Well I finally did it! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Smile Well I finally did it!

Well, I just started my new workout program tonight and I am going to pay the price come morning. But I need to do this and I am glad that my friends pushed me to get back into this. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 12:37 AM
Sir Clavin

good job man. it may seem hard to get started, but the hardest thing is to keep doing it. if you skip one day, the you may skip two, and then eventually you quit going. so getchyo bigass in tha gym playa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 12:38 AM
Officer Bob

Stay with the dark side.

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by [CS]ls1haha
good job man. it may seem hard to get started, but the hardest thing is to keep doing it. if you skip one day, the you may skip two, and then eventually you quit going. so getchyo bigass in tha gym playa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I don't plan on stopping, I already payed for the full year, that and I want to shape my boby. right now my arms can't extend straight out, but that is ok soon the soreness will be gone and the muscle toning will start...
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 12:28 PM
Boomhauer's evil twin

I'm not fat; I'm big boned! Beefcake!
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Floored...

Good Job Chris. Keep it up.

I let myself go for the past few months and just did cardio last nite @ the gym to get back into it.

I am also going to make myself stick to it. Its really amazing how much more control you can take of your life once you dedicate yourself to that physical transformation. Its so much easier to just NOT do anything and eat crap all the time.

Hell, even getting to the gym is less of a battle than eating properly. That was my biggest obsticle when I was working out for a good 8 weeks solid. Had I kept a better diet the whole time, my body fat % would have been much lower.

Good luck and congrats on doing it!
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 12:44 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman

Well, I don't plan on stopping, I already payed for the full year, that and I want to shape my boby. right now my arms can't extend straight out, but that is ok soon the soreness will be gone and the muscle toning will start...
Kewl Chris...Pretty soon you'll notice a big change and I bet you'll even feel better (after this soreness stage)

Keep it up. You're motivating me as well.

Karen
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Thanks all.

All I can say is that MetroFlex Gym is the shizznit. They are very helpful and they don't bs you there. It is what a real gym is, not that 30 bikes, 20 treadmills, and 10 machine weight crap, this gym is all about doing it the old fashioned way, by working hard and keeping with it.

Tonight I get to do the legs and arms , still sore as hell on my arms, and lower back. All I can say is that I am starting to feel better, like when I used to play football. can't wait to see how I feel when I get past the soreness.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 01:14 PM

Damn, I thought you were gonna tell us you finally got a date. j/k

That is awesome man, just stay with it.

Stephanie
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangal01gt
Damn, I thought you were gonna tell us you finally got a date. j/k

Stephanie
No if that happened I would still be doing backfilps right now, but I do have a date tonight, too bad it is with a trainer
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 01:23 PM
Floored...

Quote:
but I do have a date tonight, too bad it is with a trainer
I thought you liked big strong men?
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil

I thought you liked big strong men?
who me? nope, but I do like a woman that is strong just not crazy with all the body building shit, that is gross to me.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 01:30 PM

That's cool. Stick with it. It seems hard to reach goals, and I thought I never would. I've gained 20 lbs since Sept (yes, I wanted to), though it's hard for me when I see myself everyday. It's also nice when other people compliment you. =)
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 09:22 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
That's cool. Stick with it. It seems hard to reach goals, and I thought I never would. I've gained 20 lbs since Sept (yes, I wanted to), though it's hard for me when I see myself everyday. It's also nice when other people compliment you. =)
Where exactly did you gain 20 lbs? I don't see it

2002 Z28 M6
2005 GSXR600
--Sponsored by Bonestock Racing
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
hell you can have 20 more from me if you like, I am trying to lose the weight and tone up, not trying to build mass or get real strong, no need for that in my opinion.
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 09:24 PM
Small Fry

Your destroying 10!?
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by breadfan35
Your destroying 10!?
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 09:34 PM
Small Fry

Quote:
Hahaha!!
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by breadfan35

Hahaha!!
well have no clue as to what that means

you going to clue me in or just keep winking at me
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 10:24 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:

well have no clue as to what that means

you going to clue me in or just keep winking at me
Breadfan likes winking at guys....

<-------Found that out Saturday at the mall.
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Small Fry

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger

Breadfan likes winking at guys....

<-------Found that out Saturday at the mall.
I didn't wink at any guys! ^One Loco Frog!
post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 10:54 PM

Re: Huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonska

Where exactly did you gain 20 lbs? I don't see it
Do I know you? =)
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Well Day 2 is done. now I walk funny, and not in a gay way for all the fockers out there. My legs are kind of wobbly(sp?) and my back is tightening up, but I am feeling better, seems strange that it works that way
post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Well Day 2 is done. now I walk funny, and not in a gay way for all the fockers out there. My legs are kind of wobbly(sp?) and my back is tightening up, but I am feeling better, seems strange that it works that way
After the third week, the pain you describe goes away. But you have to keep going regularly.
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:

After the third week, the pain you describe goes away. But you have to keep going regularly.
you got to be shitting me, I have THREE WEEKS of this, no fucking way. I thought the pain was for a week, a week and a half tops but damn, I am gonna be hating life for a while I guess.
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:13 AM

Quote:

you got to be shitting me, I have THREE WEEKS of this, no fucking way. I thought the pain was for a week, a week and a half tops but damn, I am gonna be hating life for a while I guess.
It tapers off after each time u work out each muscle group. 3 weeks was when I really noticed no pain. And I also didn't start working out as often as I am now. So many factors. =)
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Oh damn, well I am going to the gym 5 days a week, and 1 day of my two off days is for running, not likely, or playing basketball for a few hours. so I am really working out 6 days I guess, I just want the pain in arms to go away. the legs don't bother me as much it is the damn arms that hurt so freaking much
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Oh damn, well I am going to the gym 5 days a week, and 1 day of my two off days is for running, not likely, or playing basketball for a few hours. so I am really working out 6 days I guess, I just want the pain in arms to go away. the legs don't bother me as much it is the damn arms that hurt so freaking much
Just go lightly with your arms to start, don't use max weight, and don't totally fatigue them. Also, keep them moving in between sets. I forgot what it's called, but when that sets in your muscles, that's what makes u feel pain.
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:

Just go lightly with your arms to start, don't use max weight, and don't totally fatigue them. Also, keep them moving in between sets. I forgot what it's called, but when that sets in your muscles, that's what makes u feel pain.
that is what I am doing I am going light right now, and the messed up thing is that me left arm which should be stronger is weaker than my right. I did pull my tricep about 2 months ago, and it was a bad pull, but damn when I bench I have trouble with the left side of thebar
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:34 AM

Quote:

that is what I am doing I am going light right now, and the messed up thing is that me left arm which should be stronger is weaker than my right. I did pull my tricep about 2 months ago, and it was a bad pull, but damn when I bench I have trouble with the left side of thebar
Make sure not to put too much strain on it now. I have some trouble with presses because of some cartilage in my shoulder rolling over the joint. Messes with my form, and I really have to pay attention.
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:56 AM

Quote:

can't wait to see how I feel when I get past the soreness.
You never really get past the soreness. If your working out and lifting hard, most likely you will be feeling the pain for 2 days. Second day is a killer! I don't like being sore, but then again I do because I know I'm doing something right.
post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 01:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by FbodLover

I don't like being sore, but then again I do because I know I'm doing something right.
Are you sore between your legs?
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by FbodLover

You never really get past the soreness. If your working out and lifting hard, most likely you will be feeling the pain for 2 days. Second day is a killer! I don't like being sore, but then again I do because I know I'm doing something right.
well when I used to work out all the time back in school I was sore for about 2 weeks or so, but then I was only sore right after the workout and it would go away in about an hour. I am just waiting for that day to come back.
post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:15 AM
Im Not Fat Im Big Boned !

Dang I hear ya man Im workin out again too I have to get into shape for this coming hockey season and I have 15 more lbs to lose I have lost 10 so far in the last month and a half I have been doing all my stretches and weights and dieting a little more but its all paying off. Staying away from Dr Pepper is helping too damn that stuff can kill you I only have like 1 every other day !
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Cujo_64
Dang I hear ya man Im workin out again too I have to get into shape for this coming hockey season and I have 15 more lbs to lose I have lost 10 so far in the last month and a half I have been doing all my stretches and weights and dieting a little more but its all paying off. Staying away from Dr Pepper is helping too damn that stuff can kill you I only have like 1 every other day !
man I had to cut out sodas a year ago, so I know how hard that is, I just have to start my diet back up and not looking forward to it let me tell you
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:25 AM
SUPER PIMP

Congrats Chris You will make it! I used to be in good shape when I played ball to but I let my self go since I moved to TX but Now I figure psssh I might as well eat like a pig cuz when June rolls around I wont be able to and Ill be back in shape. Im getting my workout for free compliments of Air Force.
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cujo_64
Staying away from Dr Pepper is helping too damn that stuff can kill you I only have like 1 every other day !
I rarely drink coke or any drink like that. Not even once a week. If you cut that out it will make a difference too.
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by SN95STANG
Congrats Chris You will make it! I used to be in good shape when I played ball to but I let my self go since I moved to TX but Now I figure psssh I might as well eat like a pig cuz when June rolls around I wont be able to and Ill be back in shape. Im getting my workout for free compliments of Air Force.
I was going to join the service but alas I have these damn flat feet and I love this one, I have to lose weight before I join, i told him well that is part of the reason I wanted to join. So I have to do it the hard way being self motivated.
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:34 AM

Quote:

I was going to join the service but alas I have these damn flat feet and I love this one, I have to lose weight before I join, i told him well that is part of the reason I wanted to join. So I have to do it the hard way being self motivated.
You know what they say about guys with flat feet, right?
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:38 AM
Lifer

Congratulations

That's awesome. I'm starting to do some cardio work too. I've gain some weight in the past few months and I feel icky. Hopefully I can stick to it. I have no will power!!
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 11:44 AM
Lifer

When I stopped drinking Dr. Pepper and Coke and started drinking gatorade and water I noticed a weight change! Like 5 lbs in a month!
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Boomhauer's evil twin

Re: Congratulations

Quote:
Originally posted by GTChick01
That's awesome. I'm starting to do some cardio work too. I've gain some weight in the past few months and I feel icky. Hopefully I can stick to it. I have no will power!!
If you'd quit with those strawberry shakes, from McDonalds, you might not feel so "icky." BTW, it's not like you even exercise walking to the car, because you have Jared go and fetch your McDonalds for you!
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 01:07 PM

Chris,
That's great I know that you have wanted to do this for
some time now!!!! Best of luck & if you ever need someone
to work out with let me know. I work out @ 24hr fitness ,
Chris W. & Lee also work out there. I would be more than
happy to have someone to hit the treadmill with
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 01:10 PM
Floored...

Quote:

Chris, whats happening is you are literally tearing up your muscle fibers and your body has to repair them. This causes your muscles to get bigger and stronger each time you repeat that cycle.

To minimize the time of recovery, you need to be taking in at least 150 to 200 grams of protein per day, plenty of water, and some creatine would help too.

I would recommend a protein smoothie/drink with about 50 grams of protein (your body can't absorb more than about 50 @ each sitting, unless you take some ginger root with it, and then you up that to about 80 grams) about 30 mins before working out, and then again AS SOON as you finish your workout. Not only will it give you the energy you need, it will give your body some protein to use while your working out and the second drink will replenish what was used before.

If you want the max results, you're going to need to use supplements.

EAS Myoplex protein drinks are good, as is their Phosphogen HP creatine product. Take the creatine the same time you are sucking down a smoothie for maximum creatine delivery. Go read "Body for Life" by Bill Philips. Its got a ton of good advice about working out and supplementing your diet, and also dieting. Its about 20 bucks @ the store or 15 if you order it online. Damn good reference.

Good luck.
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 01:14 PM

Matt .... where the he!! did that come from??????????
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil

Chris, whats happening is you are literally tearing up your muscle fibers and your body has to repair them. This causes your muscles to get bigger and stronger each time you repeat that cycle.

To minimize the time of recovery, you need to be taking in at least 150 to 200 grams of protein per day, plenty of water, and some creatine would help too.

I would recommend a protein smoothie/drink with about 50 grams of protein (your body can't absorb more than about 50 @ each sitting, unless you take some ginger root with it, and then you up that to about 80 grams) about 30 mins before working out, and then again AS SOON as you finish your workout. Not only will it give you the energy you need, it will give your body some protein to use while your working out and the second drink will replenish what was used before.

If you want the max results, you're going to need to use supplements.

EAS Myoplex protein drinks are good, as is their Phosphogen HP creatine product. Take the creatine the same time you are sucking down a smoothie for maximum creatine delivery. Go read "Body for Life" by Bill Philips. Its got a ton of good advice about working out and supplementing your diet, and also dieting. Its about 20 bucks @ the store or 15 if you order it online. Damn good reference.

Good luck.
Mr. Evil is right. I think that's how I gained most of my weight. Myoplex is good for 42 grams in just one shake. Also, load up on some protein bars like Met-Rx that have 32. But most important, make sure to eat good, and try to eat 5 smaller meals a day, not 3 big ones. That's the hardest thing I'm struggling with now.
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:

Mr. Evil is right. I think that's how I gained most of my weight. Myoplex is good for 42 grams in just one shake. Also, load up on some protein bars like Met-Rx that have 32. But most important, make sure to eat good, and try to eat 5 smaller meals a day, not 3 big ones. That's the hardest thing I'm struggling with now.
well that is what I am doing, the 5 meals a day thing, starting sunday. I used to eat just one meal a day but the trainer is on my back about eating 4 to 5 times a day and in small helpings.

but my trainer says to not get the protein shakes just yet he says that I should do the diet for at least 2 weeks and then we will add the shakes in.

oh yea I did legs today and I am not going anywhere, legs are all rubbery, I look like I just got raped in prison.
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by sweetie
Chris,
That's great I know that you have wanted to do this for
some time now!!!! Best of luck & if you ever need someone
to work out with let me know. I work out @ 24hr fitness ,
Chris W. & Lee also work out there. I would be more than
happy to have someone to hit the treadmill with
I was going to join 24 hour but that start up fee, and then monthly fee is just crazy. I joind Metro Flex for the sum of $214.50 for a full year membership, no monthly fees. This is a real gym not some bs club that gay guys go to meet new BF or girls go to hit on the guys, this is for people who are serious about working out and improving themselves. All I can say is that I might be sore now, but in a few weeks this will be all cake.
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-21-2002, 09:57 AM

Come to think of it there are alot of gay guys there.
But I think most of them work @ LaBare !!!
Well, anyways good luck.
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

well I finished out my week today, so now I have sunday off, and start all over again on monday. all I can say is that I feel like an old man, when I get home, I have to use that damn Icey Hott stuff. oh well so goes the story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement