DFW Mustang Forums banner

peanut butter

587 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Big A 
#1 ·
well me and my buddies lift every other day, and we all have different theories of what works and what doesnt. So one always eats peanut butter before lifting saying it gives him energy, is this true?

#9 ·
I usually mix in a tablespoon or two in my protein shake. I usually drink mine 30-45 minutes before hitting the gym. It adds flavor and good fats to the shake.

#13 ·
ti dies have soem beneficial fats and other things , but I've never thought of peanut butter as giving a lot of energy.

Maybe they are talking about eating peanut butter before workout as compared to not eating anything at all before a workout. In that case I can see some noticible energy being available over nothing at all.

I'd think you would want a medium GI carb about 30 min before a workout, and maybe a pre-workour protein shake. But I could be wrong.

#14 ·
Todd said:
ti dies have soem beneficial fats and other things , but I've never thought of peanut butter as giving a lot of energy.

Maybe they are talking about eating peanut butter before workout as compared to not eating anything at all before a workout. In that case I can see some noticible energy being available over nothing at all.

If I had to pick one, and only one food item to live on, it would probably be peanut butter, as it is quite nutritionally dense. I agree though, it's not something I'd use before a workout. My pre-workout meal consists of fat-free yogurt and an apple, it's the post-workout meal that gets all the calories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.