Confidence booster... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,113
Confidence booster...

Well...i've been working out pretty consistently for the past month or so...Eating like crazy.

Picked up the bodybugg from 24hour, to get an idea of the calories im burning daily about the same time, and realized i wasnt eating near enough.

Average daily caloric burn is upwards of 3200 without working out. Usually jumps up to over 4000 with a workout.

Well...decided to remeasure and check the progress today....

+6lbs
-2%BF
+1/4inch arms
+1/2inch thighs

Nothing to write home about, but definately some decent progress for a month with my metabolism.

Going to try and double that up the next month...atleast on the BF% and measurements. Not necessarily on the lbs.
Cammin4V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 06:47 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
How tall and how much do you weigh?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Allen
Posts: 148
What kind of foods are you eating?
TwoBit is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 09:29 AM
\(_o)/
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
All 3rd degree questions aside, grats on the progress!

AbecX is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Confidence killer...

No matter how much fat you lose, or muscle you gain, you'll still be ugly.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
How tall and how much do you weigh?
6'1 weighed in at 188.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBit
What kind of foods are you eating?
Anything and everything.
Chicken tacos at least once a day with canned chicken and corn tortillas.
Peanut butter and Jelly as snacks.
Atleast 2 muscle milk shakes a day.
Turkey and Swiss.
Lots of yogurt and string cheese.
NO XPlode.
Eggs.
Lots of juice and milk.
Sunkist.
Cammin4V is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
No matter how much fat you lose, or muscle you gain, you'll still be ugly.
So?
Cammin4V is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Lifer
 
greenrebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: DFW
Posts: 4,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
6'1 weighed in at 188.


Anything and everything.
Chicken tacos at least once a day with canned chicken and corn tortillas.
Peanut butter and Jelly as snacks.
Atleast 2 muscle milk shakes a day.
Turkey and Swiss.
Lots of yogurt and string cheese.
NO XPlode.
Eggs.
Lots of juice and milk.
Sunkist.
Maybe it's just me, but have you thought about actually adding veggies and fruit into your diet? I understand you are trying to gain weight, but I don't think that much protein is health for a person, your kidneys definitely aren't liking you.
greenrebel is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrazy
Maybe it's just me, but have you thought about actually adding veggies and fruit into your diet? I understand you are trying to gain weight, but I don't think that much protein is health for a person, your kidneys definitely aren't liking you.
That wasnt my entire diet...I eat atleast a piece of fruit with every meal. Instead of veggies, i usually get a shot of wheatgrass...

If not, i'll eat plenty of veggies on my sandwich, or add it to my chicken and rice, or tacos.

I've done a lil' research on nutrition in my life.
Cammin4V is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 02:21 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
6'1 weighed in at 188.


Anything and everything.
Chicken tacos at least once a day with canned chicken and corn tortillas.
Peanut butter and Jelly as snacks.
Atleast 2 muscle milk shakes a day.
Turkey and Swiss.
Lots of yogurt and string cheese.
NO XPlode.
Eggs.
Lots of juice and milk.
Sunkist.
Not a bad burn rate for 6' 1" 188.

What is your body fat now? I'm about the same as you heigh and weight wise at about 11%.

I just started being able to really train again after my October achilles tendon tear so I should be back around 180 before the end of February.

Diet doesn't look bad although you mention cheese alot. I'm a homer for cheese and I really have to watch myself. My fav is the mozarella cheese sticks.

Hopefully those eggs are egg substitute or egg white. I typically mix a cup of egg whites with one whole egg.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Not a bad burn rate for 6' 1" 188.

What is your body fat now? I'm about the same as you heigh and weight wise at about 11%.

I just started being able to really train again after my October achilles tendon tear so I should be back around 180 before the end of February.

Diet doesn't look bad although you mention cheese alot. I'm a homer for cheese and I really have to watch myself. My fav is the mozarella cheese sticks.

Hopefully those eggs are egg substitute or egg white. I typically mix a cup of egg whites with one whole egg.
Yeah...I am at 12% now, give or take a few. I love me some cheese too.

My eggs are 2 eggs and 4-5 whites. Usually a good mix for me.
Cammin4V is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Lifer
 
Ronin6135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrazy
Maybe it's just me, but have you thought about actually adding veggies and fruit into your diet? I understand you are trying to gain weight, but I don't think that much protein is health for a person, your kidneys definitely aren't liking you.

I have to agree. I have a good friend who's dad is a kidney doc. After hearing some stories from him. I dont know why people would eat nothing but protein. It takes a big toll on your kidneys after a while.

02-z28
Ronin6135 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome