Poll? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Poll?

any new supplements out there that you would recommend? i see adds for everything under the sun... just looking for personal experience with some of this stuff.. ( cutting up , strength, mass, whatever)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Time Served

fat burners, any, and every kind!

2005 GSXR-750 for sale...check classifieds
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Time Served

okay, seriously though, these are what i consider to be the most popular.

1-glutamine (spares lean muscle loss when cutting)
2-creatine (a paragraph should/could be written here)
3-bcaa's (found in most protein powders, good post workout amino acid)
4-alpha lupic acids (prevents free radicals, good when cutting)
5-zma (controversial, supposed to increase natural anabolic levels when taken 30 mins before bed, side effects are some whacky ass dreams)
6-no2 (increase vascular activity, pumps, and if taken in something like noexplod, has caffeine to help with your workout)

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Hired Hand

Your question is a bit broad, what are your specific short-term and long-term goals?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

re

i know about the basics like, bcaa, glutamine,pre- work out(no2) lots of protein>>> was just interested if anyone had tried something new 2 the market that they really liked?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:34 PM
not exclude

In my experience, a great majority of stuff "new to the market" is either a different mix of the old stuff, completely worthless, or not worth the risk until more is known about it. Supplements are not well goverened.

I stick with the tried and true. The science hasn't changed that much and what used to work still works.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:34 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeramy
i know about the basics like, bcaa, glutamine,pre- work out(no2) lots of protein>>> was just interested if anyone had tried something new 2 the market that they really liked?
I really like getting a balanced diet with an occasional protein mix when I don't eat right along with some Fish Oil/Vitamin E/Vitamin C stack a few times a day along with glutamine after workouts.

Saves a lot of money.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Baller

I've heard good stuff about NO-Xplode....not too new, but its not old either. Never personally tried it. I usually stick to just protein.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Time Served

for energy i love no explode and animal pump!!! they really work for me atleast
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Time Served

NO-Eplod is pretty good, I actually LOVE how the lemon lime taste, I mean I really really like it. It makes your vains stick out like a mofo and if you believe in it, it works, if you doubt it, then you probably wont notice shit. It is just too expensive for a little motivation IMO. Search bodybuilding.com for supplements and see what you can find, of coarse they are trying to sell all of them, so take it with a grain of salt.

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsslt1
NO-Eplod is pretty good, I actually LOVE how the lemon lime taste, I mean I really really like it. It makes your vains stick out like a mofo and if you believe in it, it works, if you doubt it, then you probably wont notice shit. It is just too expensive for a little motivation IMO. Search bodybuilding.com for supplements and see what you can find, of coarse they are trying to sell all of them, so take it with a grain of salt.
this is possibly the DUMBEST post i have ever read.. how does Faith in a suppliment affect how it works or not.. either it affects your body or not.. thats like me saying " i just drank a V8.. i have FAITH its going to make me gain 50lbs of lean mass".. LOL..

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:09 AM
HPP = GHEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning
this is possibly the DUMBEST post i have ever read.. how does Faith in a suppliment affect how it works or not.. either it affects your body or not.. thats like me saying " i just drank a V8.. i have FAITH its going to make me gain 50lbs of lean mass".. LOL..

NO FUCKING JOKE!!!

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Time Served

"Works by inducing the strongest and most advanced nitric oxide, creatine, and body-mind stimulating surge ever developed in a supplement."

Body-mind stimulating surge...if you believe in the shit, I fully believe that you can and will push your self harder just because you think your more capable while on it. Anything involving the MIND can be intensified or the effects reduced based on your attitude towards it...same reason people who try drugs out for the first time often have totally different effects (if they know that the shit is going to work they try to feel the effects more, examining how better how their body is effected, netting in a better/worse experience).

If you still disagree, I couldn't give less of a shit, so spare me...

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:43 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

are you arguing that the placebo effect is an important part of supplementation?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:47 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
"Works by inducing the strongest and most advanced nitric oxide, creatine, and body-mind stimulating surge ever developed in a supplement."

Body-mind stimulating surge...if you believe in the shit, I fully believe that you can and will push your self harder just because you think your more capable while on it. Anything involving the MIND can be intensified or the effects reduced based on your attitude towards it...same reason people who try drugs out for the first time often have totally different effects (if they know that the shit is going to work they try to feel the effects more, examining how better how their body is effected, netting in a better/worse experience).

Score another one for the dumbass.

Do some research on nitric oxide and see why there is a "body-mind simulating surge." Has nothing to do with imposing your beliefs that a supplement works or not.

Not to mention the bucket load of caffeine per dose.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Time Served

Animal stack is good, also follow it with twinlab amino fuel. 30 bux for the stack and 9 for the fuel

97 GT ICEMAN C/A , ART CARR TRAN W/STALL , DEMON EC, 31 SPLINE REAR W/4:10'S , UNDERDRIVES & WHOLE LOT " HERE WE GO"

92 EAGLE TALON 2.0 AWD 5spd ,16G TURBO, 100 SHOT SPRAY.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:

It's a good thing you dont care.. because its not that i dont agree with you.. i think you are a complete idiot and should shut your pie hole because some one might believe the bullshit you are spewing forth.

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Hired Hand

Funny how you continually tell us how little you care, yet you care enough to continually tell us how little you care.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
I have faith I'm going to lose 10lbs of fat today. I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, most generic thread title ever.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Time Served

If you spent 50 bucks to get what essentially was placebo effect, and it got you over your plateau, was it worth it?

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Stang
If you spent 50 bucks to get what essentially was placebo effect, and it got you over your plateau, was it worth it?
if it gets you over a plateau i guess it depends on your funds...im not sure the only effect of noexplod is based on "thinking it works", i think that it does work (not well enough for me to keep purchasing it though), but i have talked to many skeptics who say it does not work, i reason that if you take something and have no faith in it, it probably doesnít help the effectiveness...could just be non-responders or could be the placebo effect!

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
i reason that if you take something and have no faith in it, it probably doesnít help the effectiveness...could just be non-responders or could be the placebo effect!

Not that anyone would buy a supplement not believeing in it, but the only way it would have a negative effect is if you let it effect your workout. Try squeezing 500mg of test in your ass per week, tell yourself it won't do anything, and I bet you still get stronger and bigger.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Baller

focus is one of the biggest factors of a heavy weight workout...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement