My Progress Thread! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
gettin sideways

My Progress Thread!

I was reading another thread on here (Tiny Tim's) and I read another on another board that inspired me to do this.

I am going to try to get on a strict diet and workout plan to cut some weight and then switch it up a little and try to put on some lean mass. It's gonna be hard to find the time to work out like i need to since I work two jobs and a lot of hours (75 this week) I work at the gym though so when we close I can work out.

My goal is to get to 190lbs and then try to get some muscle mass. At my heaviest I was 307 and currently I weigh 215-220. I look ok but I still need to get rid of a little gut.
I will be going to the grocery store tomorrow and cooking my meals for the week.

I'm excited and ready to get in shape

later I will post before pics (300+lbs) current pics and when I reach my goal I will put up some new ones

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Timmay

Cool good luck! I've found eating at home is best when you're trying to count calories.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Rookie

Good luck!

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 03:46 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Fuck workin' out...I lost 10 pounds over the past two weeks just from getting drunk almost every night, being hungover and not eating the next day.

Seriously though, good luck. Stay motivated and don't let the scale dictate your progress.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
gettin sideways

211, dropping already

pics will be up when i can get my camera

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

good luck man, ive went from 290 to 230 with just a lil working out and alot better eating habits...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 10:56 AM
My Boy!

I have been reading the book "Tha Abs Diet". Lots of cool info in there concerning nutrition and the effects of certain macronutrients and certain foods on loosing fat and what "bad stuff" to avoid and why.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Go Rangers!!

damn i need to gain weight....i eat eat eat and eat and i cant gain any eight. sunday i ate 2 t-bone steaks. i'm 5'6" and a consistant 125-130. I work out 3-4 times a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Holy shit, well it's official, I am fuckin gay!
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
good luck man, ive went from 290 to 230 with just a lil working out and alot better eating habits...
Good deal Fred, I see that new diet is workin' out for you. 60lbs is a good bit of weight.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 11:34 AM
My Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTNorthTexas
damn i need to gain weight....i eat eat eat and eat and i cant gain any eight. sunday i ate 2 t-bone steaks. i'm 5'6" and a consistant 125-130. I work out 3-4 times a week.

How old are you?

Sounds like your metabolism is through the roof! BTW, 2 t-bones are great for protein, but you want to add some carbs to that if you want to gain. If you are getting enough protein to build muscle and you are not gaining, then you need to up the carbs considerably. If you are a constant weight, then you are eating your "maintenance" level of calories each day. To gain you will need to add about 500 calories a day - that is supposed to roughly equal 1 pound a week in gains...
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
how long did that take you? That is exactly what I am trying to do and I am finally consistantly below 260...hit a plateau there for a while
i started in jan 07, stated by working out every single day and eating really good, kinda slacked off and ate not so good for a few weeks and didnt workout, cause i lost a quick 40lbs but got stuck at 250... it takes an effort not to eat bad, but its paying off...

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
i started in jan 07, stated by working out every single day and eating really good, kinda slacked off and ate not so good for a few weeks and didnt workout, cause i lost a quick 40lbs but got stuck at 250... it takes an effort not to eat bad, but its paying off...
I thought you were over 300. I didn't know you were 250lbs. If so congrats. keep it up
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porshh951
I thought you were over 300. I didn't know you were 250lbs. If so congrats. keep it up
nope, never got up over 300lbs thank god... im hovering around 230/235, ide like to get down to around 180...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I can eat good (for the most part), it is getting to the gym that is my problem. Guess I am not doing anything wrong, just will take me longer I guess since I can't him the gym 7 days a week.
yea i notice when i just eat right i only lose a couple lbs a week, but just hitting the gym a few times a week, i can easily lose 10 or more a week...

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
gettin sideways

209!!

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 01:04 PM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
nope, never got up over 300lbs thank god... im hovering around 230/235, ide like to get down to around 180...
Damn dude, congrats! Good luck on the rest.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red92Stang
209!!
are you noticing any difference in the physique from 220 to 209???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
gettin sideways

actually yes, i have a lot more definition in my arms and legs and i have noticed a good bit of difference in my stomach and obliques/sides

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Scared s**tless

Quote:
actually yes, i have a lot more definition in my arms and legs and i have noticed a good bit of difference in my stomach and obliques/sides
good deal. I read that a lot of people that hit the 'peak' start doing stupid shit to cut more weight, like reducing calories (and protein because of it) and lose weight, but lose muscle mass... good deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Good job, Fred. I lost 45 lbs six years ago by working out everyday and eating better. I've been able to keep it off. It gets easier the longer you've done your routine. I don't even think about eating fattening, high-calorie food anymore. And, I never go more than 2 days without working out, 6 days a week 99% of the time. It's a lifestyle change, the longer you stick to it, the easier it is. Congrats!
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Good job, Fred. I lost 45 lbs six years ago by working out everyday and eating better. I've been able to keep it off. It gets easier the longer you've done your routine. I don't even think about eating fattening, high-calorie food anymore. And, I never go more than 2 days without working out, 6 days a week 99% of the time. It's a lifestyle change, the longer you stick to it, the easier it is. Congrats!
best post yet...and 100% true.

I'm currently 205ish lbs and workout religously keeping a 34" waist. I don't even think about food much anymore. I just eat as often as possible.
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Go Rangers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
How old are you?

Sounds like your metabolism is through the roof! BTW, 2 t-bones are great for protein, but you want to add some carbs to that if you want to gain. If you are getting enough protein to build muscle and you are not gaining, then you need to up the carbs considerably. If you are a constant weight, then you are eating your "maintenance" level of calories each day. To gain you will need to add about 500 calories a day - that is supposed to roughly equal 1 pound a week in gains...

I'm 24. I stay at a constant 125, give or take a few pounds.

Quote:
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 01:51 PM
My Boy!

Quote:
I'm 24. I stay at a constant 125, give or take a few pounds.
Do you have an example of your entire diet for a day?

It may just be that you need to eat more calories. 24 years old and active and only 125 lbs - that sounds like an awesome metabolism! I have a book about making progress for the "hard gainer". and in it they are talking about people like you that want to get bigger but seem to have a problem growing. It turns out they are saying that you need to eat more more more. I'll have to look through it again and post up some info from it about numbers to give you an idea what they are saying needs to happen.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 11:03 AM
My Boy!

Ok, I'm looking at that book now. it is "Hardgainer's Bodybuilding Handbook".

It is saying that you need 3000 calories per day if you weigh 125 lbs.
50% Carbohydrates
25% Proteins
25% Good Fats

Grams:
375 grams of carbs
188 grams of Protein
83 grams of good fats

It says - if you do not gain at least 1 pound in the first week then increase your calories by 240. That would be 3240 cal (405 gramd of carbs, 203 grams of Protein and 90 grams of fat).

If you gain like 4 pounds that forst week then dial the calories down by 240 from the 3000 to make 2760 (345 grams of carbs, 173 grams of protein and 77 grams of fats).
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Go Rangers!!

Quote:
Ok, I'm looking at that book now. it is "Hardgainer's Bodybuilding Handbook".

It is saying that you need 3000 calories per day if you weigh 125 lbs.
50% Carbohydrates
25% Proteins
25% Good Fats

Grams:
375 grams of carbs
188 grams of Protein
83 grams of good fats

It says - if you do not gain at least 1 pound in the first week then increase your calories by 240. That would be 3240 cal (405 gramd of carbs, 203 grams of Protein and 90 grams of fat).

If you gain like 4 pounds that forst week then dial the calories down by 240 from the 3000 to make 2760 (345 grams of carbs, 173 grams of protein and 77 grams of fats).

That sounds complicated.

I usually start in the morning with something like 2 pop tarts or a sasuage n biscuit or toaster stroodle. I then usually have a snack a couple hours later. Usually it's something like cheese and crackers or peanut butter and crackers. Then for lunch and dinner I usually eat pasta or chicken. I eat beef and pork on occasion, but mainly chicken. As in the morning, I usually eat a snack in between every meal.

I seem to be hungry every 2 to 3 hours. I usually don't pay all that much attention to calories. I just eat when I am hungry.

Quote:
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 PM
My Boy!

Quote:
That sounds complicated.

I usually start in the morning with something like 2 pop tarts or a sasuage n biscuit or toaster stroodle. I then usually have a snack a couple hours later. Usually it's something like cheese and crackers or peanut butter and crackers. Then for lunch and dinner I usually eat pasta or chicken. I eat beef and pork on occasion, but mainly chicken. As in the morning, I usually eat a snack in between every meal.

I seem to be hungry every 2 to 3 hours. I usually don't pay all that much attention to calories. I just eat when I am hungry.

Sounds like you are not getting enough food. And you probably need some protein in your breakfast and at the morning and afternoon shacks too.

You could add eggs to your pop tart breakfast or do like I do and add a protein shake in there with skim milk.

If you'd chug a protein shake made with skim milk with your mornign and afternoon snacks you would vastly increase your amount of protein you take in.

The best tasting protein powder I have found is Muscle Milk, and if you are concerned about the ingredients in that one (lots of fats) then try out GNC's Wheybolic 60, each serving is 60 grams of protein, but that is using 3 scoops, so I usually either do 2 scoops for 40 grams or 1 scoop for 20 grams depending on what I need.

You should definitely be drinking a protein shake immediately after lifting weights to take advantage of that window of opportinity to feed your muscles what they need in that first hour after a lifting session.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 03:54 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
You should definitely be drinking a protein shake immediately after lifting weights to take advantage of that window of opportinity to feed your muscles what they need in that first hour after a lifting session.
Don't forget your carbs after working out to replace your glycogen stores. The best time to replace your glycogen stores is after a hard workout.

4:1 carbs to protein or 3:1 (if you trying to lose weight) carbs to protein.

My awesome, 50 cent recovery drink... 16oz skim milk with 6 tablespoons of sugar. That are chocolate milk.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 04:02 PM
My Boy!

Quote:
That sounds complicated.

I'm not sure from this what exactly you are eating each day, but I'll throw something out there and see how it goes.

Lets say you had a pair of pop tarts for breakfast, 4 peanut butter crackers for mid morning snack, you stopped by chic fil a for lunch (assuming you didn't get the fries) and you had another 4 peanut butter crackers for an afternoon snack, then for dinner you were really hungry and you ate 1/2 the entire recipe of a Chicken Helper dish. Here is how it would break down...
- a pair of pop tarts 408 calories, 5g fat, 3g protein, 36g carbs
- 4 peanut butter crackers 138 calories, 7g fat, 3g protein, 16g carbs
- Chic fil a sandwich 410 calories, 16g fat, 28g protein, 38g carbs
- 4 peanut butter crackers 138 calories, 7g fat, 3g protein, 16g carbs
- 1/2 the recipe - Chicken Helper (Cheesy Chicken Enchalada) 812 calories, 12g fat, 63g protein, 106g carbs

That makes a total of 1906 calories for the day and that is composed of 47g fat, 100g protein, 212g carbs.

25% of your calories came from Fat
24% of your calories came from Protein
51% of you calories came from Carbs

---------

I just went through the calculations using the Harris-Benedict formula to find your maintenance level of calories and it came to 2428.464, so call that 2430 calories a day that you need to maintain your weight. If the stuff I put down that you eat a day is acurate above then you would be loosing weight. I figure You are drinking something - cokes, milk maybe, something and probably eating more than this, but you would have to be eating an additional 500 calories a day over what I put down here just to be to the place where you would be holding your weight steady. My guess is that you are not eating enough food, and from your description you are lacking in protein.

If you can, post up a list of an entire day's food that you actually eat and I can break it down and see where you actually stand and what you might need to add ot change. Post up the amount of each thing you list also. If you eat crackers, you'll need to put down how many you ate. And list everything you drink too.

Todd
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
gettin sideways

heres me at 300+ (in the blue shirt khaki shorts)

and heres me at 215ish (im about 5 lbs lighter now)

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Lifer

Damn man great job. J/W how tall are you?

02-z28
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
gettin sideways

thanks, i am 6'0

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
thanks, i am 6'0
Good job!
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
gettin sideways

208, not much of a difference but its still a little

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Lifer

did not even recognize you . lookin good.
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
gettin sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch
did not even recognize you . lookin good.
thanks man, maybe thats why last time i saw you at the track and i said whats up you looked at me like you didnt know me lol

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
gettin sideways

207!! i have lost 100lbs total!!

93 LX coupe
03 Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement