Question about diet/workout - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
Question about diet/workout

I sent this to dav for some info and dav i really appreciate the reply. Just wanted some input from the rest of you.

I'm 22, 6foot 180lbs. My BMI is right where it should be. I don't know my body fat % though. I have an athletic type of build, broad shoulders but very lean. When i gain weight it seems to go to my stomach and love handle area. I've read up and been told that area mainly grows from poor diet and drinking. I don't drink that much but i do like to drink. I'll admit my diet sucks but i'm trying to work on it.

I wanted to first see if you could recommend anything for a good detox. I'm planning on cutting out soda's, fried food, and sugars from my diet and switching to drinking just water. I wanted to see if a detox would help get any extra crap out of my system for the transition. I've been told they a detox will basically just help clean out your system therefore making you feel better generally. Is this true? Or am I even headed in the right direction with this?


As getting back in some shape, my stomach area is where i'd really like to lose the fat. I've read many times that the stomach area is the hardest place to burn fat from, do you know if this is true? Do you know of any exercises to help cut fat in that area as well besides just doin sit-ups and crunches? Or is cardio in general going to be the best way to cut fat?

Also are there any fat burners out there that actually work and help burn fat. I've heard many things about fat burners... some work and some don't. Some may work but you'll get the shits and well that's no fun.




I'd like to lose 10-15lbs of fat, get leaner and then work on putting on 5-10 lbs of muscle. Even though they may work I don't believe in using anabolic steroids, i'd rather work my ass off for a year and be natural if that's what it'll take. Is there anything out there that's not so "hardcore" that I could take when I do start the bulking process?
MotoMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTdeuce
As getting back in some shape, my stomach area is where i'd really like to lose the fat. I've read many times that the stomach area is the hardest place to burn fat from, do you know if this is true? Do you know of any exercises to help cut fat in that area as well besides just doin sit-ups and crunches? Or is cardio in general going to be the best way to cut fat?
You can't spot reduce, clean up your diet, get regular cardio, and the weight will come off.


Quote:
Also are there any fat burners out there that actually work and help burn fat. I've heard many things about fat burners... some work and some don't. Some may work but you'll get the shits and well that's no fun.
Calories in < calories out It's all in your diet.


Quote:
I'd like to lose 10-15lbs of fat, get leaner and then work on putting on 5-10 lbs of muscle. Even though they may work I don't believe in using anabolic steroids, i'd rather work my ass off for a year and be natural if that's what it'll take. Is there anything out there that's not so "hardcore" that I could take when I do start the bulking process?
Diet, diet, diet. The saying "Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym" is oh so true. Get pleanty of lean protein, cut out simple sugars/alcohol, and keep an eye on your carb intake. There is no miracle formula, it's all about basic biology.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Oooooooh-whee
 
Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: What up with that? What up with that?!
Posts: 10,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
.
This man speaketh the truth.

8/16/05
Tyrone Biggums is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
Right I realize a big part of it is about the diet... I've got the point that the diet is important. So how about the rest of it?
MotoMan is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Just like anything else in life. You bust your ass you will see good results...you skimp and take the short cut, your results will never be as good. Just make a plan and write it down and do what it takes to stick with the plan.
davbrucas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome