While at work: - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

While at work:

What do you normally eat...?

I have a desk job, but I work in a machine shop (www.cloeren.com). I get up occasionally but 80% of my day is sitting at this desk. In the mornings I stop at McDonalds and get 2 sausage biscuits (No cheese). and an orange juice. I try to eat either soup or a sandwich for lunch. I drink at least a gallon of water per day...I take probably 8 piss breaks because this water goes through me.

Im finding that Im not really losing weight by doing so........any info??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sec302
In the mornings I stop at McDonalds and get 2 sausage biscuits (No cheese). and an orange juice.
You mean you eat about 1000 calories with 480 calories from fat (50+ grams, 48%) for breakfast alone and you aren't losing weight? I'm confused.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 AM

You should start by watching "supersize me". You will never eat at macdonalds again.

The only way to lose weight is burn more calories than you consume so write everything down that you eat and see where the fat is coming in also to some cardio. I eat 3 cans of tuna a day while at work 90 cal a piece with 20g's of protein.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Hired Hand

Anyone that eats at McDonalds isn't serious about losing weight. I sit at a desk all day, and I eat about 6 times throughout the workday. My meals usuallyt consist of something like a bagel, fat-free cheese slices, fat-free hotdogs, raw broccoli/cauiflower, protein shake, chicken breast, hard-boiled egg-whites, baked lays, graham crackers, apples, and fat-free yogurt.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:48 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Here is a normal day for me:

Cup or two of coffee
Run or Swim
Meal 1 1 Cup Fiber One or Oatmeal, few scoops of fresh berries, 1 cup of skim milk
Bike or Swim
Meal 2 Turkey sandwich (4oz turkey, oat bread), veggies, fruit
Meal 3 Fat Free Yogurt, orange or banana, 4oz turkey or chicken, skim milk
Meal 4 Some type of PowerBar or Protein based smoothie
Meal 5 (dinner) 4-6oz lean meat (typically fish), veggies, rice or pasta, skim milk
Meal 6 4 Peanut butter sammich on oat bread, fruit,skim milk
Meal 7 sometimes I'll eat some low-fat ice cream prior to bed

A gallon to two gallons of water in between (depending on the type of training during the day)

I don't even know what the inside of a McDonald's looks like anymore.

Fridays and Saturdays I'll add some Guinness or Shiner into the mix.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Pushed to the limit

I am able to lose weight at will through working out three times a week and watching what I eat. When I decide to blow off the caring about what I eat portion of the program and maybe drop one or two of my workouts, I tend to gain the weight that I lose back.

Buying dogs kills.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

lol you eat mickey d's and wonder about not losing weight? hahahahahahaha
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

i normally eat a bowl of cereal before work. Then after my first store ill get 3 breakfast tacos from Daybreak cafe. i go to the next two stores the ill stop for lunch and get an ultimate cheeseburger meal large. Once i finish my last store ill go home and eat chips. On the way to my second job ill stop and get a couple snackers and a mashed potato bowl. I may have a slice of pizza on my break if im hungry while im there

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

oh and i dont really gain wight i stay between 175-180

94 Z71-dd
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Lifer

he said no chesses guys, gosh.

02-z28
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:24 PM

My Job Now is mostly sitting...SUCKS
In the mourning Ill grab a bannana couple bottles of water and head to work, Ill eat a Protein bar on the way or when I get to work.. Then at 10 drink a shake 1130 or 12 eat somekind of LESS fattning food then 3 another shake at about 6 ill get to the gym then home for some grilled chicken or steak...My diet is suffering because I was in jail for a month then got sick I was up to 185lbs Lean 511 then when I got over all the jail and sickness I weighed 162ish...Diet is the key to success!!haha
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Anyone that eats at McDonalds isn't serious about losing weight. I sit at a desk all day, and I eat about 6 times throughout the workday. My meals usuallyt consist of something like a bagel, fat-free cheese slices, fat-free hotdogs, raw broccoli/cauiflower, protein shake, chicken breast, hard-boiled egg-whites, baked lays, graham crackers, apples, and fat-free yogurt.

My weight is around 175lbs but I'd like to be around 160lbs. Im only 5'6" though. I could try the 1 bagel thing, but I stay hungry if I only eat the sausage biscuit/soup. Im considering bringing fruit to work.

And what are the calories in 2 sausage biscuits vs. a Supersized combo from McDonalds? And yeah, I am serious about losing weight, I went from 253lbs to 175 in just under 2 yrs. This last 15lbs is tough though.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:

And what are the calories in 2 sausage biscuits vs. a Supersized combo from McDonalds? And yeah, I am serious about losing weight, I went from 253lbs to 175 in just under 2 yrs. This last 15lbs is tough though.
Probably a few days worth of cal. Fast food is just not worth it.

02-z28
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
My weight is around 175lbs but I'd like to be around 160lbs. Im only 5'6" though. I could try the 1 bagel thing, but I stay hungry if I only eat the sausage biscuit/soup. Im considering bringing fruit to work.

It's pointless to compare your breakfast sandwiches to a "Super-sized" combo, being the better of those two options doesn't make it at all a healthy choice. :et
s deal directly with what you are dealing with, here's the nitritional break down directly from the McDonalds website:

Sausage Bisuit w/ egg (regular size)

490 calories (280 from fat)
32 grams of fat (10g saturated)
83mg of cholesterol
46mg of sodium
11 grams of carbs
17 grams of sugar
6 grams of protein

That's a whopping 980 calories, 64 grams of fat (20 grams saturated), and a measly 12 grams of protein IN A SINGLE MEAL. That's well over double your daily allowance for fat and just under half your daily calories in a single sitting. Not to mention the artery stopping 20 grams of saturated fat, which should be kept at a bare minimum. During the week I don't take in any saturated fat, minimal unsaturated fat, and supplement with fish oil to stay healthy. Fast food has absolutely no place in a healthy diet.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
It's pointless to compare your breakfast sandwiches to a "Super-sized" combo, being the better of those two options doesn't make it at all a healthy choice. :et
s deal directly with what you are dealing with, here's the nitritional break down directly from the McDonalds website:

Sausage Bisuit w/ egg (regular size)

490 calories (280 from fat)
32 grams of fat (10g saturated)
83mg of cholesterol
46mg of sodium
11 grams of carbs
17 grams of sugar
6 grams of protein

That's a whopping 980 calories, 64 grams of fat (20 grams saturated), and a measly 12 grams of protein IN A SINGLE MEAL. That's well over double your daily allowance for fat and just under half your daily calories in a single sitting. Not to mention the artery stopping 20 grams of saturated fat, which should be kept at a bare minimum. During the week I don't take in any saturated fat, minimal unsaturated fat, and supplement with fish oil to stay healthy. Fast food has absolutely no place in a healthy diet.

Good read........thanks.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
you bastard....I smell that much food in one day and I put on weight...

Me too, but I'd rather have a little self-control and be able to keep a little muscle on my frame.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
....I am at the point that if I eat any crap food I feel like crap physically afterwards...
As cliched as it is, you truly are what you eat. You can even take it a step further like 01WC does, and get the ol' heart into it. I'm getting back into my morning jogs, and before long I'll get to the point that I feel sluggish if I don't run. I get used to being energized all day, and it actually helps regulate my sleep patterns and metabolism. Cheat days are leave me feeling a little less guilty as well.

Quote:
...I don't think I will ever be below 200#, I am just not built that way eventhough I am relatively short...if I could get to 220# or so, I would be happy.
If you tell yourself that then you certainly won't. The mind is a very powerful part of the fitness eqution, and if you aren't in it fully, you'll make concessions and bad meal decisions that will keep you from your goal. Our body composition is the one thing that we have 100% complete control of in our lives, it's up to you to get off your ass and push harder towards your goal.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 01:57 PM

Fatcalories.com is a great site to check the values of fast foods...
hahaha the garlic sauce you put on pizza has more fat calories then a large loaded pizza!! 450 fat calories
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

Quote:
you bastard....I smell that much food in one day and I put on weight...
Yeah its a curse really. While having the ability to eat all that is awsome the cost is outragous.

For me to eat for a day its a minimum of 25-30 bucks a day. I have tried to do dollar menu things but ill spend just as much on that as i would a big burger or sandwich.

94 Z71-dd
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

i am trying a low carb diet right now but i have noticed i eat constantly all day. I am off work today and have had about 5 meals since i got up at 930 and its 230 now

94 Z71-dd
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
I guess that is true, but at the same time, I do think heredity has a little bit to do with it. I am trying not to concentrate so much on how much I weigh but how big my waist is. I seem to have hit a wall with my weight loss..I seem stuck around 255# or so, but I feel like my waist is still shrinking. I haven't seem much progress over the last few months, but I am keeping on, keeping on. Problem is, I don't really have a lot of time or energy to get to the gym. I try and go 3 times a week, but being a single parent kind of puts some limitations on what you can and can't accomplish.

Genetics will control your minimum waist size duet to bone structure, and how/where you store fat, but we all how the ability to control how much fat we store. Diet is the #1 factor. Exercise definitely helps make up for dietary short comings, but count your calories, eat often, and keep it clean. At one point I had the exact same attitude, I thought that I was destined to stay around 15% bodyfat. After a serious look at my diet, and cardio regimen, and a dose of self control, I'm abel to maintain 10% off season, and am well on my way to 7-8% for lake season.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash
i am trying a low carb diet right now but i have noticed i eat constantly all day. I am off work today and have had about 5 meals since i got up at 930 and its 230 now

What sucks about low carb diets is that carbs are the cheap part of your diet. Rice and oatmeal cost cents per meal, as aopposed to about 3$ for a chicken breast.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

Quote:
What sucks about low carb diets is that carbs are the cheap part of your diet. Rice and oatmeal cost cents per meal, as aopposed to about 3$ for a chicken breast.
werd it sucks

94 Z71-dd
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
I just started the 6 meals a day thing so I am gonna try that for a few weeks.....try that Men's Health program, and see what happens.
There's the key, stay consistent, and you'll see the changes in a week or two. You can't eat perfect one day and expect it to show in the mirror. Another good piece of advice I can give you is to account for every single morsel that you put in to your mouth. Those conveniently forgotten ketchup packets and mini snickers that are snuck in add up. They may not make you fat, but an extra 100 calories a day will halt your losses, especially if you aren't exercisin all that much.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
yea, I am not big on candy any more, that is one good thing...I don't crave the sweets like I did a year ago....Another problem is, I don't really have a set goal...my goal is "lose weight'....maybe I should set a weight and go for it by a certian date.

Specific gols will help you be more specific about your weekly meal plan, and also help you stay on track better. Not knowing specifically how much and what you eat is a good way to go no where.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Rookie

I would eat good but my Capt. always makes these awsome cakes, pies, and banana pudding. mmmmmmmmm

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement