dumbbell workout question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

dumbbell workout question

I was curious to see if someone could set me up a 3-4 days a week full body workout with just dumbells only, unfortunately living in an apartment there is not room for a full machine so i think i am just going use my dumbbells and the bench that i already have.....i also have been riding at least 5 miles a day on a stationary bike....so any advise on dumbell only workout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Baller

Do all of the same lifts you would normally do with any other resistance exercise just with dumbells.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Texan

GENIUS

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Time Served

Dumbbell bench, flat, incline, decline and fly's 4 sets of 8-10 reps. Military 4 sets of 8-10, Arnold press 4 sets 8-10, You can do trap flys, front fly's, shrugs, You can do everything you want on dumbbells, just like you can on barbell bench. If you want to get stronger, add weight and decrease the reps to 5-6. Its good to mix it, do what they call pyramid, do one set 8-10, add weight and do 5-6 then decrease weight and do 8-10. Heres what i do example, on military my first set is 8-10, then I do 5-6, then I do 3-5, then back to 8-10. Use what weight you feel you can lift until you reach muscle exhaustion.

2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Hired Hand

How many dumbells do you have access to? If it's just the lighter stuff, I'd recommend a full body routine 3 times per week, but if you've got the heavier ones, you can do more of a growth routine, and split up bodyparts.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Lifer

I hate dumbbell work outs, but thats what i have resorted to since i can't find any one reliable to work out with to spot. I just do all the normal stuff but with dumbbells, it does seem to work your forearms a shit ton more. Word of advice though be careful when doing military. I pulled the shit out of a muscle in high school doing this, weight shifted back and i could not let go in time.

02-z28
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

we bought a full set of dumbbells from 5-95 pounds, and i would like to focus more on a growth type workout session, i have always focused on full body before but now i want to try to bulk up a bit
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary
we bought a full set of dumbbells from 5-95 pounds, and i would like to focus more on a growth type workout session, i have always focused on full body before but now i want to try to bulk up a bit

Pick two body parts a workout, and do 3-4 exercises for each bodypart, consisting of 4 sets of 8 reps. Working with dumbells will allow you to get a little closer to failure without having to worry about getting trapped, jsut don't smack yourself in the face. I currently do a 4 days on/3 days of rest routine.

day 1 - legs/calves/abs
day 2 - shoulders/triceps
day 3 - cardio/abs
day 4 - back/lats/traps
day 5 - cardio/abs
day 6 - chest/biceps
day 7 - rest

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Pick two body parts a workout, and do 3-4 exercises for each bodypart, consisting of 4 sets of 8 reps. Working with dumbells will allow you to get a little closer to failure without having to worry about getting trapped, jsut don't smack yourself in the face. I currently do a 4 days on/3 days of rest routine.

day 1 - legs/calves/abs
day 2 - shoulders/triceps
day 3 - cardio/abs
day 4 - back/lats/traps
day 5 - cardio/abs
day 6 - chest/biceps
day 7 - rest

+1, Kinda looks like my workout routine. Only thing i do different is I do chest with tri's.

2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement