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
250g of protein?!! You take alot of shakes or what?
I don't necessarily intend to have that much, but I guess everthing I eat has a bit of protein in it. The bulk of it comes from two shakes and two chicken breasts with just under 50 grams in each.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #35 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 05:23 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked71Bowtie
Does all of this free time come along with working for yourself, or do you just not sleep much?
Working at home is a huge benefit. I usually get the first workout done before 6am. My evening workout is usually mid-evening after I've done my father duties. With summer I take my older daugther (11) with me sometimes. She is training for the IronKids triathlon coming up later this year. My swim workout is done in the mid-afternoon. My daugher will be in the lane with me if its crowed or the lane next to me.

On the weekends everything is done before 11am so I have the rest of the day to be a family man. I can usually get in 4-5 hours. Little cat nap in the afternoon usually. The weekends get a little hectic with softball/soccer for the girls but I can usually work around them.

I don't go out much anymore since I'm old so that doesn't affect me.

But the main reason is I don't have to spend 30 minutes in the morning getting ready to get to work, an hour worth of commute, work 8 hours, hour commute home. I don't have to spend time fixing meals and putting them into containers since I'm 15' from my kitchen. If I want to sneak in an hour on the treadmill at 10am that's fine.

Right now I stink like was dumped into a vat of chlorine and I'll stay that way until I ride the bike tonight. Then I'll shower.

post #36 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
The Girlfriend wants to go out to eat Saturday night and have dessert after! Baaaaaaaaaahhhhh Like I'm throwing all this hard work away!!!!!!
This saturday is my first 'cheat' meal day I am allowing myself in 3 weeks. I am very proud of the fact that I haven't once succumbed to the pressures of wanting a snack or fast food. Having a fully stocked freezer and fridge helps, there's always something I can grab and prep in 5 minutes... even if it's a cup of broccoli.

Now I need to decide what I want for my cheat meal! Oh, the various possibilities. All I know is that it WILL include an ice cream dessert. Period I am shooting for an 1,800 calorie re-feed day anyways, so I will more than likely just totally design my cheat meal into my diet. Because I am an anal retentiv dork.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #37 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 06:37 PM
African Booty Scratcher

sweet god, if Don gets any smaller he will be invisable.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #38 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 08:35 AM
My Boy!

Quote:
This saturday is my first 'cheat' meal day I am allowing myself in 3 weeks. I am very proud of the fact that I haven't once succumbed to the pressures of wanting a snack or fast food. Having a fully stocked freezer and fridge helps, there's always something I can grab and prep in 5 minutes... even if it's a cup of broccoli.

Now I need to decide what I want for my cheat meal! Oh, the various possibilities. All I know is that it WILL include an ice cream dessert. Period I am shooting for an 1,800 calorie re-feed day anyways, so I will more than likely just totally design my cheat meal into my diet. Because I am an anal retentiv dork.

Dude, my girlfriend likes to eat chocolate all the time and brownies are a biggie. I have worked brownies into the diet several times a few months ago and it worked pretty well. The sugars and the bad fats in there are worse than the good stuff you are eating now, but moderation will keep you on track though this.

For me, the longer I stay away from bad stuff, the easier it is for me to not want it, but if I do cheat, I start missing that bad stuff alot. Psychological thing. But I am makign such good progress this week that I am really excited about the progress and I dont' want to screw that work up. she wants to go out and eat Saturday night. I may go and eat something fairly healthy , but I will be tryign tmy hardest to just sit and watch her as she eats the dessert.

That hard thing about it is that her metabolism is so high that it won't effect her at all! UGH!
post #39 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:28 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Dude, my girlfriend likes to eat chocolate all the time and brownies are a biggie.
Try these. I think they are awesome and only 30% fat as prepared.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...ipe_id=1011262

post #40 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Hired Hand

I've come to learn that you can screw up pretty badly one day, and as long as you get right back on track it won't affect you too negatively. Eat bad enough though, and it'll halt your losses for the week. Which means that you are literally flushing a weeks worth of sacrifice down the toilet.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #41 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 PM
My Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
I've come to learn that you can screw up pretty badly one day, and as long as you get right back on track it won't affect you too negatively. Eat bad enough though, and it'll halt your losses for the week. Which means that you are literally flushing a weeks worth of sacrifice down the toilet.

Yeah, this is what I am concerned about. My son is sick though and I have him this weekend so there is a chance we won't be going out anyway. yay! But Sad about the boy being sick. I guess if I catch what he has I'll probably be loosing weight even faster. lol

Anyway, I'm on my way to a 1585 calorie day today for my low carb/low cal day. woohoo! Man, I am I out of energy though.
post #42 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Yeah, this is what I am concerned about. My son is sick though and I have him this weekend so there is a chance we won't be going out anyway. yay! But Sad about the boy being sick. I guess if I catch what he has I'll probably be loosing weight even faster. lol

Anyway, I'm on my way to a 1585 calorie day today for my low carb/low cal day. woohoo! Man, I am I out of energy though.

My point is don't sweat on full calorie meal and dessert, you're body won't hold on to it. If you make a weekend of eating crap though, you're doing some serious back tracking.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #43 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Yesterday: calories 1546/ protein 177/ carbs 110/ fat 46 (too much chicken)

today I am on track for cal. 1626/ protein 194/ carbs 136/ fat 29... we will see if my trainer yells at me to take more carbs in.

I KNOW I will have a banana split and 2 premium imported beers tomorrow for my cheat meal. Real food is another story, but I want a banana split something awful!

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #44 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

ok, ended up with 1837/206p/180c/28f after a shake and a banana. My arms are fried.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #45 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
ok, ended up with 1837/206p/180c/28f after a shake and a banana. My arms are fried.

All cut up and still cant fight.

Keep up the good work Don. I'm doing the same basic thing you are right now and I'm down to 184.

*edit*
You should come do a cardio with me one day.
post #46 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:24 AM
My Boy!

Friday I ended up with 1585 Calories: 41.3 fat, 178.92 Protein & 156 Carbs!

I'm set up to do a repeat of that today with a little different mix of foods. If I end up cheating , ti will be at dinner tonight, so I figured I'd go low again today just in case, so total calories won't get too out of control. And if I dont cheat then I'll have a good low day again!

I tried out making a smoothie and it turned out tasting GOOD! Here's what I did:
2 to 4 ice cubes
2 scoops of Low Carb Isopute Chocolate protein
1 cup of milk
1 cup of frozen raspberries
2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
1/2 container of nonfat yogurt

Threw that all in a blender and it makes enough for 2 shakes that break down like this each:
338Calories: 9g fat, 37g Protein, 29.5g Carbs with 395mg of calcium

I just put the second one in the fridge for my snack later.

I weighed in this morning and I am down to 178.9 from 181.4 last Sunday!
Arms are the same, waist is a little over 1/2" smaller, chest is slightly bigger, everything else stayed the same. That indicates it was all lost from fat and apparently most of it came from my belly! woohoo! I love it when I plan comes together!
post #47 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

I have been wanting to make some shakes also for a while, this is good motivation to go snag some bananas from the store and get in on it.

Also, I weighed in at 146 last night... I love progress!

Quote:

I facepalm myself.

Last edited by DON SVO; 06-30-2007 at 11:26 AM.
post #48 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Rookie

Damn, are you guys drinking 3 protien shakes a day? 170-200g?
I dont think i get close to that. I need to though.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #49 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Damn, are you guys drinking 3 protien shakes a day? 170-200g?
I dont think i get close to that. I need to though.
the numbers on my shakes differ depending on what I am using them for. In the mornings, I take one scoop with 8 oz. of fat free milk. That comes out to 235 calories, 33g protein, 17g carbs, 1.5g fat. The one I hammer down right after my shower once I am done with the gym are 310/56/17/3.

I typically take in 1 shake on off days... I love seafood, so getting my protein up without shakes isn't tough.

Quote:

I facepalm myself.
post #50 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Rookie

Quote:
the numbers on my shakes differ depending on what I am using them for. In the mornings, I take one scoop with 8 oz. of fat free milk. That comes out to 235 calories, 33g protein, 17g carbs, 1.5g fat. The one I hammer down right after my shower once I am done with the gym are 310/56/17/3.

I typically take in 1 shake on off days... I love seafood, so getting my protein up without shakes isn't tough.

Damn, i think im going to up my shake to 3 times a day. I've got my weight down for this competition in 2 weeks and im starving everyday.
I changed to a 1g of fat shake rather than the muscle milk i was taking.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement