Slowly sheddin them. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Slowly sheddin them.

9Lbs so far.

Struggling with the addictions still (caffiene/sugar) as far as cravings are going, but at least the "manic" stage from withdrawl has passed.

I'm feeling the difference now on how I feel on the days I don't skip breakfast as usual. Typically, I skip breakfast I hate feeling so sluggish early in the morning. I'm starting off small with simple eggs and oatmeal. I had forgotten how much I liked oatmeal. lol.

I training the arts a couple of times a week. Hitting the weights at home and even dragging the wife and dog out for fast paced walks in the evenings.

I'm gonna try Raven's idea of cardio in the mornings and see how that works for me too.

This fat guy is gonna get his speed back finally.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
9Lbs so far.

Struggling with the addictions still (caffiene/sugar) as far as cravings are going, but at least the "manic" stage from withdrawl has passed.

I'm feeling the difference now on how I feel on the days I don't skip breakfast as usual. Typically, I skip breakfast I hate feeling so sluggish early in the morning. I'm starting off small with simple eggs and oatmeal. I had forgotten how much I liked oatmeal. lol.

I training the arts a couple of times a week. Hitting the weights at home and even dragging the wife and dog out for fast paced walks in the evenings.

I'm gonna try Raven's idea of cardio in the mornings and see how that works for me too.

This fat guy is gonna get his speed back finally.
keep in mind.. cardio in the morning ON AN EMPTY STOMACH..
So eat your eggs and oat meal after cardio. Also.. what im doing is 1 egg and 3/4 cup ( same as 3 eggs) Egg beaters. this way i get the protein but with out the fat and cholesterol.

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning
keep in mind.. cardio in the morning ON AN EMPTY STOMACH..
So eat your eggs and oat meal after cardio. Also.. what im doing is 1 egg and 3/4 cup ( same as 3 eggs) Egg beaters. this way i get the protein but with out the fat and cholesterol.

I forgot to get the Eggbeaters at the store. I'll try them the next time I go to the store.

How long should I start running for? Meaning, how long do I need to keep an elevated heartbeat for cardio? 20 -30 min?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Time Served

hit www.runnersworld.com every kinda program u could ever want.Use the race finder tool to find a race...maybe this fall? Pick a 5K or something and work your way up it so you have a lonf term goal. Thats what i do...either good luck man! keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte92stang
Jane Fonda ranks up there with Bin Laden in my book...

Reply by Seafarer12
OMFG you not still hung up on nam are you?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

There is a difference between cardio and "fat loss".. for fat loss you want to keep to a max of 70-75% heart rate( i forget the exact number), For cardio fitness you go at a higher rate.. but burn less fat. if you ever watch the PRo BB's doing "cardio" its all slow paced cardio at a brisk walk to burn fat.

what i found works for me is 30 min at 130-132 heard rate on a tread mill, and then 15-20 min on the bike at 140-165.

time wise.. most ppl say it takes 15 min of the training before you are "Ready to burn fat".. thats why i do cardio after my lifting.

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I forgot to get the Eggbeaters at the store. I'll try them the next time I go to the store.

How long should I start running for? Meaning, how long do I need to keep an elevated heartbeat for cardio? 20 -30 min?

W/O egg beater I'd suggest eating no less than 2 whites per yolk, preferebly 3 or 4. The yolk is where all the fat and cholesterol, and the whites contain the protein.

For cardio I'd suggest starting off at 30 minutes, going to the point that it's just beginning to get difficult to have a conversation. It takes 20 ,minutes to get into the burning zone, so 30 will give you a good bit of time to burn fat. As your stamina increases, increase the amount of time that you do cardio. By getting it up to an hour 4-5 times per week you'll be making up for the sloppiness in your diet. As you get closer to your goal you'll automatically be eating better, so you can either cut back the cardio, or just eat a little more clean food.

Congrats on the 9lbs Steve, it's a good start.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Time Served

Eh, I just quit smoking so I'm gonna have to wait a little while on giving up the caffeine and sugar. The smoking being gone makes 2 out of my 3 life sustaining drugs that i've quit. The first one was ephedra, I just don't see me giving up the caffeine. But hey, good luck to you.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Pushed to the limit

You are well on your way to becoming a lean, mean fighting machine. My hat is off to you!

Buying dogs kills.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Time Served

yeah I can't give up my Sobe Adrenaline Rush energy drinks...just have to work a lil harder to make up for it. However, for me to get to the 75% of my max heart beat I have to do like 8.0-8.3 on the treadmill. my resting heart rate is about 36-38

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte92stang
Jane Fonda ranks up there with Bin Laden in my book...

Reply by Seafarer12
OMFG you not still hung up on nam are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement