Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	73628  

Buying dogs kills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Bitter Italian

Badass!

Congrats on the belt man. How long have you traind with Nate?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Badass!

Congrats on the belt man. How long have you traind with Nate?
Thanks! I competed in my first gi tournament in the intermediate division last week and got my ass handed to me in the first match. In the second match, I waited too long to make my move and got beat on points. What I am trying to say is the belt looks good with a white gi but it didn't improve my game any. I got it all on tape so I know what I need to change. Time to kick it up a notch

I have been training with Nate for almost two years now. I love the environment there. I have only run into a couple of jackasses there and after I got to know them, they turned out to be pretty cool dudes.

Buying dogs kills.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 05:56 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
Thanks! I competed in my first gi tournament in the intermediate division last week and got my ass handed to me in the first match. In the second match, I waited too long to make my move and got beat on points. What I am trying to say is the belt looks good with a white gi but it didn't improve my game any. I got it all on tape so I know what I need to change. Time to kick it up a notch
Congrats on the belt and competing.

Give yourself some time and gain some tourney experience. Shit is different than when you are just training.

I got a friend who is competing in his first duathlon with me today (run/bike/run) and he's a decent runner and decent biker. He actually is really good on the bike. I've been trying to teach him strategy for the past couple of weeks and he is just one of those, "balls to the wall, run till you drop" sort of guys. Mashes his pedals, low cadence running/long strides and I've been trying to get his cadences up to 90 RPM.

But he'll end up in the middle pack which he says... "bullshit." But racin' is different than riding laps on the trails with no one around you. He'll find that out in about 4 hours.

Train consistent, get your tourney experience in, and you'll be fine. No that you are starting tourneys its like starting all over again. Good luck.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Time Served

good job bro!! where do you train???
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Congrats on the belt and competing.

Give yourself some time and gain some tourney experience. Shit is different than when you are just training.

Train consistent, get your tourney experience in, and you'll be fine. No that you are starting tourneys its like starting all over again. Good luck.
I agree 100%. I need more than two days of preparation I am trying to get a competition team together so that we can focus on strategy and actually practice our gameplans before the day of the tournament.

I am already taking the steps to correct what needs to be corrected. Nothing stings more than KNOWING that you can take someone but not getting it done because they knew the game better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
good job bro!! where do you train???
Thanks! I train at High Altitude Martial Arts in Denver.

Buying dogs kills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement