Question about diet/workout - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Question about diet/workout

I sent this to dav for some info and dav i really appreciate the reply. Just wanted some input from the rest of you.

I'm 22, 6foot 180lbs. My BMI is right where it should be. I don't know my body fat % though. I have an athletic type of build, broad shoulders but very lean. When i gain weight it seems to go to my stomach and love handle area. I've read up and been told that area mainly grows from poor diet and drinking. I don't drink that much but i do like to drink. I'll admit my diet sucks but i'm trying to work on it.

I wanted to first see if you could recommend anything for a good detox. I'm planning on cutting out soda's, fried food, and sugars from my diet and switching to drinking just water. I wanted to see if a detox would help get any extra crap out of my system for the transition. I've been told they a detox will basically just help clean out your system therefore making you feel better generally. Is this true? Or am I even headed in the right direction with this?

As getting back in some shape, my stomach area is where i'd really like to lose the fat. I've read many times that the stomach area is the hardest place to burn fat from, do you know if this is true? Do you know of any exercises to help cut fat in that area as well besides just doin sit-ups and crunches? Or is cardio in general going to be the best way to cut fat?

Also are there any fat burners out there that actually work and help burn fat. I've heard many things about fat burners... some work and some don't. Some may work but you'll get the shits and well that's no fun.

I'd like to lose 10-15lbs of fat, get leaner and then work on putting on 5-10 lbs of muscle. Even though they may work I don't believe in using anabolic steroids, i'd rather work my ass off for a year and be natural if that's what it'll take. Is there anything out there that's not so "hardcore" that I could take when I do start the bulking process?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTdeuce
As getting back in some shape, my stomach area is where i'd really like to lose the fat. I've read many times that the stomach area is the hardest place to burn fat from, do you know if this is true? Do you know of any exercises to help cut fat in that area as well besides just doin sit-ups and crunches? Or is cardio in general going to be the best way to cut fat?
You can't spot reduce, clean up your diet, get regular cardio, and the weight will come off.

Quote:
Also are there any fat burners out there that actually work and help burn fat. I've heard many things about fat burners... some work and some don't. Some may work but you'll get the shits and well that's no fun.
Calories in < calories out It's all in your diet.

Quote:
I'd like to lose 10-15lbs of fat, get leaner and then work on putting on 5-10 lbs of muscle. Even though they may work I don't believe in using anabolic steroids, i'd rather work my ass off for a year and be natural if that's what it'll take. Is there anything out there that's not so "hardcore" that I could take when I do start the bulking process?
Diet, diet, diet. The saying "Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym" is oh so true. Get pleanty of lean protein, cut out simple sugars/alcohol, and keep an eye on your carb intake. There is no miracle formula, it's all about basic biology.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
This man speaketh the truth.

8/16/05

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard

Right I realize a big part of it is about the diet... I've got the point that the diet is important. So how about the rest of it?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Lifer

Just like anything else in life. You bust your ass you will see good results...you skimp and take the short cut, your results will never be as good. Just make a plan and write it down and do what it takes to stick with the plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement