losing a few pounds - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
wassup gangstas?

losing a few pounds

Ok, so i got into it with a prisoner the other day and noticed after i had him cuffed that i was a bit tired. Ive decided i wanna get rid of about 10-15lbs. My question is which way should i approach this.

should i do cardio about 3-4 times a week (if i start doing it too much then my knee starts bothering me cause of multiple surgeries), hit the weights, and continue what im eating just less of it.

or

should i do the cardio, weights, and start counting calories?

Im not going to sit here and say i eat healthy shit because i generally eat at a resturant every day because i never know when im going to have a chance to eat lunch or where. I have decided im not going to drink anymore alcohol until st. patties day though. So with that said any input would be appreciated!

(note: no i dont eat doughnuts )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:57 AM
\(_o)/

I know its been said time and time again, but it is very true. Eating right is the first step to being healthier and losing weight. It is SO much easier to just learn how to eat right ( non processed foods vs processed ), and to keep eating keeping your body from storing junk and burning the food. The majority of weight loss doesn't come from excrement, but from being burnt off as heat, jump starting your metabolism via eating more and healthier is the best way to keep the furnace burning.

Last edited by AbecX; 02-22-2007 at 08:39 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Time Served

Try a cross trainer and your knees will not hurt so bad. It will also burn more calories than a bike and most other machines. Eat slim fast in morning, and for snack, then can of tuna with fat free crackers for lunch. Fruit to snack and then small dinner. DO NOT eat within 4 hrs. of going to bed (just doing this alone helps alot). Good Luck

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Hired Hand

Your diet is more important than cardio for maintaining a particular body composition. Doing regular cardio is good for your heart and stamina, but if you don't get your diet in check, you'll be a fatass that can run farther.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewozzy
I have decided im not going to drink anymore alcohol until st. patties day though.
That's only less than a month.

you can do ittttt!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
wassup gangstas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector lavoe
That's only less than a month.

you can do ittttt!!!
haha i know but concidering i was drinking about every other day then thats a good start. anyways im gunna try what yall said and see what happens. this is the first time ive really tried to lose weight when i played football in college i was always trying to gain it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement