Westside Barbell Meet (random pics) - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Shorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gone
Posts: 7,886
Westside Barbell Meet (random pics)

One of my training partners Joe and our friend Tim went up to Ohio this weekend for a powerlifting meet at westside. Matt Smith has done consulting for Tim for a few years and more recently for us, and so they were invited up for the meet. Went well, Tim got his first 500 bench at 17 years old and Joe got pr's on his lifts. Here's some random pics he took during and after the meet.


records board

650

Phil Herrington- 935 at 198

Tim Harold is a monster

Matt Smith and Chuck Vogelpohl
Shorty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Roy L. Dennis
 
mgar22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The Heart of Gold
Posts: 1,428
Who needs to learn how to write an "N"? Is the dude that you called a monster 17??

SELECT * FROM users
WHERE clue > 0

0 rows returned
mgar22 is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Shorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gone
Posts: 7,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgar22
Is the dude that you called a monster 17??
he's 22, iirc.
Shorty is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 531
Sweet, a hair shirt.

93 Black Mustang GT

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Lifer
 
Stangin4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,482
A monster with some nice saggy b*tch tits!
Stangin4Lyfe is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Looks like a good time. Some heavy lifting in there!!
AL P is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Cool pics.
Do you know what some of the 181lb guys did? Those records are crazy. I ask cause i dont want to embarrass myself at my first meet when i go.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Lifer
 
Ronin6135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,674
those are some crazy weights. The only guys i could compete with are half my weight. lol

02-z28
Ronin6135 is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Shorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gone
Posts: 7,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
Cool pics.
Do you know what some of the 181lb guys did? Those records are crazy. I ask cause i dont want to embarrass myself at my first meet when i go.
Don't worry about the record board, that's at one of the strongest gyms in the country. Not to mention the gear issues and pharmaceuticals . It was a small meet full of strong folks, Joe said the first flight for squats was anyone opening <700. As far as your numbers, from what you've posted you're real strong for someone who hasn't been at it for long. A "normal" meet is going to have a lot more people lifting sane weights, but beyond that everyone there should be cool as hell. You'll learn a lot from going to meets even if you're not competing, and when you compete the other lifters are there to help. There's kids squatting 150 lbs that are getting as many cheers as guys doing 1000.
Shorty is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Rookie
 
GRAYHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Gym
Posts: 14,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
Don't worry about the record board, that's at one of the strongest gyms in the country. Not to mention the gear issues and pharmaceuticals . It was a small meet full of strong folks, Joe said the first flight for squats was anyone opening <700. As far as your numbers, from what you've posted you're real strong for someone who hasn't been at it for long. A "normal" meet is going to have a lot more people lifting sane weights, but beyond that everyone there should be cool as hell. You'll learn a lot from going to meets even if you're not competing, and when you compete the other lifters are there to help. There's kids squatting 150 lbs that are getting as many cheers as guys doing 1000.
That's good. I was on pace to do really good i think, however my knees and left wrist are killing me with all the heavy lifting.
Im pushing through the pain right now but i dont know how long it will last. My total is around 1150 right now and i'll be in the 181 class.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
GRAYHORSE is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Shorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gone
Posts: 7,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
That's good. I was on pace to do really good i think, however my knees and left wrist are killing me with all the heavy lifting.
Im pushing through the pain right now but i dont know how long it will last. My total is around 1150 right now and i'll be in the 181 class.
Just to throw it out there, make sure you're sitting back in the squat and your knees aren't drifting out over/past your toes. Also if you're not already, wear wrist wraps once the weight gets heavy on bench. You can get some 2' ones from Titan for like 15 bucks.
Shorty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome