Should Diet Green Tea be calculated in as water consumption - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Should Diet Green Tea be calculated in as water consumption

I am trying to figure out how much water I take in daily, but I have recently got addicted to the diet green tea's from Lipton. I know that tea is mainly water, but I also know it's a diuretic, so do they cancel each other out?

2005 GSXR-750 for sale...check classifieds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Lifer

i don't. I only count pure water. I love the shit out of those tea's also. I quit making tea and just drink those with meals.

02-z28
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Hired Hand

You sure ask alot of basic questions for being such an in shape badass...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsslt1
I have yet to see any good advice.

I like the post "best fat burners" and nobody has shit to say other then work out. HAHAHA. They should kill this section, because it's been dead for a while.

8/16/05
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 PM
not exclude

You can count them as they will be adding to your net water intake. The diuretic affect is not going to completely negate it. How much it negates it will vary greatly from person to person. So it will be hard to accurate add them to any tally of water intake.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
You sure ask alot of basic questions for being such an in shape badass...
you sure dont have answers to these basic questions most of the time

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
You can count them as they will be adding to your net water intake. The diuretic affect is not going to completely negate it. How much it negates it will vary greatly from person to person. So it will be hard to accurate add them to any tally of water intake.
thanks, i have switched over to the off brand crystal lite for the most part (only drinking 2 or so d-green teas a day now). trying to shave off some water weight for spring break, so gotta make sure that im takin in enough water (more water = less water retention).

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
you sure dont have answers to these basic questions most of the time

Use the search funtion, I help as often as I can. I just don't like this two-faced bullshit of calling the forum worthless, and full of out of shape fat asses, yet you keep coming back for advice.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

i took that back and inserted my foot in my mouth, i admit, this forum does have some good info/people in it, esp. for a quick question like this one...only problem i have now is i get gang banged everytime i ask something, but so be it, i guess i could leave for a week or two and come back as frssls1 or something...but i really dont get upset about this shit, kinda adds a new element to the forum, rather then just advice i get advice and insulted...two for one deal!

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Lifer

Some of the green tea's are caffeine-free, which I would think helps a little.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 06:15 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
thanks, i have switched over to the off brand crystal lite for the most part (only drinking 2 or so d-green teas a day now). trying to shave off some water weight for spring break, so gotta make sure that im takin in enough water (more water = less water retention).
In your other thread you said your sodium intake is 7200 mgs a day and you are worried about the diuretic effect of green tea?

1. Cut your sodium way down.
2. Drink a gallon or two of water a day
3. Drink black tea or coffee for the diuretic effect
4. Sweat until your sweat taste like water and not salt
5. In your other thread your carbs were dismal which probably means your fiber grams are dismal as well. Fiber cleans out the colon/intestinal tracts and aids in the removal of excess water
6. Rub some Preparation H on your stomach before your cardio.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Time Served

Rub some Preparation H on your stomach before your cardio.

why do that?

01 F250 4x4
89gt SOLD!!!!
91gt Sold

I VOLUNTEER TO FIGHT WHAT YOU FEAR!!!!!!!!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Lifer

thats what i was wondering.

02-z28
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:10 PM
NES Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin6135
thats what i was wondering.
I would guess either because it's cheaper than cutting gel, or because 01WC thinks frsslt1 is an ass.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangol
I would guess either because it's cheaper than cutting gel, or because 01WC thinks frsslt1 is an ass.
Now... now...

Preparation H works because it relieves the fluid build of a hemmarhoid (or how ever the hell you spell it). So... if you have some water under your skin... well... it will it as well.

Don't know if it really would work or not but I couldn't think of a better person to use as a test case.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 AM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Now... now...

Preparation H works because it relieves the fluid build of a hemmarhoid (or how ever the hell you spell it). So... if you have some water under your skin... well... it will it as well.

Don't know if it really would work or not but I couldn't think of a better person to use as a test case.

just from what it does it should work....

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Animalistic Intensitiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangol

That is because frsslt1 is an ass.

Joe.

2000 2v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
WTF IS A FISTING? Like a fight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
A fight to get his/her fist in your twat...
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

and now this thread is complete, i got advice and insulted...sweet...thanks guys!

btw- 01WhiteCobra i have since recalculated my sodium intake and it is much closer to normal levels (and since i have swapped out my canned vegi's for fresh i think i am at or below 2500mg), but in any case, why did you make mention to that and then the diuretic effect of my green tea?

plus, since we are on the diruetic topic, will that help or hurt, i have gotten conflicting info, obviously one would assume that it would help since a diruetic does just that, cuts down the water your body holds, but then i have also read that your bodies natural defense mechanism is stronger then the diuretic and will cause your body to go into survival mode and store even more water. i dont puprosely take a diuretic, but i do take in a good amount of caffiene through my supplementation.

any advice (and accompaning insults) will be greatly appreciated

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:41 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
btw- 01WhiteCobra i have since recalculated my sodium intake and it is much closer to normal levels (and since i have swapped out my canned vegi's for fresh i think i am at or below 2500mg), but in any case, why did you make mention to that and then the diuretic effect of my green tea?

plus, since we are on the diruetic topic, will that help or hurt, i have gotten conflicting info, obviously one would assume that it would help since a diruetic does just that, cuts down the water your body holds, but then i have also read that your bodies natural defense mechanism is stronger then the diuretic and will cause your body to go into survival mode and store even more water. i dont puprosely take a diuretic, but i do take in a good amount of caffiene through my supplementation.

any advice (and accompaning insults) will be greatly appreciated
Excess sodium is a major factor in water retention. If your diet contains excess sodium you are defeating the purpose of any other efforts.

As far as the diuretic effects of green tea... it is minimal and probably in good balance. What you are trying to do is create an efficient "pump" in hydration. You want to take water in (1-2 gallons a day) and force it out the other end without being retained. Small amounts of diuretics will help. Excess diuretics, like anything else in excess, isn't a good thing. Moderation is the key.

Same with fiber in your diet. If you are retaining water in your gut you will get the "bloated look" (or as I term it the "fat skinny look"). Gathering up enough fiber in your diet will help draw water out of your gut.

Again, what you are trying to do is great a very efficient hydration pump in your body. You don't want the water hanging around you want it used and expelled as fast as possible. If train yourself to be a veyr efficient hydration pump you don't have to worry about retaining water because your body doesn't ever go into "emergency mode."

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

thanks, great response btw.

even though its only been 2 days since i have really cut down my sodium and upped my water intake, i can already tell its working, not because i am anymore cut up, but because my sweat production has sky rocketed, i used to be able to get through an intense work out and then some cardio and have barely sweated much at all, now i am fuckin drenched by the time i get out of there. i am assuming once my body realizes the changes are permanent i will start seeing some good results from the lower sodium/higher water intake. btw-i am getting over 50g's of fiber in my diet daily, enough?

thanks again

Quote:
Excess sodium is a major factor in water retention. If your diet contains excess sodium you are defeating the purpose of any other efforts.

As far as the diuretic effects of green tea... it is minimal and probably in good balance. What you are trying to do is create an efficient "pump" in hydration. You want to take water in (1-2 gallons a day) and force it out the other end without being retained. Small amounts of diuretics will help. Excess diuretics, like anything else in excess, isn't a good thing. Moderation is the key.

Same with fiber in your diet. If you are retaining water in your gut you will get the "bloated look" (or as I term it the "fat skinny look"). Gathering up enough fiber in your diet will help draw water out of your gut.

Again, what you are trying to do is great a very efficient hydration pump in your body. You don't want the water hanging around you want it used and expelled as fast as possible. If train yourself to be a veyr efficient hydration pump you don't have to worry about retaining water because your body doesn't ever go into "emergency mode."

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Rookie

If you have to drink plan water to count as water than i dont drink any.

I do however drink at least 2 liters of Kool-Aid Red every single day.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 08:15 PM
\(_o)/

Quote:
6. Rub some Preparation H on your stomach before your cardio.
lmfao

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
lmfao
Telling you... I'm going to find someone to try it out.

The science is there. Preparation H works because it draws the fluid out of the hemorrhoids. I bet it will draw water out of your midsection as well.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Telling you... I'm going to find someone to try it out.

The science is there. Preparation H works because it draws the fluid out of the hemorrhoids. I bet it will draw water out of your midsection as well.

I posed this question on a BB forum that I troll, and though a few guys have tried this a day out from competition, and results were minimal. As one guy pointed out, Preparation H is made up primarily of lubricants, and a vaso-restrictor. This means that it reduces the inflamation by restricting blood flow to the site, not by pulling out water. The last thing you want to do when doing cardio is to restrict blood flow.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

do i need to count the Gallon of gasoline i syphon out of my gas tank every morning as liquid intake? or not?

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 07:34 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
I posed this question on a BB forum that I troll, and though a few guys have tried this a day out from competition, and results were minimal. As one guy pointed out, Preparation H is made up primarily of lubricants, and a vaso-restrictor. This means that it reduces the inflamation by restricting blood flow to the site, not by pulling out water. The last thing you want to do when doing cardio is to restrict blood flow.
Dude, you really know who to ruin a good practical joke.

Actually, I think the reason people use Prep H to reduce swelling (before Prep H was reformulated) was because the active ingredient in Prep H was live yeast cell (YCL). Now, Prep H uses phenylephrine HCl (also used in nasal decongestants).

But if you look over the bodybuilding sites you will still find people that swear by Preparation H as a cutter.

Whether YCL reduces water retention is up for a debate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement