here's my plan - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
que?

here's my plan

i am going on vaction starting tomorrrow and i will be off for 10 days straight. i've heard starting a workout routine is best when you are not doing your typical routine. i wanna drop a few pounds by eating better(i'm already doing that) and doing cardio. we have a gym with a treadmill, stationary bike, and an oliptical(sp?) machine. i really hate running but don't mind the oliptical machine. would 20-30 minutes each day first thing in the morning be a good start?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Hired Hand

I have come to find just the opposite to be true. I stick to my diet and workout regiment much better when it's part of my daily routine/work schedule. On vacation you are always close to the fridge or a fast food join with plenty of time to sit down to a fattening meal, so it's a bit harder to eat clean. When I'm out playing golf or wrking on the bike it's much easier to keep on doing that and skip the gym, whereas after work I always head to the gym without a second thought. It's actually hard for me to take time away to do other things.

By all means, get your program started. if you are able to stick to it on vacation, it'll be that much easier when you are back to a set schedule.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
not exclude

x2 Raven.

Vacation time is always when I have trouble sticking to my habits.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:19 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Two weeks out of the year is family vacation time. Most of the time its just running in the morning before the family wakes up.

Two weeks out of the year are what I call "immersion training". Its two weeks straight of busting my ass to reach some new level. I'll train about 6 hours a day with every 4th day only 3 hours.

So vacation time can be used for relaxing (family) or for busting ass (immersion). I'm pretty lax with diet during family vacation.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement