Diet and Workout advice - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Diet and Workout advice

I've decided to get back into the gym and start working out again. Would love to add size but at this point it isn't a priority. Would like to tone up, increase strength as well as improve my cardiovascular health.

5' 8"
120 soaking wet

Current diet: None whatsoever, nothing regular anyway. I am ALWAYS on the go with work and school. Need portable solutions, things that wouldn't necessarily need refrigeration.

Current supplements: 1 a day mens health multi vitamin, B-Complex, Garlic 2000 mg (helps to ward off sickness and helps with cardiovascular health), Glucosamine Chondroitin (joint issues)

Would like to obtain a steady energy level through the day, also is there anything that helps improve mental awarenes, does ginko really work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
something I read everyday at work:

All things start as a dream
All dreams start as a plan
All plans consist of thought out steps
All steps are not without a price

Dream, plan, pay the price - DO IT!
LPC ID: black2002ls (22975)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Rookie

Pick up a fork and eat!

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 07:34 PM

I'm on this shit called jet fuel (giving it a try) and 7 keto and that shit keeps me awake from 7am to about 8pm without yawning once. It's more of a weight loss thing (caffiene helps with weight loss) so I probably wouldn't suggest that with how small you are...

Just eat a bunch. Ravioli, peanut butter sammiches and whatnot are good and you don't have to refridgerate or heat either of them as long as you can stand cold ravioli.

Serious question - does that garlic shit make your breath smell? I've always wondered

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 08:03 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

make food in the morning that you can eat through the day. jerky, mixed nuts, sandwiches, protein/meal replacement shakes/bars.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSprayIt
I'm on this shit called jet fuel (giving it a try) and 7 keto and that shit keeps me awake from 7am to about 8pm without yawning once. It's more of a weight loss thing (caffiene helps with weight loss) so I probably wouldn't suggest that with how small you are...

Just eat a bunch. Ravioli, peanut butter sammiches and whatnot are good and you don't have to refridgerate or heat either of them as long as you can stand cold ravioli.

Serious question - does that garlic shit make your breath smell? I've always wondered
No, it is odorless, well so to speak. If you want to try it out, buy the GEL caps, I made the mistake of buying the powder type pills once. couldn't even get the damn thing near my mouth. I try to stay away from a bunch of peanut butter, my cousin who is on permanent dialasys said it is hard on your kidneys. I had a kidney stone once, so I do everything I can to prevent kidney trouble.

Quote:

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 PM

Thumbs up try this

yeah just like tha man said you need to EAT ! Protein , milk thistle (for your kidneys) and omega oil . get some Glutamine and good carbs in and some good fats , for you i would start out with 6 egg whites in the morning to jump start the day and eat at least 120 to 150 grams of protein a day with allot of water ..you can gain weight this way ..but at oyur own risk , make sure you get checked by your doctor taking a high protein diet , im not a pro but this is what works for me ..i have bene doing this for 6 months now and i have gained 18.5 lbs of muscle ...some people can gain more but i cheat every now and then , my intake of protein is like 250 grams to 300 grams a day so its twice what you need ....if only i was dedicated to this diet id be a BEAST ...im 5 10 and 290 i bench 405 on max days 315 on a regular so im not a small guy either LOL ...good luck !

p.s tip to make protein get absorbed ...take streight (N.O) and no caffeine ..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

drink two protein shakes before you go to bed everynight. that'll pack on the pounds. i wish i had your problem...

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I'd be happy putting on 10-15 pounds of lean mass. I am starting my workout routine this week, we will see how well I stick to that first

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement