LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

The liquid starvation + Cardio diet Diet LOG. Day 4.*UPDATE on bottom*

So I got around 238 after my cycle.

Stats right b4 cutting diet
6'1 around 238-240
Bf around 15% or a little less

I will let you know how it goes but I am already freaking out.

Only one day so far

Cardio workout
2mile run or 30 minute elliptical(interval training)

Diet
2 Multivitamins + all my supps.
5 protein shakes a day
1 cans of tuna or 1 chicken breast

*** This is not a healthy diet by any means and its a weak muscle building workout , but I am in a hurry to drop weight FAST and this works. DO I suggest it?NO. Will I ever do it again, prob not. lol, But i want to see how my body reacts. Simply, Calorie deficit diet more calories out vs. in.***

DAY 2

Woke up, really couldn't sleep at all. I am really edgy and annoyed because I am hungry but the hunger is subsiding slowly... I weighed in this morning 2 1/2 lbs lighter than yesterday. I imagine this is alot of water weight and I predict to easily lose 7-10lbs by end of this week.

I am off again to drink my liquids. Wish me luck

DAY 4

I Absolutely have no energy. I am pissed of all the time. lol

I weighed myself this morning an I am down almost 6 lbs. Is it water weight? Maybe, but my stomach is much better looking and it isnt just a placebo effect. I have lost some in the arms area, but it is worth it. I am going to cut until I can feel confident again when taking my shirt off.

Thanks!

Last edited by agiraldo; 05-17-2007 at 01:26 PM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Hired Hand

I'd suggest adding in some oatmeal in the am, and a serving or two of steamed veggies. Both are good sources of fiber, which helps move fat through the colon, and will keep you a little better energized. Don't cut your carbs so severely, just up your cardio and you'll keep more lean mass.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Really?

Good advice. I might take oatmeal in the AM, I just want to see hwo this works out in the next week or if I can even move because I won't have any energy. Guess thats why there is an e/c/a stack.

Thanks

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Hired Hand

I've also found that doing cardio first thing in the morning truly is superior than any other time as far as fat burning is concerned. If you can't get your ass up, post weight traiing is the next best thing, but I'd highly suggest getting up if time is of concern.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Do you believe in the morning cardio routine?

Most people IMO will tell you to do cardio on an empty stomach in the morning. I think it could be bs. the logic is that glycogen levels are lowest in the morning so you start burning fat immediately. once again its all about calories in vs calories out and you're going to burn calories all day long and you cant target fat, just the amount of energy (in calories) that you expend.

What do you think?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiraldo

Most people IMO will tell you to do cardio on an empty stomach in the morning. I think it could be bs. the logic is that glycogen levels are lowest in the morning so you start burning fat immediately. once again its all about calories in vs calories out and you're going to burn calories all day long and you cant target fat, just the amount of energy (in calories) that you expend.

What do you think?

In my experience I burn fat faster when I do morning cardio. I understand what you're saying, but I've got first-hand experience as to waht works for me. I also tend to stay more energized throughout the day, which makes for a higher resting metabolic rate.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
I've also found that doing cardio first thing in the morning truly is superior than any other time as far as fat burning is concerned.
Since my semester is over, I've started doing that lately but find it hard to stay awake the rest of the day despite all the white/red/green teas I take to try to wake me up. Now don't get me wrong, they do help out, but it can't be sustained for a long period of time (1-2+ hours). This in turn makes the weight portion of my work out not as effective since I feel low on energy. I'm also averaging 7-9 hours of sleep and I'm only running about 3 miles right now and plan on upping it once my body is ready (probably later on this week). I know it's not a lack of food or a certain type of food group as I have a very healthy diet.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 01:20 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:

What do you think?
The reason for early morning cardio is the metabolic effect through out the day. Really hasn't anything to do with being related to "running on an empty stomach." If you run at night and you go to sleep 2 hours later, your body will shut down and you lose those few extra calories you will burn throughout the day because your body is having to stay up and rebuild at the same time.

As far as running, as long as you are aerobic, you will burn fat stores along with glycogen. Everyone is different. Some will burn in a 50/50 ratio, some in a 80/20 ratio, some in a 70/30 ratio, etc. Get the heart rate into the cario and lactate threshold zone and you will be burning more glycogen.

Whether you are running on an empty stomach or a full stomach won't make much of a difference.

Much more important is making sure you are getting sugar and protein into your body within 30-45 minutes of an intense workout. Your muscles are ready and will absorb the nutrients much more efficiently.

My typical recovery drink is 16oz of skim milk with 6 tablespoons of sugar... or 16oz of chocolate milk if I have some around.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:39 AM

looks like fun....

maybe after this diet, you'll be able to pick up some chicks at the bars.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
looks like fun....

I met a super hot blonde and her dopey fat-ass boyfriend Friday night, which made me question what I know about physical attraction.

Girls r stupied.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
looks like fun....

HAHA. Shutup look who's talking asswipe.

You ever get a system in that car?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Insane In The Membrane

Quote:
I've also found that doing cardio first thing in the morning truly is superior than any other time as far as fat burning is concerned. If you can't get your ass up, post weight traiing is the next best thing, but I'd highly suggest getting up if time is of concern.
Fuck those oats, Eat egg whites. You don't want your blood sugar to sky rocket first thing in the morning. Do cardio twice a day 40-50 min. in the am and pm.

On a mission for commission
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
HAHA. Shutup look who's talking asswipe.

You ever get a system in that car?
nah. got everything but the amp sitting here, just being lazy. saving up for a house.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Cobra_Nate
Fuck those oats, Eat egg whites. You don't want your blood sugar to sky rocket first thing in the morning. Do cardio twice a day 40-50 min. in the am and pm.
Oatmeal is low on the glycemic index, it's a slow burning fuel that is great to get the day started, and has little effect on blood sugar. Add an eggwhite omelette made with non-fat cheese, some diced green pepper, and a little salsa for a highly bioavailable protein source if you'r bulking, and I just put some raw quick oats in a protein shake to eat on the way to work when I'm leaning up.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:01 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Cobra_Nate
Why do you think you will spike on oats?

Oatmeal is a medium glycemic index food and isn't going to do much for your blood sugar.

But I do agree you should have some lean protein with every meal.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Baller

who the hell needs kidneys anyways?!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Insane In The Membrane

Quote:
Oatmeal is low on the glycemic index, it's a slow burning fuel that is great to get the day started, and has little effect on blood sugar. Add an eggwhite omelette made with non-fat cheese, some diced green pepper, and a little salsa for a highly bioavailable protein source if you'r bulking, and I just put some raw quick oats in a protein shake to eat on the way to work when I'm leaning up.
Sounds good!

On a mission for commission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement